BX25 Replacement Seat Options

2fast916

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Oct 17, 2013
West Granby, CT, USA
Hello All and Happy New Year!!!

I've been searching for an answer to my thoughts for a few days now and haven't really come up with any concrete solutions. Does anyone know if there is a seat upgrade available for the BX25?...preferrable something with a suspension. I know that new BX25D seat will bolt on but, that is about all I've found....and I do believe that is a pricey option.

While I'm at it, for anyone with the "D" model, how do you like your seat? Is the comfort worth the asking price or a good look?

Thanks!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have the D, it has arm rests and I use them:D, I think it is very comfortable, but....when you bounce around a bit, you bounce around a .....bit. I cannot image changing it!

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well having the BX25-D myself I can honestly say I appreciate what Kubota has done with this new seat. They don't always get it right.

This opinion is coming from a guy that took the OEM seat out of a brand new Kubota 5740 and spent over $1100. Just for a replacement seat and a day welding to get the tractor comfortable so yes the "D" seat is wort it. That being said there are great replacement seats to get but you'll have to modify them or the tractor to make them work.

2fast916

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Oct 17, 2013
West Granby, CT, USA
Well having the BX25-D myself I can honestly say I appreciate what Kubota has done with this new seat. They don't always get it right.

This opinion is coming from a guy that took the OEM seat out of a brand new Kubota 5740 and spent over $1100. Just for a replacement seat and a day welding to get the tractor comfortable so yes the "D" seat is wort it. That being said there are great replacement seats to get but you'll have to modify them or the tractor to make them work.
Thanks, Wildfire! Sounds like the "D" model seat is a definite upgrade. My only reservation is that I've heard the updated seat cost was ~$800 and that's what had my brain churning...if I were to spend that much money, how much more would I need to invest in a true suspension seat. Also, I can do the fab work so, adapting seats isn't a problem. Could you suggest some seat companies that I could research / contact?

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
This is one place to look. They carry a full line of different seat manufacturers. www.tractorseats.com

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Thanks, Wildfire! Sounds like the "D" model seat is a definite upgrade. My only reservation is that I've heard the updated seat cost was ~$800 and that's what had my brain churning...if I were to spend that much money, how much more would I need to invest in a true suspension seat. Also, I can do the fab work so, adapting seats isn't a problem. Could you suggest some seat companies that I could research / contact?
Ya I heard they weren't cheap. If it were me looking for a seat I'd look at Grammer again. Top quality stuff and a great selection of seats.

2fast916

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Oct 17, 2013
West Granby, CT, USA
Thanks all for the advice!!! I'll start chasing down all your leads...

Donystoy, if you submit a request for info via the Northern Tool site, they're pretty good at answering your questions. I'm curious about this option the BX too so, when I get around to it, I can post their response.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Just checked the Northern Tool seat again and all the info is in their Q&A's. Only problem I see is that it does not flip forward. The height from bottom to top of seat cushion is around 7" so I will have to see what room I have to work with to fab up a hinged mount with retainer. I need access to the area underneath as well as been able to flip the back hoe seat down.

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
I have a new BX25D and find the seat is one of the most comfortable I've ever used. It's designed with the user in mind with the right amount of firm cushioning and support in just the right places. A higher back and armrests also add to its comfort....

BRAMEL

Equipment
Bx 1500...gone! Bx25D just arrived.
Dec 22, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The bx25d seat is 1000% better than my old half back seat on my old 2003 bx1500. That old seat made my back hurt like heck. Now if someone could come up with a mod to add heat to my bx25d's seat....:eek:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

2fast916

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Oct 17, 2013
West Granby, CT, USA
Well I might just have to give this a try...for the price!!! I've actually thought the same thing about having a heated seat, while tending to this winter's storms. My only concer is that it might not be waterproof but, again, for the price, if it fries, just order another. I would hope that it would last at least one season.

Also, thanks for all the thumbs up on the 25D seat!!! Still haven't made up my mind on what to do but, a simple bolt on seat vs. custom mods makes it entertainable for sure.

CCnCoke

Sep 23, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Hello all - been lurking for a while and modding my 25D since getting it in the fall.

I realize this is an old thread that I'm reviving but I was wondering if anyone actually went through with heating the seat on the BX and how it turned out? Been freezing my butt off the past few days and it seems like this should be an easy mod provided one can get under the leather (vinyl?) portion of the seat in order to position the heating mats.

Thanks!