B7300 3-point arms bent?

Kubbie

Equipment
B7300
Sep 3, 2016
Slatington, PA USA
I'm inheriting my dad's 1999 B7300. He passed away about a month ago; he'd been suffering from dimentia for 7 years. During his decline he continued to use the tractor despite not knowing anymore how it operated and repeatedly getting it stuck because he tried to mow in the woods with the finish deck and doing things with it he no longer knew were wrong.
My brother mentioned to me that one time he was over, my dad had the whole 3-point taken apart and couldn't figure out how to get it back together or where the arms go. I noticed the left arm (non adjustable) appears to have a bend in it and the top links sit at an odd angle. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be that way, if the arm is damaged or at very least it is assembled wrong. I currently have a New Holland TC33 and the 3-point arms don't look like this. Please look at the picture and let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
May i suggest you hang a 3 point implement on it and let us know how it looks.
The linkages are all loose until it has something on it,should look normal with an implement on it.

Kubbie

Equipment
B7300
Sep 3, 2016
Slatington, PA USA
May i suggest you hang a 3 point implement on it and let us know how it looks.
The linkages are all loose until it has something on it,should look normal with an implement on it.
Thanks, will do. I was just surpris d that the left arm looked a bit bent; wondered if dad put it back together wrong. My Other tractor's 3-point doesn't look like that. I'll hang the brush cutter on it and see how it looks.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm thinking the reason they look out of whack is that the lift brackets for the mower are pulling the arms and "twisting" them.
Now I don't know if the mower lift brackets are on right or not?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Looks normal. Different manufacturers design their 3 point components differently. Don't judge your Kubota against them- it's easy to find photos (tractorhouse is a good place to search) to see how your tractor stacks up against others.