B7100 - new guy here.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
I replaced the injectors in mine for $267, OEM Kubota injectors. Make sure if you go that route you get the 3 copper crush washers, as they do not come with the injectors. I agree with the others, pulling the head and having a look would probably be beneficial. A few new gaskets and piece of mind will go a long way once you put her to work. I must reiterate, you scored a whale of a deal. Color me green. If you happen across another, with the loader, please let me know.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Not really understanding why you need to remove the valve cover to remove the injectors, and how not having it off would affect the injector removal??? :confused:

a cylinder full of oil is a bad thing, I'm betting it's filled with water and oil on top of that.

You might as well just start pulling the head, because if it's full of water it ain't going to break free.

Oregon fuel injectors for the injectors, any you find on line are going to be sub par!

So if it isn’t going to break free I am looking at a rebuild then ?

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
I replaced the injectors in mine for $267, OEM Kubota injectors. Make sure if you go that route you get the 3 copper crush washers, as they do not come with the injectors. I agree with the others, pulling the head and having a look would probably be beneficial. A few new gaskets and piece of mind will go a long way once you put her to work. I must reiterate, you scored a whale of a deal. Color me green. If you happen across another, with the loader, please let me know.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I have been trying to get this one for years and finally talked her in to it. Maybe I know why now with the issues. Still happy with it of course but sure would like to be able to use it soon !

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So the little barb fittings on the top half of injectors was hitting the valve cover. I didn’t realize it and kept turning it and broke that off.
Ok now I got it, that's the overflow tube, yea you were supposed to remove the top nut and remove that before you pull the injectors.

And that isn't part of a new injector set, that's a separate part, that isn't easy to find.

Was it the one with a single or a twin outlet?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Go to Kubotabooks.com and download the three part WSM (aka service manual) for the tractor. ;)

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Update.

Have had it soaking for a few days now. Only way I have to try it is by rocking it. I can’t get to front crank or flywheel without removing majority of FEL components and would prefer that to be a last resort. Nothing has changed. I loosened the bolts on exhaust manifold and got a lot of water pouring out followed by thicker oily liquid. I have left it cracked open to drain. I cannot get any solution down the pipe due to the angle of th exhaust pipe. Should I remove completely?

Is there any harm in using the starter to see if it will budge ? I can’t help but feel like something is engaged and that could be why rocking it seems to not be doing anything. The rear PTO is suspect to me , seems like maybe N isn’t really N. I have been told that rocking it is a stronger start than using the starter so I was thinking why not just use the starter ? I could engage clutch and bypass if ther is something in gear correct? I can have my pops come over and try to pull it and dump the clutch if that’s a better option ?

Any feedback appreciated.

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Also , if I am for sure looking at a rebuild does anyone have any recommendations in the NE Oklahoma Region ? It isn’t something I am comfortable attempting.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you think the PTO isn't out of gear, you need to figure out how you can turn the splined shaft without buggering it up. Do you have an old PTO shaft that fits on the tractor? Open up a pipe wrench wide enough to put some wood on the shaft to protect it?

If it is actually locked in gear the engine should turn with it, if the clutch is not disengaging it.

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
If you think the PTO isn't out of gear, you need to figure out how you can turn the splined shaft without buggering it up. Do you have an old PTO shaft that fits on the tractor? Open up a pipe wrench wide enough to put some wood on the shaft to protect it?

If it is actually locked in gear the engine should turn with it, if the clutch is not disengaging it.
It spins freely by hand now so I am sure it is in neutral.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Now wait a minute. You got yourself a project tractor, and now you're wanting to pass the project off to someone else! You have to start somewhere, and where you are at right now is the best place to start.

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time!! Get some metric wrenches at Harbor Freight and get busy. Take pictures before you remove anything, including wiring. Take a piece of cardboard and make a sketch of the head as you look down at it. Put an X where every head bolt is. Put a hole in the cardboard with a screwdriver and insert each bolt in the appropriate hole as you remove it. Do this for everything you remove. Then when you are ready to put it back together you know where all the parts go.

You can ask specific questions and there are many folks here to give you answers. You don't have to wait days for a reply. When you're done you'll have a new appreciation of your tractor, but more importantly, a new appreciation of you own ability to solve problems!!!

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Now wait a minute. You got yourself a project tractor, and now you're wanting to pass the project off to someone else! You have to start somewhere, and where you are at right now is the best place to start.

One bite at a time!! Get some metric wrenches at Harbor Freight and get busy. Take pictures before you remove anything, including wiring. Take a piece of cardboard and make a sketch of the head as you look down at it. Put an X where every head bolt is. Put a hole in the cardboard with a screwdriver and insert each bolt in the appropriate hole as you remove it. Do this for everything you remove. Then when you are ready to put it back together you know where all the parts go.

You can ask specific questions and there are many folks here to give you answers. You don't have to wait days for a reply. When you're done you'll have a new appreciation of your tractor, but more importantly, a new appreciation of you own ability to solve problems!!!
I know your right , and I would love to do it myself. I really didn’t think I would be looking at rebuilding an engine. It’s more of a time issues for me. I don’t slow down until fall with my regular job and that’s when I really need the little tractor to get started on cutting some timber.

Ok , ok , you have guilted me into doing it. I will stop whining and get to work....

What about trying to turn it using the starter, is that ok to do ?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

mykidsdadd - - - in D2Cat, you've got one of the many guys here that have taken on the same type of project you're looking at. As the saying goes, he's "been there done that."

'Cat knows what he's talking about, as do many others. I'm not one of them, as much as I've learned from these guys over 6 years here on OTT.

Nobody's going to leave you hanging, and as 'Cat said you will get answers quickly.

You've got $500 tied up into a much more valuable tractor. Do yourself a favor, and take the project on. It's not rocket science, and there are guys here to help.....I've seen them in action for quite a while now.....:cool:

Just my suggestion...:)

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Is there any harm in using the starter to see if it will budge ?
Yes. Starter only turns one way, and exerts a lot of force on things. At this stage, you want to be easing it back and forth, not muscling it in one direction.

I have been told that rocking it is a stronger start than using the starter
Is this a gear drive or HST drive? You can't really turn the engine over by moving the tractor on an HST model.

At this point, if you cannot access the front crank or the flywheel, I think you would be better advised to remove the head. Not only does that give you direct access for the application of your penetrating mixture, but also you can then apply a block of wood to the top of the stuck piston and TAP GENTLY with a mallet to see if it will move. Then tap another piston to move the stuck one the opposite way.

Above all: be patient.

mykidsdadd

Equipment
B7100D
Aug 1, 2019
Claremore, Oklahoma
Ok. You have all talked me into it. I am honestly pretty apprehensive about removing the head but I guess i can’t really do much damage, or nothing irreversible anyway.

It is a gear drive not hydro.