bx2360 dualls on right side

Varmit81

Equipment
Bx2360. M4950
Sep 24, 2019
von ormy, Texas, USA
i am thinking of adding dual wheels on the right side on my bx2360 i mow a lot of retention ponds and drainage ditches and i want to put an offset flail mower to get closer to water i am not sure if spacing the wheels would be enough are there any cheaper spacers than the ones i see online i thought i saw once that you could use jeep spacers?

any ideas? thoughts? concerns?

85Hokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90-'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Someone was thinking this a good while back ......... I think the consensus was it was not a good idea.
The stress on the axle and spacers would create problems in the long run.

I would think about an offset "weedeater" or something that could reach out and catch that edge without placing the tractor too close to the waters edge would be a cheaper and safer idea.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Courtney Scott from Good Works Tractors runs duals on his JD 1025R and he works that little tractor like a rented mule...no reported issues. He's pretty good about telling the good and bad about things regardless of color. He doesn't get "free" tractors from sponsoring companies like some YouTubers do.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Does he run duals on only one side like the OP is asking about?
Both. The only time I've ever seen someone run duals on one side is for moldboard plowing. You run a single in the furrow and duals on the land side.

I know a gal who died recently mowing grass along a pond edge.

Varmit81

Equipment
Bx2360. M4950
Sep 24, 2019
von ormy, Texas, USA
Someone was thinking this a good while back ......... I think the consensus was it was not a good idea.
The stress on the axle and spacers would create problems in the long run.

I would think about an offset "weedeater" or something that could reach out and catch that edge without placing the tractor too close to the waters edge would be a cheaper and safer idea.
i was thinking about trying to put a dr tow behind weed eater on the loader and offset it somehow i dont know if all the weight will affect the steering of the tractor. i am also not sure if it will have enough power to take down some of the weeds i encounter thanks for the feedback

Varmit81

Equipment
Bx2360. M4950
Sep 24, 2019
von ormy, Texas, USA
Both. The only time I've ever seen someone run duals on one side is for moldboard plowing. You run a single in the furrow and duals on the land side.

I know a gal who died recently mowing grass along a pond edge.
sorry about your friend, i am trying to make sure it doesnt happen to me

Reactions: 1 user