Be kind to your Kubota dealer

robert2601

Aug 18, 2021
Afton,Tn
There are a lot of people here waiting on their new tractors. I am one of them as I have been waiting over 8 weeks. I am getting anxious but at the same time I feel bad for the Kubota dealer. Their inventory is slim and they need tractors to sell to thrive as a business. I am trying to be patient and understanding of the dealers situation and hope you will be too. We need the dealers for the service and parts later and I look forward to the day when the lots are full of tractors and these dealers can get back to normal.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
It's always good practice to be nice to those you do business with.

Having said that, according to Neil (from Messicks), they're actually selling more tractors than ever. There's not a shortage of tractors as such, in that there are more tractors being made. But there is a shortage in that the demand is even higher. So, for arguments sake, they're selling 5% more tractors than in 2019, but people want to buy 10% more. Better still, they're not having to do a lot of deals - they're selling tractors for list price.

I think it's important to be nice to your dealer. But you shouldn't be thinking that they're going broke. They're probably doing better than they have in years.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Every once in a while I take a dozen Sweetwaters donuts in to my local Kubota dealer. I write my name on the box and it goes to the service techs first and the leftovers to the rest of the staff. Maybe when I take my tractor in for work, they'll recognize the name on the work order. Good P.R. goes a long way.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Unfortunately for my dealer, he has gotten greedy and that means that I will not be loyal to him and pay him an exorbitant price when I can get it from another dealer for less. On one $250 item, he wanted $50 more.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Every once in a while I take a dozen Sweetwaters donuts in to my local Kubota dealer. I write my name on the box and it goes to the service techs first and the leftovers to the rest of the staff. Maybe when I take my tractor in for work, they'll recognize the name on the work order. Good P.R. goes a long way.
You might have to be from around here to recognize Sweetwaters donuts. A treat when in Kalamazoo for formerly annual trip to the flower nurseries.....

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
You might have to be from around here to recognize Sweetwaters donuts. A treat when in Kalamazoo for formerly annual trip to the flower nurseries.....
Wesco makes a mean donut too...very popular in the Plainwell/Otsego metro area.

Reactions: 1 user
D

Deleted member 47704

Unfortunately for my dealer, he has gotten greedy and that means that I will not be loyal to him and pay him an exorbitant price when I can get it from another dealer for less. On one $250 item, he wanted $50 more.
My dealer was ok on the tractor no deal except what Kubota offered, but implements hes high.

robert2601

Aug 18, 2021
Afton,Tn

Having said that, according to Neil (from Messicks), they're actually selling more tractors than ever. There's not a shortage of tractors as such, in that there are more tractors being made. But there is a shortage in that the demand is even higher. So, for arguments sake, they're selling 5% more tractors than in 2019, but people want to buy 10% more. Better still, they're not having to do a lot of deals - they're selling tractors for list price.

I think it's important to be nice to your dealer. But you shouldn't be thinking that they're going broke. They're probably doing better than they have in years.
Messicks probably is first in line to get new tractors to sell. I dont really know but I imagine that the smaller rural dealers do not share in that luxury as I do not see much inventory with the smaller dealers. Makes sense if dealers dont have inventory they will charge more for what they do have.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
If a dealer is selling tractors and implements as fast as he can get them then he is saving a lot of money by avoiding the costs associated with holding inventory. I suspect that most dealers are doing very well.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

This is all correct. My dealer is as busy as they have ever been. Spring even in April they sold 25 tractors in 24 hours. They arent hurting around here.

D

Deleted member 47704

Messicks probably is first in line to get new tractors to sell. I dont really know but I imagine that the smaller rural dealers do not share in that luxury as I do not see much inventory with the smaller dealers. Makes sense if dealers dont have inventory they will charge more for what they do have.
Yeah Messicks has the rear blade I want, the local dealer has the one I really don't want.But can't get a quote out of Messicks.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yeah Messicks has the rear blade I want, the local dealer has the one I really don't want.But can't get a quote out of Messicks.
You have to talk to a salesman, not a counter person, about the price of the equipment. I just bought a Land Pride 3 point quick hitch, but it didn't come with the manual. I called Land Pride today, and they gave me the manual number and instructed me to contact Messicks and have them order me one. Said that they could get reimbursed for the manual by filing a warranty claim on the serial number of the unit. Will have to call them in the morning.

D

Deleted member 47704

You have to talk to a salesman, not a counter person, about the price of the equipment. I just bought a Land Pride 3 point quick hitch, but it didn't come with the manual. I called Land Pride today, and they gave me the manual number and instructed me to contact Messicks and have them order me one. Said that they could get reimbursed for the manual by filing a warranty claim on the serial number of the unit. Will have to call them in the morning.
They quoted me a different brand because they are out of stock on the one I wanted. More money of course.
I don't like the idea of buying the one my dealer has and next year buying the one I want, its a waste of money.

Garfunkle

Equipment
Nunyet
May 24, 2021
Clackamas Co.
8 weeks, hell that's nothing, I have been waiting since May. Called to ask the salesman again today, well he won't be in until Tuesday.

NvRudder

Equipment
L2501DT, LA525, R14's, Bison NVHA210 84" RB, Allied 60" SB, Diamond C 10k Dump
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
Today is 18 weeks for me...still no ETA...10 days since Dealer met with Kubota regional rep to look at orders that might be moved/traded...no news or updates.

Can't see how these smaller regional dealers can stay in business with little to nothing to sell.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I bought a used low hour 2020, and it was labeled as 2020 on the bill of sale from the dealer. I asked for a Certificate of Origin from Kubota, and when it arrived, it was 2019 on the C. O. Not that it matters to me, however, I see this as a deceptive practice by both Kubota and their dealers to call the tractor sales based on the year it was sold, not the year it was manufactured. I can see them getting into a class action lawsuit if this knowledge gets out to the general public.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I get firearms and optics for the guys at the local dealership at 50% - 60% off. The owners don't work there so the employees aren't able to give me similar breaks but that's not why I do it. I do it because I consider them all friends. I treat them with respect, I listen to their advice, and I've never had a bad experience whether it's stopping by to chat, picking up parts, buying a tractor, buying implements or whatever. They are a great group and I always try to help those that I like.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Being respectful of a dealer is like being respectful of anyone you deal with... Customer or vendor...

However.... Insisting on good customer service ....respectfully... is NOT a bad thing.. In my tool and die shop as well as the precision expected, I insisted everyone did 110% customer service.. It paid off 120 % + time and time again.. I also expected the same quality customer service from my vendors, or I found new vendors..

My 5 cents of experience and opinion..