Bent Quick Attach on Loader

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
this ...
I recently bought a new 3902, it now had 30 hours and the rod has bent
is 'sail's post'.

yes, NEEDS to be a separate post and it's really,really vague !

'the rod is bent' on his '3902'. NOT enough information. I only own one Kubota, a BX23S, so I don't know what a '3902' is, could be a B3902, BX3902, maybe a MX3902 ?? What I do know is that not ALL loaders and QA plates are the same, different configurations and construction is used. probably based in part on WHAT tractor it is attached. I can't assume it's a B3902..my luck it's really a BX3902......

'the rod is bent'. 'rod' to me says 'rod', a solid round bar of steel, say 'hydraulic cylinder ram piece' NOT a section of structural tubing that connects SSQA plates together.

A picture is worth 1,000 words and would really SHOW what he's talking about.In my 'free' time I help others with coding issues using microcontrollers. Those that give details and examples are easy to help,even those they're 1/2 way round the World and in their native language.
What does your BX and your computer coding have anything to do with this. If you have paid any attention at all to this site over the last year you would know that a 3902 is a new L series tractor Kubota came out with and if he is asking about a bent tube on a thread titled “Quick attach on a loader “ then the common assumption is he is talking about the tube connecting the two sides of the ssqa. Giving a new member a hard time and babbling on about your other life experiences is just driving away someone new asking for help.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
he 'hijacked' the original thread at post #51..
I'm betting not everyone using this forum KNOWS about every new product Kubota comes out and what it looks like.Heck odds are 50/50 BAP doesn't KNOW what loader is on my BX23S.
he did post pictures in #58 and #60, even circled the 'rod' to show what his was referring to. My analogy to computers is simple...information is critical.
I don't like to 'assume', prefer good detailed,accurate information before make a decision. While I only own one Kubota and have easy access to 5 others, it's not important to me to know what new models come out.

Sail

Aug 6, 2022
TX
no worries y’all, not worth getting spun up :cool:

going to call corporate and see if they‘ll show me any love…believe it or not it has zero to do $$$ as much as the company doing the right thing. It was/is a weak design if it failed under regular use, or any use for that matter. I’m no stranger to equipment, had a few tractors over the years and I‘ve run em hard (as a yout) and never bent or caused such a problem.

just one man’s opinion

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Most likely a pin didn't get latched properly and the implement twisted causing the plates to be "de-tuned"! The plates can not be twisted if both pins are locked and stay locked.

Reactions: 3 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
he 'hijacked' the original thread at post #51..
I'm betting not everyone using this forum KNOWS about every new product Kubota comes out and what it looks like.Heck odds are 50/50 BAP doesn't KNOW what loader is on my BX23S.
he did post pictures in #58 and #60, even circled the 'rod' to show what his was referring to. My analogy to computers is simple...information is critical.
I don't like to 'assume', prefer good detailed,accurate information before make a decision. While I only own one Kubota and have easy access to 5 others, it's not important to me to know what new models come out.
Sail didn't "hijack" anything, do you even know what that means? He simply continued a thread that was directly related to his problem, in an identical way as OP.

The only thread hijacking around here is from you blabbering on about electronics and pontificating about "metallurgy", good job!

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not sure why everyones is not understanding...

This thread is about a bend quick attach, and the "rod" or tube that connects them as well as keeps the two shoes in alignment. What's not clear about that? This is a common issue sadly with a few of the Kub SSQA loaders. What does it matter if it's a HST or DT? The loaders are the same right? Cut the guy some slack, he came here for help.

Arguably, @Sail should have created a new thread rather than reviving and old one, and gave more detail about his issue, but it's not hard to figure out...and I'm not even a Kubota guy :LOL:

So, @Sail , I very well may be covered under warranty, you will have to battle wit the dealer on that.

I clearly didn't read back into the thread, I was confused how an engine rod got bent using the loader?
Hence the reason I was asking what exact model tractor it was. ;)

Yes your right a bent SSQA attachment plate alinement rod has zip to do with the tractor it's on.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I recently bought a new 3902, it now had 30 hours and the rod has bent (n)

how is this not a warranty issue?
Ok now that I'm back on track as to what rod got bent.

First thing to do is look at the latch pins:
With no bucket on it, are they booth pointing the right direction, wedge to the rear?
Are they both extending down the same distance?
When you throw the latches are the snapping into place?
If any of these are an issue, that will give you some ground to stand on as far as it not being operator or operation error.

If none of the above are present then sorry to say this, but yes it's operator or operation error.
You either didn't get it latched into the SSQA plate properly, or something caused it to unlatch or pop the pin up and unlatch.
Bending that rod only happens when one latch or the other does not stay latched, I've had sticks and branches unlatch them, I've had rocks pop the latch pin out of the pocket, it just happens.

Some would argue that it's a design defect, but with 100's of thousands of this exact setup, that has been used for years and years successfully, it's hard to put any weight behind that argument.

Several on here have implemented methods to mitigate the issue, by adding supplemental lever holders and if your working in brush and things of that sort it's a very good idea to do that.

Reactions: 1 users

Sail

Aug 6, 2022
TX
Just a follow up, the dealer I bought it from made good on the fix, no charge. (y)

Ewald Kubota Marble Falls

….never did get ahold of corporate

Reactions: 5 users

Sauce73

Equipment
B2301
Sep 9, 2020
Lafayette, Indiana
I have straightened at least 6 of these, a couple were even this twisted. Just block the right side and roll quick attach back. Bring it back slow, let the pressure off and measure the distance on each side. If you do go too far on the left, move the block from the right side to the left side and try again.
Thank you for sharing your experience. This worked perfectly.
IMG_2208.jpeg
IMG_2211.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Sauce73

Equipment
B2301
Sep 9, 2020
Lafayette, Indiana
If it was me, I would try putting a two by four in that shortest ram to stop it from returning and see if the hydraulics can pull the other back in line. If it does then you can reassess whatever welding or gussets etc you may add to strengthen it. You are correct in assuming the latch released I believe. It is designed to work as a unit with the bucket in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you for sharing, that’s what makes this site great!

Reactions: 1 user