Broken Green Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Got a green machine in today with a 18hp Kawasaki that has a broken cam gear. Anyone ever repaired one of these? I'd like to know how much labor is involved to make a quote for my customer! It is a JD345
Ed

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Just for your information, I am a successful Kubota and Husqvarna dealership! We sell 150 to 200 Kubota's per year. And a shitload of Husqvarna's!
Ed

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Be sneaky as shit and call up the local JD dealer and pretend to be a customer who needs one fixed and see what they say as far as price.

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Just for your information, I am a successful Kubota and Husqvarna dealership! We sell 150 to 200 Kubota's per year. And a shitload of Husqvarna's!
Ed
Oh, really, you ask that crap and you will get it from me.
If you are successful dealer and service WHY ARE YOU ASKING US STILL????
Don't think Vic would ask us how much to charge his customer.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Ed . I did a bit of reading and it seems kawasaki may have some issues with cam gears. It may be more than the gear. Time and material ??? Dusty:eek:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Will, back off. eserve is legite. It's not uncommon for someone to ask that type of question. If I get a vehicle in my shop that I don't have labor rates on, I'll call another shop that works on them to get the time chart. being a Kubota and Huskvarna dealer, it's not supriseing eserve does not have info on a Kawasaki.

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Got a green machine in today with a 18hp Kawasaki that has a broken cam gear. Anyone ever repaired one of these? I'd like to know how much labor is involved to make a quote for my customer! It is a JD345
Ed
That should be able to be fixed by leaving the engine in the chassis and just pull the engine cover and valve covers. The 20 hp has the same issue and they make a steel gear cam for replacement, the 18 should be the same. The 345 is very similar to my 425, I would guess around 6 hours for a really good mechanic, as long as it didn't damage anything else.

Will In Tx

Equipment
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
So, these forums are for "shop machine people"??????
Hmmmmm knew I should have left here long ago.
Tell yeah what, do it for free then, if your a BIG MAN!

And as for IPZ, you ain't the BOSS here! "eserve is legite", Hell what am I dip? Oh yeah just a customer that has to pay for the product. So is this a customer forum or a service shop forum??

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Will who the hell do you think Vic is and does for a living? Not only is he a moderator he also is a Kubota mechanic and runs a shop in Canada. This is a public forum for anyone and everyone to join and be a member of. I'm glad to see Eserv here on the forum to lend a helping hand and his knowlege to take some of the load off Vic. Eserv is just another useful tool in the drawer.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Looks guys this is a wonderful forum Please backup and rest keyboards. This site has a lot of knowledge on it and everyone has freely gave each other information. REMEMBER I HAVE ALWAYS SAID I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING I LEARN something new every week about welding. We all help each other no one knows all about john deere kubotas hondas etc. We all ask advice and eserv has given a lot of it freely and so have you will . Please remember this site is for everyone and not any 1 group. Sorry for blabbering but all of us help each other or should. Thanks for all you have done also Vic and to Mr k for starting this forum.handy

Will In Tx

Equipment
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
how much labor is involved to make a quote for my customer! It is a JD345
Ed
That should have been between dealers, most of us are YOUR buyers and hell yeah it pissed me off buy no means.
Vic, it was not pointed to you.
That crap should have never been posted like that, HE knows who is a dealer here, now I wish I did not, just like my dealer but I would say smaller and everybody knows how I love mine.

Vic do as I requested.

Still my questions go unanswered......................

Will In Tx

Equipment
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Vic, I see you deleted a post. For all others...here it is.

"Dear Will In Tx,

Service Dept Vic has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Broken Green Machine - in the Off Topic forum of OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota.

This thread is located at:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2192&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Will in TX you are out of order.

I know for a fact that Eserv is indeed who he says he is, where he's from and what he does.

His comments and answers on this forum come to us the same way yours do. In 'free time' and voluntarily.

Ed choses to help us out with real info, tech support and repair help that most visitors to this site would have to pay $105 an hour door rate to find out.

So don't go dissin' my Kubota Service Tech comrades and brothers, we're here to help.

Play nice or be flamed. Your choice.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:"

So that means anyone here better play nice......or be flamed as he said.
Gets better every hour.....

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Vic, I see you deleted a post. For all others...here it is.

"Dear Will In Tx,

Service Dept Vic has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Broken Green Machine - in the Off Topic forum of OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota.

This thread is located at:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2192&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Will in TX you are out of order.

I know for a fact that Eserv is indeed who he says he is, where he's from and what he does.

His comments and answers on this forum come to us the same way yours do. In 'free time' and voluntarily.

Ed choses to help us out with real info, tech support and repair help that most visitors to this site would have to pay $105 an hour door rate to find out.

So don't go dissin' my Kubota Service Tech comrades and brothers, we're here to help.

Play nice or be flamed. Your choice.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:"

So that means anyone here better play nice......or be flamed as he said.
Gets better every hour.....
Will, you are out of order as far as I can tell. You referred to someone else as a drunk, I have sat here for weeks wondering what you have been drinking and how much, most of your posts are incoherent, and this was uncalled for.

I really don't see the problem, a Kubota service person asked how long to service a piece of JD equipment, I assume because they don't have the JD rates. Since when is this a crime or anything to get upset about?:rolleyes:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I asked how long the job should take, not how much to charge for it. I really don't understand the fuss!
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.