Status
Not open for further replies.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Admiral points all. However, just because someone complains to a Moderator about a post(s) CONTINUALLY doesn't make it a violation of the rules.

Again, I agree with your notion about land/property, I was raised on a farm to, only 120 acres, but we didn't allow just anyone on there unless they stopped and got permission.
I'm going to use NHSledd's words - - I stand by my statement.

Who's rules? The owner.

Are you questioning the rights an owner of any form may have?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I cut and pasted Mr K's rules and etiquette for the Off Topic Forum in case you haven't read them.
I suggest that anyone that doesn't share or abide by these thoughts be banned from posting in the Off Topic forum.
I agree, you should be banned from posting in the off topic section here. The reason you hate these threads so much is your hyper-partisan views and your hatred towards us deplorables. You summed it up nicely up in the covid thread:

sheepfarmer said:
.... I can not respect those of you who continue to support a person and ideas that I think are destroying our country. Trump is a self serving crook. For the love of mike consider the possibility that he and his family and cronies are a mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
However I have never invited someone over the house and told them what to say, or how to say it. I have never told someone to leave our house because I didn't agree with them.
You were not invited here to OTT; you chose to join.

I governed the conduct in my house.

I believe the folks that run OTT have the same authority in their house.

I'm done.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
You were not invited here to OTT; you chose to join.

I governed the conduct in my house.

I believe the folks that run OTT have the same authority in their house.

I'm done.
You should read the homepage.

I stand by what I said. I do not tell others what to say or how to say it on "my property". I could see it happening, but it never has to this point.

So no examples of broken rules?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
You should read the homepage.

I stand by what I said. I do not tell others what to say or how to say it on "my property". I could see it happening, but it never has to this point.

So no examples of broken rules?
Wow - - what about "I'm done." don't you get?!?!

Exemplifies some of the issues.

Best wishes and god speed!

• Dislike

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
I'm going to use NHSledd's words - - I stand by my statement.

Who's rules? The owner.

Are you questioning the rights an owner of any form may have?
"Stand by your man"; I think I've heard that before. Some unsuccessful politician used that phrase.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just like any other forum, face book, twitter, ect..... There are always some form of censorship. Being that the forums are privately owned, the owners can allow or restrict content as they see fit.

In this case with the forum being dedicated to tractors and is family friendly, the owner chose to limit and ban certain topics and content. Religion and politics being among them since they tend to be hot beds for dissention among the ranks.

It's well within the owners rights to do so.

There are plenty of forums out there dedicated to politics and religion that someone can feel free to join and discuss those topics till their heart is content.

I for one miss the joking and good natured ribbing that has been absent in a lot of the discussions lately.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The following comments are specific to Canadian law. Other jurisdictions vary. China, for example, has a completely different take on the subject. That said:

Freedom of expression (including speech) and belief is protected by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. To a point. First and foremost, the protections apply only to involvement of the state. So while the state -- at any level, through its parliaments, courts, police, or other agencies cannot infringe on legitimate freedom of expression, private individuals are not obligated under the Charter.

Even then, freedom of expression is subject to certain reasonable limitations. Promoting pedophilia, for example. Or disclosure of state secrets. Or false advertising claims.

"Expression" includes not only speech, but also silence. In other words, Canadians have the right to NOT espouse a belief, whether or not that belief is seen to be "reasonable" by others.

To put it all together: A newspaper is not obligated to print a particular letter to the editor. That is not censorship. But that same newspaper cannot use the courts to suppress the printing of that letter in another publication. That would be censorship. See the difference?

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
" A newspaper is not obligated to print a particular letter to the editor. That is not censorship. But that same newspaper cannot use the courts to suppress the printing of that letter in another publication. "
And that's one of the reasons Papers (not NEWSPAPERS) are going the way of the DoDo. In a way censorship IS in the eye of the beholder.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
" A newspaper is not obligated to print a particular letter to the editor. That is not censorship. But that same newspaper cannot use the courts to suppress the printing of that letter in another publication. "
And that's one of the reasons Papers (not NEWSPAPERS) are going the way of the DoDo. In a way censorship IS in the eye of the beholder.
Not allowing foul language is an form of censorship 😉😉😉😉 But is widely excepted and expected among the masses.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The following comments are specific to Canadian law. Other jurisdictions vary. China, for example, has a completely different take on the subject. That said:

Freedom of expression (including speech) and belief is protected by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. To a point. First and foremost, the protections apply only to involvement of the state. So while the state -- at any level, through its parliaments, courts, police, or other agencies cannot infringe on legitimate freedom of expression, private individuals are not obligated under the Charter.

Even then, freedom of expression is subject to certain reasonable limitations. Promoting pedophilia, for example. Or disclosure of state secrets. Or false advertising claims.

"Expression" includes not only speech, but also silence. In other words, Canadians have the right to NOT espouse a belief, whether or not that belief is seen to be "reasonable" by others.

To put it all together: A newspaper is not obligated to print a particular letter to the editor. That is not censorship. But that same newspaper cannot use the courts to suppress the printing of that letter in another publication. That would be censorship. See the difference?
The site is hosted and sitting in America, so as far as the law goes it would go by US law.

Regardless, I have yet to see an example of the "rules" being broken.

Last edited:

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
I for one fail to see the relevance of your post. Everyone that joins already knows that stuff. I don't think there's any doxing going on here.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
From Mr K:
"It should be a welcoming and warm community of individuals who share a common passion for the best orange machine out there. To achieve this, we need you to use your best judgement when posting in the Off Topic forum. "

No doubt the owners of this site have every right to censor or eliminate any content they dont want here. However this is a business, not a personal home and the public is welcome here. The public has some major issues surrounding every day life that need to be talked about occasionally. If I walked into my local kubota dealership to buy a part and saw a friend I would talk about family, work, covid 19 and all the crap that goes along with all that including politics. Its what communities do with one another.

Ive felt anything but welcome and a part of a warm community like Mr K was hoping for. Both by certain members and a particular Mod. THAT is the real problem here. Its a one way street and if you are going the other way , the message is YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.

All of you folks here hammering Mr. K to eliminate members or eliminate forums, you really need to be looking at yourselves and what YOU can do to make this place more warm and welcome to other members.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
On the subject of Off Topic threads, I get kind of tired explaining the necessity of removing battery cables and cleaning both ends including removing the ground from the tractor frame! I sometimes wonder if the search function is even working, but the way folks don't want to do any research for themselves is another subject.

I enjoy helping people and do it every day is some way or another, but I need some diversity. I find some odd/weird subjects that I find interesting in some degree and start a thread in Off Topic to open up a conversation that's different. If folks get offended by my post enough I can always go to PlowSite, Polaris Ranger Club, CattleToday, or many other sites I enjoy. I'm not married to OTT, but I enjoy the topic of Kubota tractors and the people who are like minded.

When someone sends me a PM and tells me I don't understand (a topic), I have to remind myself I'm not in the 3rd grade and expected to follow orders. That raises a red flag in my awareness of that person's personality.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey everyone, thank you for bringing this topic up. We've clarified and answered some of these questions in a related thread just below. Closing this one out for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.