B7100 HST project underway. Rough start...

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
My gut says your right..... those are gear teeth and they are from somewhere in the Tranny so yes...... you have to break it down and look.

With that being said; From what you have spent..... you might can come out ahead by doing final stages of fixing engine...... then sell it and every other sell-able part. You'll have money left for a tractor with less work needed to be done on it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you need to pull the front gear case off of it, not because the crank comes out the front, but because the crank gear and parts will need to be removed. ;)

Chrissy

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 5, 2015
Ventura, California
Well, now I've done it. I opened broke apart the HST pump from the transmission. Pulled the transaxle off the transmission. Looked inside the transmission and found the culprit. The gears which lost some teeth were the PTO gears. The two gears are the ones which swich from high to low for the rear PTO and engage the mid PTO. Easy peasy I figured. I looked them up online - guessing 70 bucks each and hoping I was high. I looked the first one up and nearly fell off my chair. $730. And the other gear? $330. Well, now its getting real. Unlesss someone has a dead HST transmission that they want to part out, I think I am done. It was a fun tear down and everything looked really nice inside the transmission with the exception of these gears. I suppose I could just run it like it is and get a few years out of it. Bummer.

Here is a picture of my $730 gear that needs replacing:

Ugh...

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Don't give up!

If you do, please let me know. I may be interested in acquiring the project from you. I'm located in Tacoma so not too far up the highway.

I would call the places that just have B7100 listed as there is no way to tell if they have an HST model.

I agree with the post above regarding patience. You will find what you need in due time. From what I see, that welding repair work would be fairly easy. If you're not 100% confident in your welding, take it to a shop and have it done. Would be worth money.

Even if you had to spend $1K on the gears, say $250 on the pilot bearing and crank machining, & $250 misc, you're still into it for ~$3500 total. At the end you'll have a really nice tractor and you'll know what you've got. I think one in good shape with a nice loader would be pretty tough to duplicate for that amount of money. Actually, it would be pretty tough to duplicate below $5K I would think.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/di...SN=&CTRY=&ST=&txtStates=&LS=&btnSearch=Search

Last edited: