Bx2670 glow plugs

edwardsonmark

Apr 8, 2016
US
When turning the switch to the on position the glow plug light shows for around 5 seconds then goes off. Do the glow plugs also turn off when the light goes out or do they continue to run?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
They go out when the light goes out, so don't wait on starting it. ;)

edwardsonmark

Apr 8, 2016
US
That is kind of what I thought. Thanks...one more question if I may..does it help when really cold to do run thru 2 cycles before starting? When I plug it in this isn't an issue it's just when starting when I don't get it plugged in. Thanks

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
From an earlier post

No one has mentioned this and it may not be applicable to your tractor which is not yet identified.

If your glow plugs are controlled by some electronic wizard, it is possible to force them into another cycle using an undocumented feature.

Assuming you have a shuttle shift, you move the shuttle to forward position and turn key to start. The glow plug light on the dash will not come on but it will be heating. I count to 10, put the shuttle lever in neutral and start.

This trick is a big help even when using a block heater. Sometimes the block heater warms up the sensor which controls how long the glow plugs heat and even if they do at all.

Although the block is warm from the heater, the frigid air coming into the cylinders makes it reluctant to start.

Take 10 seconds and force a cycle and boom the engine does not even turn over.

Dave M7040

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
When you turn the key "on" all the indicator lights come on for about 5 seconds to check the indicators, the glow plugs are not on during that 5 seconds. After the five seconds turn the key a little further and the glow plug glow light will come back on and the glow plugs will come on. Hold the key in the glow plug position for the time in the instructions (2 - 5 seconds) and then turn the key further to start the tractor.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
When turning the switch to the on position the glow plug light shows for around 5 seconds then goes off. Do the glow plugs also turn off when the light goes out or do they continue to run?

Thanks in advance

NOT on this model, when you turn your key on, the "dash info" comes up and on, the idiot lights will light much like a car.....

if you move the key to the right, you will activate the glow plugs, it will glow till the cows come home! I typically hit the glow plugs for about 3-5 seconds when temp are "warm" 50+ and then will hit them for 10-15 when "cold" 35 and below. I have allowed them to heat for 20+ seconds when cooold ....like single digits!;)

edwardsonmark

Apr 8, 2016
US
Thanks both of you for the clarification I guess I haven't ever started it with the glow plugs! No wonder it doesn't like to start terribly well when it's cold!

Thanks all for the help!

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
My bx25d will start at -28 C with about a 20 second glow plug cycle and throttle set to quarter and block heater NOT plugged in. Not ideal as I should have plugged it in, but it started none the less.

Sent from my Z850 using Tapatalk