bx2360 dualls on right side

Varmit81

Equipment
Bx2360. M4950
Sep 24, 2019
von ormy, Texas, USA
i am thinking of adding dual wheels on the right side on my bx2360 i mow a lot of retention ponds and drainage ditches and i want to put an offset flail mower to get closer to water i am not sure if spacing the wheels would be enough are there any cheaper spacers than the ones i see online i thought i saw once that you could use jeep spacers?

any ideas? thoughts? concerns?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Someone was thinking this a good while back ......... I think the consensus was it was not a good idea.
The stress on the axle and spacers would create problems in the long run.

I would think about an offset "weedeater" or something that could reach out and catch that edge without placing the tractor too close to the waters edge would be a cheaper and safer idea.

Reactions: 1 user

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Courtney Scott from Good Works Tractors runs duals on his JD 1025R and he works that little tractor like a rented mule...no reported issues. He's pretty good about telling the good and bad about things regardless of color. He doesn't get "free" tractors from sponsoring companies like some YouTubers do.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Does he run duals on only one side like the OP is asking about?
Both. The only time I've ever seen someone run duals on one side is for moldboard plowing. You run a single in the furrow and duals on the land side.

I know a gal who died recently mowing grass along a pond edge.

Varmit81

Equipment
Bx2360. M4950
Sep 24, 2019
von ormy, Texas, USA
Someone was thinking this a good while back ......... I think the consensus was it was not a good idea.
The stress on the axle and spacers would create problems in the long run.

I would think about an offset "weedeater" or something that could reach out and catch that edge without placing the tractor too close to the waters edge would be a cheaper and safer idea.
i was thinking about trying to put a dr tow behind weed eater on the loader and offset it somehow i dont know if all the weight will affect the steering of the tractor. i am also not sure if it will have enough power to take down some of the weeds i encounter thanks for the feedback

Varmit81

Equipment
Bx2360. M4950
Sep 24, 2019
von ormy, Texas, USA
Both. The only time I've ever seen someone run duals on one side is for moldboard plowing. You run a single in the furrow and duals on the land side.

I know a gal who died recently mowing grass along a pond edge.
sorry about your friend, i am trying to make sure it doesnt happen to me

Reactions: 1 user

91diesel

Equipment
BX23S Homemade hyd toplink and pallet forks, Agriease/Nor-Trac snowblower
Dec 31, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
I used aluminum wheel spacers (2", off amazon) on mine. World of difference, and if people are using them on 3-5.5k lbs mustangs and broncos doing 60mph...... I figure I'm safe on the bx23s.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Mowing around ponds and having the tractor fall into them resulting in death is a very common occurrence. Stay safe and away from the water's edge. If you want to cut the grass around the pond, use a push mower.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Added 2” wheel spacers and methanol ballast in the rear tires of the B26 to improve hillside rear finish mowing. Significant improvement. Also helped with FEL balance. Always back toward creek and pond edges.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Remember that the weight of a second tire/wheel on the other (up hill) side will add to stability on the slope as well.

As will loading all your tires on the rear, if you do add one/two. If only one, not sure if loading that particular tire would add to stability much, if at all, if it were on the downhill side.

There have been some people that have put duals on the rear of BX tractors and ran them for a while. Not sure how long, but do not remember any negative reports.

Wheel spacers are a great idea as well. For the BX you can buy spacers actually sold for a jeep, but work perfectly, and are cheap.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I purchased some of the lower cost ones, not too cheap but not the name brand. If I were doing what you want them for I think I would splurge.

I still have not put mine on still debating, if I was going to put duals on I would definitely do both sides. Good Luck and be safe!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Get a wheeled string trimmer. I have this and it’s awesome. The large line takes down huge weeds and it’s very easy to push.