Broken BX25D Quick Attach

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Fixing the driveway today after yesterdays storm. Scooping buckets of gravel to fill the wash-out. The bucket will not curl!!! What the heck???
The Quick attach weld failed. Note the lack of penetration. Removed the quick attach, places the bucket right on the loadrer and finished the job.
BX25D FEL Quick Attach Weld Fail.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Wow. That sure is a piss poor weld.

Must have been a Friday or Monday build.;)

Luckily it should be a relatively quick and easy fix.

Sawdust&Shavings

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870,LA203A,BX6315,BX2767,RCK48-18BX,GCK60-23BX
Apr 25, 2023
Stafford, VA
Fixing the driveway today after yesterdays storm. Scooping buckets of gravel to fill the wash-out. The bucket will not curl!!! What the heck???
The Quick attach weld failed. Note the lack of penetration. Removed the quick attach, places the bucket right on the loadrer and finished the job.
View attachment 119962
I need to go take a peak at mine.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It took 5 years of use, about 1,000hrs to finally have this appear.Had to remove loader and 'stuff' for neighbour to WELD it proper.I emailed Kubota about it, they dumped a wad of cash into my account.
100_4939.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
View attachment 119962
William,

I am curious about the pin - it looks awful clean - did you clean it after the break?

That is a sorry weld for sure !

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
wow, I zoomed up the picture 400%(aging eyes...) and I don't see ANY grease oozing out the 'retaining bolted' end !

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
IMHO, they are asking too much from too little amount of weld. A 3/4” stitch weld on top where the greatest amount of stress is = a recipe for what happened. Wolfman nailed it!

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
William,

I am curious about the pin - it looks awful clean - did you clean it after the break?

That is a sorry weld for sure !
Yup, all cleaned off. If I am going to get something fixed, I try to bring it cleaned to the person, not wanting to leave it to them to clean my mess.
That pin actually does not pivot, it is the pin the quick attack on my little guy 'hooks on to' and is not a pivot point. It is just identical to the pivot pin, handy in that who ever welds it can use it for alignment and in the mean time, my FEL is still functional.
Having a very hard time to locate a local welder though...

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Found a welder!!! Spoke with a 'olde tymer' neighbor. Welder/heavy equipment repair place less than five miles. Just dropped it off. Be fixed tomorrow!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Bring a can of Kubota Orange spray paint and no one will be the wiser. Easier to clean and paint before it rusts.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Bring a can of Kubota Orange spray paint and no one will be the wiser. Easier to clean and paint before it rusts.
Already in the Plan, Stan. ;)
I'm in no rush to re-install the mount being I almost never made use of it in the past. So when warm weather returns in six months, I'll paint and MAYBE re-install. It does make the bucket stick out 4" further, reducing my lifting load a little and with a tiny BX25, every pound of lift matters.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
All welded up, the guy even spray some primer on. Good deal!

I contacted Kubota, the local dealer as I said earlier, was utterly clueless what a FEL was!!!

Kubota said:
"Thank you for bringing this concern to the attention of the Kubota Customer Satisfaction Department; while we are able to record your comments in our system, this department is unable to provide any form of technical, repair, or maintenance assistance regarding your unit. All technical related support and inquires/issues/specs info will be answered by your local authorized Kubota dealership service department.

To begin the diagnostic process, Kubota Tractor Corporation recommends contacting or bringing your unit to the dealership that sold it to you in order to receive this information. If this is not a feasible option, you may also contact any authorized Kubota dealership in your area for different suggestions/recommendations on the matter and arrange to have the unit brought to them to receive further information on your unit along with any other technical related questions"

Basically blew me off, did not even want to see a picture. Sad

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
wow, things are different on my side of the 49th ! Within 2 hours of emailing Kubota Canada, my account at Galer had a nice donation of 'corporate cash' NOT 'dealer coins'.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
wow, things are different on my side of the 49th ! Within 2 hours of emailing Kubota Canada, my account at Galer had a nice donation of 'corporate cash' NOT 'dealer coins'.
I really do not care about compensation for this. I've had it for quite a while. I spent time removing it and getting to the shop for welding. The shop charged me just $20 though. I was so pleased, I gave him $30 and another small job to do. That Kubota just blew me off entirely is disheartening.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Ha!
Kubota sent me a 'Customer Satisfaction' survey. I replied 'very dis-satisfied' and the survey ended. I guess it is not what they wanted to hear.

