B6200HSTD newbie needs tire help

stoutakubota

Equipment
B6200HSTD
Jul 11, 2016
Ontario Canada
Hi All

I am new to this forum and to the world of tractors and even ride on lawnmowers. Just purchased a Kubota B6200HSTD in good condition except for the tires.

Been lurking on this forum, think i have read every tire thread just about and searched all over the web for tires. Now i am more confused and tired lol than anything else.

Have also just been to the local Kubota dealer to find out that the tire sizes for my tractor are essentially obsolete both front and rear.

Sizes for this version according to manual are

20.5 x 8.00 -10 for front and 29x12-15 for rear that is for turf tires.
I note that Firestone does make the rear tire but for a price of around $332US in Canadian thats around $431 before our 13% tax.

I have noted that Carlisle make a 29x12.5 -15 but given the version of tractor i have is 4x4 i am unsure if its going to cause issues with the 4x4 drive.

I have a few questions i was wondering if anyone here could answer.

Is there another source for the 29x12-15 tire.

Is it at all possible and has anyone put a set of new R4 tires on in place of turfs on a B6200HSTD.

If so what size R4's did you use on front and then rear to ensure the drive ratio front to rear is kept within the specification. Can anyone tell me what that specification is. I have both parts list manual and service manual and have not been able to find anything stating it. I presume it can be derived from the orginal tire specification but have not been able to find specs on the original tires since Bridgestone i gather was sold to Firestone. Most tire specs i come across are pretty vague when it comes to the kind of info i have seen in other threads is required to work out this ratio.

My thoughts are rather to invest in new rims and new tires and be done with putting this tractor into 2016 at least as far as tires are concerned.

I now realize after all my research why the tractor was for sale :( , current tires are completely done. Guess that will teach me to assume i would be able to find tires. Should have done my research first. They must be the original because they Bridgestones at the correct sizes with 6 hole rim bolt pattern.

I have ordered a bunch of parts in the US to sort out a leaking seal on the right rear axle and plan on giving the tractor a full service including radiator hoses (which look original too still have cloth on them) but would like to resolve the wheels and tires before i start since i am going to be removing the rear wheel at a minimum to fix the seal issue.

Any help appreciated. I have found the alternative tire for the front but that would be a "trailer tire" and although affordable I am thinking i would be better off investing in a new set of rims and tires and moving to R4.

Thanks Rob

stoutakubota

Equipment
B6200HSTD
Jul 11, 2016
Ontario Canada
Thank you for the links, my issue is the Carlisle is 29x12.5 ...not 29x12 which is the original spec. How does that extra .5 inch width playout in affecting true rolling circumference. ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is not enough difference in RC of the two to cause an issue.
You should be able that combination without any issues. ;)

stoutakubota

Equipment
B6200HSTD
Jul 11, 2016
Ontario Canada
Thanks again, as a result of size change, i managed to find a local tire shop that can get me the Carlisle tire for $256 CDN and will including fitting them.

I would still like to explore if there is a set of R4 tires that would fit this tractor. The tread would have dual purpose for me for future use of the tractor.

So does anyone have R4s on a B6200 hstd is so would you share the sizes you used. Thanks.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
This kind of blows me away, Service Dept Vic in Canada has a "sticky" post on the top saying "now in stock 205-800-10 tires". It's the very first thing that anyone sees when they come into this section of the forum!!! WTH?

Okay enough on that. First off the rolling circumference of the 20.5x8-10
Bridgestone is 61 inches. The Firestone 21x800-10 is also 61 inches and both tires were sold OE on many different brands of tractors similar so it's caused
all kinds of people grief and aggravation coming with replacements. Other than Vic I wouldn't have a clue who else has a tire in Canada or anywhere else currently in the turf design.
I'm waiting for a response from a dealer that recently bought a pair of turfs and mounted them now waiting for their customer to call them back with the actual measured rolling circumference to see if they work out to be within the 2% tolerance. This has been an ongoing battle I've fought for years to come up with a suitable replacement.

I don't have the RC specs in front of me at the moment but know from past
experience that the 29x12.50-15 Carlisle turf is within tolerance RC wise of the 29x1200-15 Firestone turf. Price wise you'll pay half for the Carlisle now
and the Firestone Turf & Field has recently been discontinued so that like the
fronts will be rare to find. Titan also makes a 29x12.50-15 turf and they might
also produce it in the Goodyear brand. Te difference in the 29x1200 versus the 29x12.50 is one half inch in overall width only and mounted is still within
the 2% tolerance size wise.

FYI: Bridgestone bought out Firestone in 1989 and Titan bought out Goodyear
farm tires only just a few years ago.
Al

themayor

Equipment
L2350
Aug 10, 2021
Bridgman, MI
Hi All

I am new to this forum and to the world of tractors and even ride on lawnmowers. Just purchased a Kubota B6200HSTD in good condition except for the tires.

Been lurking on this forum, think i have read every tire thread just about and searched all over the web for tires. Now i am more confused and tired lol than anything else.

Have also just been to the local Kubota dealer to find out that the tire sizes for my tractor are essentially obsolete both front and rear.

Sizes for this version according to manual are

20.5 x 8.00 -10 for front and 29x12-15 for rear that is for turf tires.
I note that Firestone does make the rear tire but for a price of around $332US in Canadian thats around $431 before our 13% tax.

I have noted that Carlisle make a 29x12.5 -15 but given the version of tractor i have is 4x4 i am unsure if its going to cause issues with the 4x4 drive.

I have a few questions i was wondering if anyone here could answer.

Is there another source for the 29x12-15 tire.

Is it at all possible and has anyone put a set of new R4 tires on in place of turfs on a B6200HSTD.

If so what size R4's did you use on front and then rear to ensure the drive ratio front to rear is kept within the specification. Can anyone tell me what that specification is. I have both parts list manual and service manual and have not been able to find anything stating it. I presume it can be derived from the orginal tire specification but have not been able to find specs on the original tires since Bridgestone i gather was sold to Firestone. Most tire specs i come across are pretty vague when it comes to the kind of info i have seen in other threads is required to work out this ratio.

My thoughts are rather to invest in new rims and new tires and be done with putting this tractor into 2016 at least as far as tires are concerned.

I now realize after all my research why the tractor was for sale :( , current tires are completely done. Guess that will teach me to assume i would be able to find tires. Should have done my research first. They must be the original because they Bridgestones at the correct sizes with 6 hole rim bolt pattern.

I have ordered a bunch of parts in the US to sort out a leaking seal on the right rear axle and plan on giving the tractor a full service including radiator hoses (which look original too still have cloth on them) but would like to resolve the wheels and tires before i start since i am going to be removing the rear wheel at a minimum to fix the seal issue.

Any help appreciated. I have found the alternative tire for the front but that would be a "trailer tire" and although affordable I am thinking i would be better off investing in a new set of rims and tires and moving to R4.

Thanks Rob
Currently there is a pair on steel wheels up for auction on Miedema's Orbitbid that ends today. Current bid is $15.00 for the pair that look new.