B7200 HSTD

Boothdoc

Equipment
B7200 with loader
Nov 12, 2019
New Windsor, Md
Good day folks;
So my tractor has basically stopped wanting to go forward and barely goes reverse. It has plenty of fluid and the hydraulic lift 3point goes up and down and so does my bucket.
I am thinking it is the transmission. It seems like the “clutch” is gone.
Thoughts????

Boothdoc

Equipment
B7200 with loader
Nov 12, 2019
New Windsor, Md
The tractor does in fact have a clutch. Have you looked at it or tried to adjust it?

Dan
No I have not tried to adjust it at all. I just got a manual and I need to research this. It does seem the clutch is the issue. I just don’t know how the HST works and if it still had clutch plate

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Pull this cover:
1709075322267.png

Then you will see the propeller shaft
Run it and try and move around, if it's not turning or turning very slow, then it's 100% a bad clutch:
Replace the pilot bushing clutch disk, pressure plate and throw-out bearing while your in there.

1709075503331.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
No I have not tried to adjust it at all. I just got a manual and I need to research this. It does seem the clutch is the issue. I just don’t know how the HST works and if it still had clutch plate
Engine to transmission is just like a geared machine. The engine drives the HST transmission via a very conventional flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Pull this cover: View attachment 123172 Then you will see the propeller shaftRun it and try and move around, if it's not turning or turning very slow, then it's 100% a bad clutch:Replace the pilot bushing clutch disk, pressure plate and throw-out bearing while your in there.
I must speak up about this. "Run it and try moving around" implies that one should grab shaft with hands while tractor is running.Don't do it! You could easily loose an arm or be killed. In the interest of your health and well being I suggest wheels blocked and engine not be running anytime body parts are near this or other rotating shafts. The below was recently posted as a sticky and I see this as a classic case of "You might be blowing smoke without even knowing it🤪 " so please don't shoot the messenger.
[IMG alt="North Idaho Wolfman"]https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/avatars/m/13/13714.jpg?1591463526[/IMG]
North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 201327,8204,592113Sandpoint, ID

Sometimes you've got to be a detective to give great info. ;):unsure:

Look at where they are, every region / country can have different tractors ( yes they can be the same letters and numbers and be different) that we are used to seeing or hearing about.

Kubota has gotten into the bad habit of repeating numbers witch gets real confusing.

L XX01 and LXX02 used to only be older grey market tractors.
L2500 can be real old or newer old.
B7001 can be a B7001 or a B7100
A BX23 has 2 versions (BX23D and BX23S) that are completely different.
Kubota EU now has L1 units, L1's were always old Grey market tractors.

There are thousands of various oddities.

While there are some tractors that are the same across different models most are not.
One example, Telling someone that well a L2500 is close to L2501 so they should have the same wiring simply is not even close to true, there is a 20 year difference between the them.

I know we all try the best to help everyone we can, but don't discount the possibility you might be blowing smoke without even knowing it. 🤪

Some days you're being chased by the wolves,:eek:
Some days you're running with the pack!:D

Attachments

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
He never said move it around by hand lol. I understood it as try driving it not try and grab a handful. Not a bad reminder to folks though. Guess ya never know what someone will do these days. Maybe time to bring back the triangle block fits in the triangle hole toy again.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I must speak up about this. "Run it and try moving around" implies that one should grab shaft with hands while tractor is running.Don't do it!
If your going to quote me do it properly and don't reword it to suit your agenda!

Run it and try and move around, if it's not turning or turning very slow, then it's 100% a bad clutch:
Replace the pilot bushing clutch disk, pressure plate and throw-out bearing while your in there.
I'm pretty sure that anyone with half a brain could tell I meant move the TRACTOR around!

But let me spell it out for the cheap seats.

Remove the cover
DON'T TOUCH IT, don't think about touching it, don't talk about touching it, don't get some else to touch it.
Bonus points for the one who can tell me the movie and who said the above quote.
Run it and try and move THE TRACTOR around, if the propeller shaft (that your not touching) is not turning or turning very slow, then it's 100% a bad clutch:

Just to be clear, and to keep Jaxs happy and satisfied that he got one on me. DO NOT TOUCH THE PROPELLER SHAFT, Because Jaxs is afraid of you ripping your arm off.

And yes I'm a little offended at Jaxs calling me out again!
And yes I can bold things and yell too!

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Nobody will read it and think let’s try moving it by hand with it running.

Walk the line Jerry Lee Lewis
Love me some apples

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I don't believe warning stickers on tractors mean some owners have half brains so therefore need warning. Warning to not touch shaft in question also doesn't mean only people with half brains might touch it. Lighten up,there's no call for taking a warning as an insult to anyone's intelligence.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't believe warning stickers on tractors mean some owners have half brains so therefore need warning. Warning to not touch shaft in question also doesn't mean only people with half brains might touch it. Lighten up,there's no call for taking a warning as an insult to anyone's intelligence.
Me lighten up, Nope not a chance.
WARNING: Ticking off the moderator of a forum is not the smartest thing to do!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I must speak up about this. "Run it and try moving around" implies that one should grab shaft with hands while tractor is running.Don't do it!
Dude - not sure what you have been drinking or smoking - but AT NO TIME did ANYONE mention that someone should GRAB (the word you used) the SPINNING or non SPINNING shaft.

Your understanding of the printed vernacular lacking a bit to be understood!

Boothdoc

Equipment
B7200 with loader
Nov 12, 2019
New Windsor, Md
Well, some of this is rather interesting. I didn’t expect Orange tractors Talks to be so “lively”. Lmao.
Thanks for the explanations of how the system works because I never thought of it as a regular clutch system and Also a hydrostatic drive system.