• Haha

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
The coins I received were totally unexpected. I penned my concerns that there may be a series of defective loaders(maybe the welding line ran out of gas on a Tuesday between 10 and 10:30 ??),after all ,it'd taken 1000+ hrs for the very poor 'weld' to finally fail. I'd have thought 'customer service' would like to know WHY you're dissatisfied, so that they could improved 'this or that'.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The coins I received were totally unexpected. I penned my concerns that there may be a series of defective loaders(maybe the welding line ran out of gas on a Tuesday between 10 and 10:30 ??),after all ,it'd taken 1000+ hrs for the very poor 'weld' to finally fail. I'd have thought 'customer service' would like to know WHY you're dissatisfied, so that they could improved 'this or that'.
I had a vaguely similar experience with a Yamaha 225HP outboard.
I complained to my local dealer, and the area customer service manager, with no success.
I was asking for repair/replace of a defective structural part, and the motor was 2 years old (I bought it used).
I e-mailed Yamaha, explaining that this was a motor to be used offshore, and failure could result in loss of life.
I suggested that the Consumer Product Safety Commission might want to consider issuing a recall of all similar large Yamaha motors.
Yamaha, immediately authorized the part replacement/repair, at no cost to me!

Last edited:
  • Love

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You don't know what bad customer service is until you have a Mercedes Benz that has a failure less than 1 week out of warranty. The Regional Customer Manager told me to buy a new Mercedes if I wanted one with a warranty. That was the last Mercedes that I purchased from that dealership. A week later I got a call from the owner of the dealership whom I had known for many years before he had the dealership. He wanted to know what I told one of his customers, and I told him that I explained what had just happened to me at his dealership and how it happened. The service manager knew while the car was still in warranty that the air conditioning compressor had failed, but didn't tell me about it until after the car was out of warranty. I had complained about the engine stalling when it was started for the first time in the morning. He told me to turn off the climate control until the engine was up to temperature, which removed the A/C compressor from the system. When it got warm in April and I needed the air conditioning, it wouldn't work. I took it to the dealership and when I told him what the problem was, he told me that it needed a new A/C compressor. I asked how he knew since he didn't even go out to look at the car. Then he said that I needed the new compressor when I first complained about the stalling. The reason the owner of the dealership called me was that his customer came in and canceled his order for 3 new Mercedes. My conversation was with another member of the Rotary Club that I was a member of, and this man was a guest from another town visiting our club. That man was extremely wealthy and bought a new Mercedes for his family every year. He took his business to another Mercedes dealership after that. If you screw over a Rotarian then you will lose a lot of business. Rotarians are very ethical people in their business and personal life.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You don't know what bad customer service is until you have a Mercedes Benz that has a failure less than 1 week out of warranty. The Regional Customer Manager told me to buy a new Mercedes if I wanted one with a warranty. That was the last Mercedes that I purchased from that dealership. A week later I got a call from the owner of the dealership whom I had known for many years before he had the dealership. He wanted to know what I told one of his customers, and I told him that I explained what had just happened to me at his dealership and how it happened. The service manager knew while the car was still in warranty that the air conditioning compressor had failed, but didn't tell me about it until after the car was out of warranty. I had complained about the engine stalling when it was started for the first time in the morning. He told me to turn off the climate control until the engine was up to temperature, which removed the A/C compressor from the system. When it got warm in April and I needed the air conditioning, it wouldn't work. I took it to the dealership and when I told him what the problem was, he told me that it needed a new A/C compressor. I asked how he knew since he didn't even go out to look at the car. Then he said that I needed the new compressor when I first complained about the stalling. The reason the owner of the dealership called me was that his customer came in and canceled his order for 3 new Mercedes. My conversation was with another member of the Rotary Club that I was a member of, and this man was a guest from another town visiting our club. That man was extremely wealthy and bought a new Mercedes for his family every year. He took his business to another Mercedes dealership after that. If you screw over a Rotarian then you will lose a lot of business. Rotarians are very ethical people in their business and personal life.
"Rotarians are very ethical people in their business and personal life"
I ain't quite convinced of that!
My Rotarian ex brother-in-law, was fondling young girls.... for years!

A somewhat similar MB dealer story:
Wealthy friend had always bought Lincolns.
I helped to convince him to buy a Mercedes.

He went to his local Mercedes dealer (VA, Beach area) and negotiated a deal for a new MB.
Time to sign the buy order, and salesman added $2K "dealer prep" fee, to the already agreed price.
My friend said, "I will not pay that".
"We agreed on a price, and that is what I expect to pay"
Salesman said: "everybody pays that".

Friend said: "not me", and left.
He drove a few blocks to the Lincoln dealer, and bought a new Lincoln!

MB dealership owner called him that night, and apologized for any "confusion" about the pricing, and stated that there would be no $2K "dealer prep" fee.

My friend said : " too late, I bought a new Lincoln, a few minutes after I left your place"

• Wow