Building Additional Attachements

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
Well, now that my trailer is about done (darn rain will not allow me to finish the last hour I need on it), I am beginning to build several attachments for my lovely orange tractor.

First two on the list is Clamp-On Pallet Forks, built form 3x1.5 C-Channel left over from the trailer build.

Second is a 3-Point Trailer Hitch attachment as I have several trailers that have to get moved often.

I have attached PDF of my drawings and will be uploading pics through the process.

Attachments

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Well, now that my trailer is about done (darn rain will not allow me to finish the last hour I need on it), I am beginning to build several attachments for my lovely orange tractor.

First two on the list is Clamp-On Pallet Forks, built form 3x1.5 C-Channel left over from the trailer build.

Second is a 3-Point Trailer Hitch attachment as I have several trailers that have to get moved often.

I have attached PDF of my drawings and will be uploading pics through the process.

looks good!

for the cost of the trailer hitch - I am not sure you can get the materials for it cheaper than this......but I understand the fun of designing and building it too!:)

http://www.amazon.com/Trailer-compa...37346&sr=8-1&keywords=Kubota+BX+Trailer+Hitch

shipped for free - that is crazy good!

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
I am building all of this from the trailer steel left overs. In terms of the steel itself, these two attachments are being built with about $75 worth of steel, less than one 20' stick of 3x1.5 C-channel.

Yes, I debated long and hard about buying the Trailer hitch attachment, but when I realized I would have enough leftover steel, well it was cost effective to say the least.

Besides, I has a 2" couple adapter laying around and I will have a 3-ball receiver in mine. No extra cost.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
knightgang, nice work.

On your forks you might need a gusset on the riser channel that goes to the clamp. You're going to have a lot of pressure on the weld where the two channels are connected. Just a triangle piece of plate going forward a few inches.

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
Nice forks, from experience, if you are using them for anything other than skids, you might want to strap or chain them down to keep them straight. I was using straps and quite often wouldn't even tighten the clamps. You have a better design than the ones I purchased, so your clamps might be enough.

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
knightgang, nice work.

On your forks you might need a gusset on the riser channel that goes to the clamp. You're going to have a lot of pressure on the weld where the two channels are connected. Just a triangle piece of plate going forward a few inches.
Thanks for the reminder. I actually intended to put a side strap there tying the riser channel to the lower fork down the side. I will go back and add that, the plate straps are on the table, just forgot to add them.

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
Nice forks, from experience, if you are using them for anything other than skids, you might want to strap or chain them down to keep them straight. I was using straps and quite often wouldn't even tighten the clamps. You have a better design than the ones I purchased, so your clamps might be enough.
I have left room for modification for some chain/strap points is necessary. We will see how they do. I did not really want to extra expense of straps of chain and binders if it was not going to be needed. Of course, if I am pushing stuff around with the end of a fork like many people actually do with a forklift, then they will become necessary.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't understand your dimensions on the three point hitch?
It should be width of 26" not 18.5"
and the height should be 18" so at 19 it's not bad just off.

Attachments

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
Once the Pins are installed, it is 26" from end of pin to end of pin. I took the dimensions from one that I was considering purchasing. Showed 26" end of pin to end of pin on the bottom and 19" center of pin to center of pin vertical rise.

Should work out okay, may have to adjust to lower link arm stabilizers, which I need to redo on my tractor anyway.