Chainsaw Holder?

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Has anybody seen or ever made a chainsaw holder? I'd love to see a picture or two of what you have done. I feel they have to be out there,.... Somewhere. Or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks to all!

Chris

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
Has anybody seen or ever made a chainsaw holder? I'd love to see a picture or two of what you have done. I feel they have to be out there,.... Somewhere. Or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks to all!

Chris
I have seen a couple on here. One was made out of PVC. Look through some of the old post and you'll find them.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Thanks to all!

Chris
Do a search on youtube for Paul Short - AKA - wildfire on this site, made a real nice one. Mounts on the right side, slide the saw right in

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Lol. Thank you 85! I seen the one on his BX. That's actually why I've come up with idea for one. I'm thinking of combining with my 3point on the side of a towing type box. But, would rather have the 3 point open in case I'd have an attachment on it. Thanks again !

redwormrancher

Equipment
L3200DT w/ LA524 Loader
Jul 1, 2014
NC
Here is mine. Held in place by straps, no fasteners.

Found a piece of scrap PVC (perfect green!) from sewer-line work being done in my neighborhood. Cut out a 4 inch chunk and warmed that baby over a charcoal fire. Flattened it out and put the saw in it while hot. Formed a little -Works great.

Sorry for the side-ways photos, I don't know how to rotate them.

RWR

Attachments

Bug-O-1

Equipment
Fransgaurd-farming winch
Aug 19, 2012
Liberty Maine

There's a good 1/2" gap between the loader mount, so this chainsaw holder slides in and out very easy, it's the first accessory I made.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Bug,

you my kinda guy.....make sheeet outta wood!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it - simple,effective and ifn it gets "old" - make a new one!!

Bug-O-1

Equipment
Fransgaurd-farming winch
Aug 19, 2012
Liberty Maine
In 07 when I got my tractor, I was putting the chainsaw in the bucket, seamed like a nice place for it, then after a few weeks, on my way to get some more firewood, I wanted to move some dirt, so I scoop up the dirt, dumped it out in another place and see my chainsaw falling out, blank bleeping BLANK!!!!, that's how good my memory is, out of site, out of mind. It's a wonder I didn't brake the saw, and that was the last time I put my chainsaw in the tractor bucket.

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Hey, that's an awesome idea! thanks. I may use that area for mine as well. I see you have chains... is it because of the tire tread, or simply that it's what's needed to get thru the snow, regardless of which tread you have?

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
I do run chains on all 4, I live on the coast in maine where the snow is wet and heavy. We get a lot of ice too, and I live on a small mountain. I use the machine for a lot of snow removal, so chains and weight are a must. I run about a 1000lbs on the back. The setup works well. I just make a ssqa snow plow that angles too. Cant wait to try it out- Well, I can..

Bug-O-1

Equipment
Fransgaurd-farming winch
Aug 19, 2012
Liberty Maine
Hey, that's an awesome idea! thanks. I may use that area for mine as well. I see you have chains... is it because of the tire tread, or simply that it's what's needed to get thru the snow, regardless of which tread you have?
This is my sec. one, I Like using wood for a chainsaw holder, it wont dull the chain, and it's lite. I used 1/2" Oak, it's strong wood, drilled, clued and screwed. The first one I made lasted 6 years, it was still in great shape before it burnt up, another story.

I like to cut my firewood in the winter time, and to do that, I need chains on my tractor because of the ice and snow, some times 2'. There's something about a nice sun shiny Saturday in Maine, in the winter time, 20-30 degrees and no wend, a day like that = no BUGS, the wood hauls easier, and stays clean, that's a good thing when hauling logs to saw up on my mill. Dragging firewood on snow really smooth's out the woods road to, and I can wear my wool shirt without sweating.

Last edited:

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
This is my sec. one, I Like using wood for a chainsaw holder, it wont dull the chain, and it's lite. I used 1/2" Oak, it's strong wood, drilled, clued and screwed. The first one I made lasted 6 years, it was still in great shape before it burnt up, another story.

I like to cut my firewood in the winter time, and to do that, I need chains on my tractor because of the ice and snow, some times 2'. There's something about a nice sun shiny Saturday in Maine, in the winter time, 20-30 degrees and no wend, a day like that = no BUGS, the wood hauls easier, and stays clean, that's a good thing when hauling logs to saw up on my mill. Dragging firewood on snow really smooth's out the woods road to, and I can wear my wool shirt without sweating.
I like your set up and the idea of using wood. Can you post a pic or two of how you have it attached to the FEL?

Thanks