BX front wheel weights

Nodlenor

Equipment
BX2380 w/loader, tiller, blade, dirt scoup, & Woods 5' 3 pt. mower.
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
Does Kubota offer front wheel weights for a BX2380? What kind of weights does everyone use on the front?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Max weight is #275 and must use the optional front weight bracket.

This assumes no other hardware on front of tractor such as front mount for snow blower.

Often called Suitcase weights.

forum BX2380 front weights.jpg

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Typically weights on the front wheels is not used.

Why are you wanting weight on the front "wheels" ? you placing something on the rear? If so - suitcase weights will be better than wheel weights.

Edit - Dave beat me to it

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Often the older tractors had front wheel weights. I have 2 Farmall Cubs that have front wheel weights. I do not know why you could use liquid ballast for the front tires as well as the rear.

Nodlenor

Equipment
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
I thought if I put the weight on the wheels it would be out of the way for other implements. Wouldn’t the front weight bracket interfere with the loader?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I thought if I put the weight on the wheels it would be out of the way for other implements. Wouldn’t the front weight bracket interfere with the loader?
A loader once off the ground will provide a great deal of weight on the front end by itself.

What are you placing on the rear to wish more counter weight on the front?

Most wish to add weight to the rear when using a loader - so the rears will have grip .

A loader even without a load is placing a good bit on the front wheels - and when loaded will place so much weight on the front, the rear end will come off the ground.

Nodlenor

Equipment
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
I have a 48” tiller on the back and I take the loader off in order to get into smaller spaces such as vegetable gardens that are fenced. The front is very light when the tiller is raised.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a 48” tiller on the back and I take the loader off in order to get into smaller spaces such as vegetable gardens that are fenced. The front is very light when the tiller is raised.
Ok - gotcha, picture clear now.

If the loader is off and you are doing a good bit of gardening - I would find a way to hang weights on the front - even in a temporary. I would imagine the grill must come off to add the weight bracket? IF not - fabricate a "front" weight that can hang off the grill guard - or perhaps take the grill guard off for the tilling season.

Any weight on the front end will help the rear significantly - even #50 will help - the pivot point being the rear axle - the front weight will be at least 4+ feet away thus working well to your advantage.

On my B7100 - I have a metal angle iron box - weighs about 25 pounds and has about 50 pounds of chain in it, makes a huge difference when I pick up the box blade.

Remove the guard and see if a fabricated weight can be made for the front end

This may help - cheaper than weights and you could add anything on the hitch

https://heavyhitch.com/product/front-receiver-hitch-kubota-sub-compact-tractors/

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
For an old garden tractor, I added a mount to put 2 x 50# barbell plates on. worked like a charm...

Reactions: 1 users

Nodlenor

Equipment
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
I figured it would be simpler to use some wheel weights similar to lawn tractor wheel weights and just leave them on. I don’t want to install and replace them often because I’m not supposed to lift much weight (bad back).

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Yes, it does. I use front weights on three of my Kubotas and weights and weight brackets (except M9960 cast iron weight bracket) must be removed to install FEL.

Don't believe that Kubota offers front wheel weights for the BX series but you could add Rim Guard to the front tires. Will help a bit but is a mess if you have a puncture.

SDT

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
Might want to consult your owners manual about front ballast. Mine (for my B2320), specifically warns against adding liquid to the front tires. Front ballast is only to be mounted to the front "bumper", using a bracket.

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
Front suitcase weights is your correct answer on the front with the proper weight bracket. Should be able to mount 4-5 suit case weights depending on width of bracket. Most do not suggest loading the front wheels or wheel weights as it would NOT provide much additional weight. Typically cost approx. 1-2 dollars per pound new. Keep an eye at farm auctions or other selling places, Craigslist, etc., for used ones. Rear weight, loaded tires and/or weight box when using FEL.

Nodlenor

Equipment
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
Thanks all. I'll have to see if I can find some smaller weights that I can handle and either purchase or make a mount for them.

MuttCat

Apr 9, 2017
Dorloo, NY, USA
Thanks all. I'll have to see if I can find some smaller weights that I can handle and either purchase or make a mount for them.
I too wanted some weight out front, and after a lot of hand wringing purchased the correct rack and suitcase weights. Pricey, easy, works, never looked back.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
i would just throw them on the bumper frame, it was a huge help when carrying something on the back that weighed about 350 pounds without the loader on.

later added a box frame to the grille guard to hold the weights

Nodlenor

Equipment
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
I finally broke down and ordered a weight bracket and some weights today. My better half convinced me that I should “do it right “ and buy the proper parts instead of “making a mess of it”.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I finally broke down and ordered a weight bracket and some weights today. My better half convinced me that I should “do it right “ and buy the proper parts instead of “making a mess of it”.
buy once, cry once

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
today, while cleaning up some papers, I came across a mechanical drawing of the Kubota weight bracket for the front of the BX. I downloaded them off of TBN. The title of the post is "front weight bracket", dated 01/01/2009. After seeing all the parts that had to be cut, and drilled, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the effort to make it, but faster to buy it from the Kubota dealer. I did buy my weights used, however, they show no wear other than paint loss.