The cab is fairly simple to remove. The doors and back panel can be removed in less than a minute. The front is a little more involved to remove so I may leave it on year round.
The wheel weights are actually a set I made years ago for one of my old Cub Cadet garden tractors. I bought a couple sets of the factory weights for the Cub, so I painted these orange and put them on the Kubota. They’re 50 lbs each.
The insulation seems to have made life a little more bearable inside the cab. I think the top was reverberating and reflecting sound and the 1-1/2” of foam board has tamed it some. I’ve added some foam rubber in a few other places to seal up air leaks.
I had added magnetic lathes to the back panel to hold it in place until the inside latches were secured. They worked fine until the windows and gaskets were added which added enough weight that the magnets weren’t strong enough. I found a rubber Jeep hood style hasp that I added to the top of the back panel.