B7100 HST-D 4wd, drive creep

Equipment
Sold the '94 B7100 HST, bought a 1987 L2250 w/ FEL
Jan 30, 2014
Owings, MD
more often then not - when I "park" (without using parking break) the drive system creeps forward or backwards, depending on the direction of travel I was last in.

stopping it from creeping is a very fine pedal adjustment that often doesnt work.

Any suggestions?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Go to Kubotabooks.com and download the three part service manual (WSM) and it shows how to adjust the neutral holder. ;)

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
more often then not - when I "park" (without using parking break) the drive system creeps forward or backwards, depending on the direction of travel I was last in.

stopping it from creeping is a very fine pedal adjustment that often doesnt work.

Any suggestions?
Ok, it's been a few months since you asked this, but I have found the solution on my own B7100 HST-D. First, make sure the pedal shaft is adequately greased via the zerk on the shaft. If that is not sufficient, then there is an adjustment that is not described in either the WSM or Owner's manual. (and no offense to Wolfman, but for the HST model, you need the HST manual, not the 3 part manual. Find the correct one here).

Remove the cover over the HST filter and you will find a threaded rod with two lock nuts on the starboard side of the filter. That rod is connected to the top of the pedal centering spring. You will need 2 17 mm wrenches and a 10mm wrench.

Lift the rear wheels off the ground with the tractor in 2wd. Loosen the locknut. Hold the rod with the 10mm wrench while tightening down the lower nut to raise the rod and hence apply more tension to the spring, until there is just enough tension to ensure the pedal returns to the centre position reliably every time. Re-tighten the lock nut.

Now, if the tractor develops a tendency to creep in one direction no matter which way you were travelling, there is another adjustment. That one IS documented in the WSM (again, you need the HST version). You can find that on page 211 (of the PDF, it's page S 3-4 on paper) so I won't bother repeating it here. You will need a 12mm socket, a 10" long extension and a long screwdriver to make the adjustment around all the levers and foot board.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
no offense to Wolfman, but for the HST model, you need the HST manual, not the 3 part manual. Find the correct one here).
Page 23 and 24 of the three part manual does show how to adjust the HST pedal neutral holder.

But the newer manual probably does show and explain it better. :)

FYI: The Newer manual was not available when I first replied to this, it was uploaded on his site on July 16 2016. ;)

Note: Pointing out my mistakes or a better way of doing things does not ever offend me, getting the right / best info is always the key! :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Page 23 and 24 of the three part manual does show how to adjust the HST pedal neutral holder.

FYI: The Newer manual was not available when I first replied to this, it was uploaded on his site on July 16 2016. ;)

Note: Pointing out my mistakes or a better way of doing things does not ever offend me, getting the right / best info is always the key! :D
I am glad that "new" manual was uploaded, that is by far a "better" overall wsm - all the pictures are crystal clear too. If anything - might be TOO much info!:D:D:)

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

I may have gotten two manuals confused -- the 3 part is the I&T aftermarket condensed service manual? It does touch on some HST stuff, but then, it really only touches on any stuff. Better than nothing, but missing a lot of details.

Edit: just looked at the I&T and it does show the second adjustment on page 23, but the drawing differs from mine -- no adjustment rod for the return spring. Error, or different year? Mine is a 94 model.

I meant no disrespect, and should have worded that a little differently. I know you could not have sent him to the HST WSM when this question was originally asked. When I was hunting for the WSM, I found the I&T and also a Kubota WSM on-line that went into better detail -- but only covered the geared version of the B7100. Dissatisfied, I bought the proper WSM that covers the HST, scanned it, added all the bookmarks and sent it to Kubotabooks.

Reactions: 1 user