Best prices for tires?

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
I’ve had my L4400 for a little over a year. Thinking about changing the Ag (only fronts for now) to industrial ones. We have more rock here than mud. The ag tires are practically new, so I’d probably try to sell them after I get different ones. Looks like I will need new wheels also, for the wider tires. Other that going to the local dealer,Where’s the best deal on tires and wheels?
Looks like they will be 10-16.5, I think.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can't just change out the front tires for Industrials, it will change the ratio, you will also have to change the rear tires at the same time. ;)

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
You can't just change out the front tires for Industrials, it will change the ratio, you will also have to change the rear tires at the same time. ;)
If I get the Same diameter industrial tires, how is that changing the gear ratio?
That’s what I had planned on doing. Unless the ind. tires don’t come in the same size as the ones that I have?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
What you need to look at is the rolling circumference measurement taken by measuring with a tape measure around the surface of the tire. Ag tire’s tend to stand taller than a comparable R4 because the R4 has a flatter surface. Comparing the exact same tire size in R1 and R4 tread will have different outside measurements.

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
What you need to look at is the rolling circumference measurement taken by measuring with a tape measure around the surface of the tire. Ag tire’s tend to stand taller than a comparable R4 because the R4 has a flatter surface. Comparing the exact same tire size in R1 and R4 tread will have different outside measurements.
Gotcha. That makes sense.

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
So, unless someone can tell me the direct replacement for the front tires(not wanting to change the back ones now), I should be able to go by the local tractor store and measure, and find the ones that are closest( hopefully exact height)to my existing tires. I think that would work, right?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Usually Ag tires are narrower than R4’s or turfs. Also, measuring a tire that is not mounted will give you a different measurement than one that is mounted and inflated.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
If you're looking to research rolling diameter, rim size, etc..., suggest referencing the various AG tire manufactures product catalogs as they provided this information. Once a size is determined it can be checked against the multitude of tire suppliers.

Here's one example, but there are others. Just need to search - AG Tire Catalog or similar.
http://www.titanstore.com/search/70/0

kemosabe

Equipment
Kubota L2501, 60" Box Blade, Front Loader
Sep 5, 2018
Houston, TX
I've got R4s on my L2501...I'm probably going to purchase a set of turf tires to have on the side for doing things in sensitive areas that R4s currently rut up. Heard turfs are cheap?!?

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Other that going to the local dealer,Where’s the best deal on tires and wheels?
I don't think we answered Witchgrass' original question; and i'm curios too i need new fronts.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Call your local Kubota dealer and ask the sales department (not the parts dept) for the wholegoods price on the desired tire/wheels for your tractor. In many instances it is cheaper to buy this way than to purchase tires and wheels independently plus having them mounted.

Wholegoods price will be for the complete wheel/tire assembly ready to bolt on.

The OP will still have the issue of upsetting the drive ratios when in 4x4.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
My local dealer can do wheels and tires cheaper than the tire place can do just the tires.