B7100 Radiator Buying

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I'm in need of a new radiator for my old b7100 gear drive. I've seen them between $300 and $600 and not sure where I should get it from. That's a huge price difference and I'm not sure why. My biggest question is will a new radiator have the studs/slots to mount the original mesh screen to the front of the radiator? Also, one on eBay has a note says it has a metal tank? Probably why it is $200 less than others? I read a few post on here but it seems everyone had theirs repaired. Seeing that mine is almost 40 years old and the fins are beat up I'll get a new one. This is probably a question for the supplier but I'm sure someone out there has been through this.

Last edited:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I can't be of much help. However I do know that some B7100's had water pumps (European models I think) and most US B7100's do not have water pumps. The tractors without water pumps use a larger radiator hose so you need a radiator with a bigger diameter inlet and outlet. So if you decide to buy new double check the dimensions of inlet and outlet with your old radiator. That said I would look into getting yours re-cored at a radiator shop. It will give you new fins and tubes but keep your existing top and bottom tank.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Thanks for the reply. Seeing that I would get new fins I'll look into getting it repaired. It seems to be leaking from the top tank which I believe is brass so they should be able to braze the leak. Anyone else who has purchased a new radiator let me know where you got it from and if it is of any quality.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was in a helluva jam last fall when my radiation sprung a leak on me in a customers yard. I tried to get mine fixed at a local radiator repair shop and the guy with 30 years experiance couldnt fix it. So.I had no choice but to order from the dealer for $500 and overnite shipment.

Even tried to have my radiator guy try to locate an aftermarket core and just swap everything over and no luck there either.

Paying out the ass sucks but something like a radiator isnt something Id go cheap on. You get what you pay for.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I was in a helluva jam last fall when my radiation sprung a leak on me in a customers yard. I tried to get mine fixed at a local radiator repair shop and the guy with 30 years experiance couldnt fix it. So.I had no choice but to order from the dealer for $500 and overnite shipment.

Even tried to have my radiator guy try to locate an aftermarket core and just swap everything over and no luck there either.

Paying out the ass sucks but something like a radiator isnt something Id go cheap on. You get what you pay for.

Very good point. I have the same mentality of getting what you pay for. There is only one radiator shop near me and I haven't contacted them yet. It seems to me that radiator repair shops are almost extinct. Like I said before the radiator is almost 40 years old so I think it's time for a new one. Thanks for your input!

OldeEnglish

Equipment
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Thanks for leed! I think ill opt for a radiator with brass tanks seeing that is what the stock one is. The wifes outback goes in for a brake job and tires tomorrow so little orange will have to wait a few weeks.