Brand Spanking New Kobito

dom

Equipment
Kobito BX25D
Feb 18, 2014
Front Royal, VA
Oh mang! I got up and 6am on a Saturday to pick this unit up. It's amazing! Really taxed my trailer and 4Runner though. I've been on a marathon all day playing with it. It's 7pm and I just came in the house.

Why is video embedding disabled on the forum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEB5CROOnKM&feature=youtu.be

Made a huge muddy mess in the yard today, but I moved a lot of wood.

Is this unit supposed to idle at 1,500 rpms?

Will add some more pictures here in a minute.

Sorry, I tried to scale the image. HTML is disabled and I can't get the bbcode scaling to werk for me. I'll figure it out before I post more.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OUTSTANDING,,,, That's right Dad get her started young and you will have a friend for life,,,:D
And yeah 1500rpm is about right!!

dom

Equipment
Kobito BX25D
Feb 18, 2014
Front Royal, VA
Thanks Skeets!

I didn't realize how big she was smiling until I uploaded this series of pictures. As I was waxing the hood of the new Kobito this evening I couldn't help but think, "man, I've never waxed a tractor before!" I've owned many cars, trucks, bikes, atvs, and this is by far the coolest piece of machinery I've ever had. When pushing the forward pedal the feeling of the hydrostatic transmission reminds me the 3,500 stall converter I had on my hopped up '79 Dodge Lil' Red Express. The 4wd is perfect too. My think I sunk about 6" in my yard and BX did fine without even straining.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Your going to dig hole you never knew you needed,,,lol

dom

Equipment
Kobito BX25D
Feb 18, 2014
Front Royal, VA
Thanks Mike! Hana loves it. She didn't like the three wheeler (gone now). Doesn't care much for the hog either. She likes my '82 El Camino though.

Skeets - I'm going to dig many holes I don't need. *laff* I even made a few on accident today! I've been sitting here looking/reading through the manual. It's astonishing just how much is involved in these things. Seriously though, I have a huge project planned for this unit. I have a 30' by 70' by 4' high pile of clay/dirt that needs moving, then some removal from the front of the house too. It's going to be fun. I run a small sideline on weekends and often have customers asking me about dirt works, so I'll probably be doing some gardening for hire with it.

Is quick reply disabled? - won't work for meh

Last edited:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new machine; very nice.

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
dom, congrats! I see you have some very precious cargo on board too.

I'm really happy for you, I know the feeling. Good stuff!

You will come up with so many things to do with it, you'll wonder how you got along without it.

Dirt Mover

Jan 9, 2014
Delaware
Dom,
Just got my new 3350HST in Jan. I used it for moving snow. I was ready for more but the temp is 65 today. Think I better think about tilling a garden or something. I like my tractor and I am sure you will enjoy yours too especially having your helper with you. That's the best part.
DM

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Super! Much better than friggin with one with issues!

We really like pics here, and that's a great one!

Best.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Urban Definition
1. Kobito
A person that is a genius in every way. one that is cultured and smart and incredibly good looking.

Little up on yourself or just a bad pun on the Kubota name???:confused:

Last edited:

dom

Equipment
Kobito BX25D
Feb 18, 2014
Front Royal, VA
Hey guys!

Yeah, the kid and all her friends love it. Every time one of them come over to the house it's a new reason to fire up the Kobito. My daughter is working the pedals and the wheel now. The yard is still tore up pretty good from yesterday, so I was only able to pick up a few more logs before I stopped doing more damage making tracks. I'm wondering about buying some forks (like a fork lift) for lifting/moving concrete benches around. I also have a really heavy, but compact, vibrating table I'd like to pickup and move. I'm still in amazement how awesome this thing is!

dom

Equipment
Kobito BX25D
Feb 18, 2014
Front Royal, VA
Urban Definition
1. Kobito
A person that is a genius in every way. one that is cultured and smart and incredibly good looking.

Little up on yourself or just a bad pun on the Kubota name???:confused:

LOL

It's actually a Japanese yard fairy/dwarf. My daughter has many Kobito toys and books. More can be found out here:

Kobito

We've been setting up traps and hunting for Kobitos since my daughter's last visited Japan.

Since the name is so similar, and she likes them, I decided to make it my tractor's name.

Hana loves it.

FYI: My avatar is a peach kobito. I do like the urban dictionary's definition better though!

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well that clears that up! :rolleyes:

Well then congrats on your dwarf tractor. :p

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Kids and tractors, scary. My employees niece got her arm cut off by a bush hog. She was running toward the tractor to ride and triped and fell at the edge of the bush hog. Her dad did not see her comeing in time to shut the bush hog off.

dom

Equipment
Kobito BX25D
Feb 18, 2014
Front Royal, VA
Kids and tractors, scary. My employees niece got her arm cut off by a bush hog. She was running toward the tractor to ride and triped and fell at the edge of the bush hog. Her dad did not see her comeing in time to shut the bush hog off.
That is horrible!

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Fine looking tractor. Oh your going to love it and wonder how you got by without it. I think of ours as the Swiss Army Knife of tractors. We have forks on ours and really find them handy. Do you have the quick change for your bucket? That's nice to have when you want to change over fast from the bucket to the forks.

Please be careful with the little one around the machine. These machines might look like a toy but they aren't and can cause a lot of bodily harm.

Enjoy.

How about this for a rock and a BX25-D