Chainsaw Holder?

Bug-O-1

Equipment
Fransgaurd-farming winch
Aug 19, 2012
Liberty Maine
I like your set up and the idea of using wood. Can you post a pic or two of how you have it attached to the FEL?

Thanks
I think my daughter is coming out this weekend, I'll have her get some more detailed pictures where and how the chainsaw holder fits in. I know how to make the chainsaw holder, but how to put the pic. on the com is beyond my pay grade.

Bug-O-1

Equipment
Fransgaurd-farming winch
Aug 19, 2012
Liberty Maine

I like your set up and the idea of using wood. Can you post a pic or two of how you have it attached to the FEL?

Thanks

My Daughter took a bunch of pictures of my chainsaw holder this weekend, I wrote on some measurements so you have some idea. Its 2 years old and showing some ware on the top where the saw goes in and out, probably should have a rubber insert there, but it's pre- drilled glued and screwed so it will take a lot of abuse.
This holder fits good on the loader mount, but I don't know if other tractor's are like that, if you tractor doesn't have this 1/2" gap, then you might have to buy a new tractor to make this chainsaw holder work.

Last edited:

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Do a search on youtube for Paul Short - AKA - wildfire on this site, made a real nice one. Mounts on the right side, slide the saw right in

Thank you for your kind words my friend. Some great ideas here to house a chain saw. They are all great ideas because I've heard of a lot of guys that ran over their saw because they left it on the ground. That was the reason I built the one I have. I made mine out of Teflon and put two locks in it to keep it from bouncing around. I also made it so I could have an axe below it. It's cone in very handy for my use.
Stay safe everyone.

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
In 07 when I got my tractor, I was putting the chainsaw in the bucket, seamed like a nice place for it, then after a few weeks, on my way to get some more firewood, I wanted to move some dirt, so I scoop up the dirt, dumped it out in another place and see my chainsaw falling out, blank bleeping BLANK!!!!, that's how good my memory is, out of site, out of mind. It's a wonder I didn't brake the saw, and that was the last time I put my chainsaw in the tractor bucket.
God do I feel your pain!

I put mine in the bucket last week then started to push a load of brush from the long ends....The saw made out OK but the shock my system received when I dumped the saw was priceless....:eek:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Man, am I ever glad to hear I'm not the only du#$%ss that has done that. But that's the reason I have 2 chain saw holders on mine now.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Ya'll aint the only ones ;) didn't get the saw, but got the gas can and oil helping out my dad when i was a kid:) pops wasn't to happy

Deesil

Apr 12, 2015
Mims, Florida
Here's mine that I put on last summer
Made it to hold an axe, fire extinguisher, and knife as well
Couldn't be happier with it and basically the saw lives there (I thought it might get in the way visually for some loader operations but it doesn't at all.)

It's nice to always have a saw at the ready and the fire extinguisher is a must imo when monkeying about in the woods. That said, I probably use the hatchet more than anything :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hey Deesil what mdl husky is that? I have the 360 one cuttin LSOB but it is self destructing oh well maybe I need a new one :D

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I never needed a chainsaw holder before last week. I was clearing storm damaged trees to reopen our road and I set the saw down and climbed on the tractor. While jockeying around I almost backed over the saw. Spotted it just in time and realized it needed a safer spot while pushing with the loader. I stuck it on the fender and behind the seat which would have been ok but the hot saw melted a big hole in my seat!
Now I need a saw holder AND a new seat!

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Thank you for your kind words my friend. Some great ideas here to house a chain saw. They are all great ideas because I've heard of a lot of guys that ran over their saw because they left it on the ground. That was the reason I built the one I have. I made mine out of Teflon and put two locks in it to keep it from bouncing around. I also made it so I could have an axe below it. It's cone in very handy for my use.
Stay safe everyone.

Does anyone know where/how this is mounted onto the frame? I bought one of these: http://www.sawgrip.com/sg-vert.html with the intention to replicate Paul Short's design. I know he isn't on here much anymore, so wanted to reach out and see if anyone has ideas. I thought I might be able to attach it to the ROPS, but I think I like this side mount better, if I can figure it out. Left my chainsaw lying on the ground overnight yesterday, so it's time to figure this out.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhh you tractor guys,,, see your thinking how to hold a saw,,, The biker came out in me and I was thinking of a tall, long legged, scantly clad redhead holding my Husky,,(my chain saw ya perv) but there ya go ;)