B7800 Died

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
Last night, I started my B87800, let it warm up for 30-45 seconds, backed out of it's parking spot, gave it a little more throttle, and then started forward. I got maybe 15' and it began to sputter, like a gasolene engine when the choke is on, and then died. Before it died, the exhause was a blueish black.

It's been about a month since I used it last. Where would you start to look for the problem? I'm thinking that I may have had a critter build a nest or otherwise clogging up the air intake. Is that possible?

I also found out that wasps like building their nest in the seat, and then sting you on your arm and back when you sit down and disturb them. Don't ask me how I know that.

Brad

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Crack open then fuel filter just a little bit and let some fuel run out, you might have just a bit of water sitting in the tank thats built up from condensation.

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
I looked at the air filter, and it was a little dirty, but not to the extent that it should cause problems. I checked the air intake, and it was clear.

I can't tell you for sure the last time the fuel filter was changed. I bought the tractor from a fella last year and he said that he had just changed the oil and fuel filter. I know the tank is low on fuel, so maybe if there was any water in the tank, it was sucked up and is in the filter.

I'll check it next.

Brad

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
I think I'll take this opportunity to replace the fuel filter, air filter, and change the oil and filter, and create my own basline.

Thanks for your input, guys. I'll let you know how I come out.

Brad

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
Last night I finally got around to looking at the fuel filter. I had purchased a new one, thinking I would replace it. When I took off the bowl, and removed the filter, it was completely clogged with rust. I drained the tank, but didn't get any more rust. I cleaned out the bowl, filled the tank, and installed the new filter. I let fuel fill the filter and bowl before tightening up the bowl.

I bled the lines at the injectors, and after about 30 seconds of cranking, it started right up...smoked a bit, but then took off and ran fine.

Thanks for all of your help, guys.

Brad