Can I tilt box blade on my bx2660?

Firescooby

Equipment
2010 BX2660, Ansung B2405, Kubota MMM, LMC BB
Jun 28, 2014
Cleveland GA
I've got a BX2660. I have Hodge adjustment bars. I also have a quick hitch.

Is there anyway to adjust to tilt the box blade where one side is dipped and it's at an angle?

Thanks in advance

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes, adjust the right lift rod up or down to put the blade at an angle.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
You can lift the right end of the blade up and down quite a bit using the RH adjustable link, but hardly any up or down on the left end. If you need a deep cut on the left, you need to swap the lift links side-to-side.

Bruce

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
You can lift the right end of the blade up and down quite a bit using the RH adjustable link, but hardly any up or down on the left end. If you need a deep cut on the left, you need to swap the lift links side-to-side.

Bruce
:confused: Even if you lengthen one and shorten the other?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"If you need a deep cut on the left, you need to swap the lift links side-to-side."

Or you could just turn your tractor around and go the other direction.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I don't understand why you guys think that switching the adjustable link to the left side changes anything.:confused: You're angling the whole implement, not just one side. The adjustable unit on the b series should be centered to have the implement level, so there should be an equal amount of tilt to either side, or at least very close.

The implements angle will be the same no matter which side the adjustable rod is on.

Example, from level you adjust up 2" or down 2", lets say that you get a 10 degree angle. Move the adjustable rod to the left side and do the same thing, you get the same exact results. Other than maybe a 1 degree difference when adjusting left and right, there is no good reason to be changing the adjusting rod from side-side. ;)

Firescooby

Equipment
2010 BX2660, Ansung B2405, Kubota MMM, LMC BB
Jun 28, 2014
Cleveland GA
Thanks for the replies.

Not sure how I've missed it, but I went out and clearly noticed the "turnbuckle" on the right side. I stood behind it for a couple of minutes a few days ago and never noticed it. Really thought my tractor had two fixed arms.

I think somebody came over last night while I was at work and switched it out. I'm sure it's the same person that comes in and moves my tools and turns the garage and basement into a mess after I clean and organize!

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Some levelers have 2 holes, at the bottom, too. you can put the left one in the high and right one in low, or vice versa, to add a little more or less length to where you need it...:D:D

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I don't understand why you guys think that switching the adjustable link to the left side changes anything.:confused: You're angling the whole implement, not just one side. The adjustable unit on the b series should be centered to have the implement level, so there should be an equal amount of tilt to either side, or at least very close.

The implements angle will be the same no matter which side the adjustable rod is on.

Example, from level you adjust up 2" or down 2", lets say that you get a 10 degree angle. Move the adjustable rod to the left side and do the same thing, you get the same exact results. Other than maybe a 1 degree difference when adjusting left and right, there is no good reason to be changing the adjusting rod from side-side. ;)
If you have a 60" blade on a class 1 - 3 point hitch and adjust the right side so the end of the blade on the right side moves 10" the left end of the blade will move 4". The pivot point will be the fixed link on the left side. The length of the blade to the right of the pivot point is 43" and the length of the blade to the left of the pivot point is 17" therefore the right end will move further.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
If you have a 60" blade on a class 1 - 3 point hitch and adjust the right side so the end of the blade on the right side moves 10" the left end of the blade will move 4". The pivot point will be the fixed link on the left side. The length of the blade to the right of the pivot point is 43" and the length of the blade to the left of the pivot point is 17" therefore the right end will move further.
Well, Larry, I have most definitely leaned something today. :eek: :cool:

I knew that there was a difference, I was thinking that the pivot was still in the center when it is not as you have mentioned.

On a 6' wide implement, it is about a 4-1 ratio, that is a big difference.

So as long as a person is willing to have a different amount of adjustment from side-side, the actual angle of the implement can be setup so that it is the same at the maximum available adjustment.

I need to figure out what that ratio needs to be. 3-1, 4-1 ? Have to confirm later.

Thanks for this enlightenment. ;)

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
"If you need a deep cut on the left, you need to swap the lift links side-to-side."

Or you could just turn your tractor around and go the other direction.
My ditching is mostly cleaning out hilly roadside ditches. I can pull lots more when going downhill.

Bruce

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bruce, I have never swapped the adjustable links on a tractor to get an implement to work, or to work better.

I believe if that was a method of adjustment required from time to time the manufacturer would have made it part of the original assembly.

If that's the only way you can get your machine to do what you want, that's your prerogative.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
You seldom need to tilt that much. My box blade wouldn't clean the ditch without taking too much road surface when tilted down on the left. (by going up on the right)

Bruce