b6200d rops

Buford T

Aug 20, 2014
Pickering Ontario
Hi
I bought a b6200d with turf tires this summer. It does not have a rops. Has anyone bought one from Kubota and installed it, how high is it and how tough are they to install?

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
From what i've heard the price is really reasonable for them. Looked at some on other equipment and it looked like it was just removing some bolts, and reinstalling the rops with the bolts that come with it. I have a gray market, so I couldn't go through kubota, so when I order mine, it's gonna cost substantially higher. :(

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
B6200's are program tractors so they are very reasonable.
And they are easy to install!

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I have a gray market, so I couldn't go through kubota, so when I order mine, it's gonna cost substantially higher. :(
If your's is close to a US model then Get ROP's for that model thru Kubota. May take little to no fabrication to make it fit.

Maybe someone here with US version of your tractor will order it for you if needed?

A 4x4 shop could probably bend you up one. Might even can find a local rockcrawler 4wd club that can point to a member that has a tube bender that can make you one too. You'll have no legal protection (able to sue a manufacture) but it still could well save your Arse and Knoggin.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If your's is close to a US model then Get ROP's for that model thru Kubota. May take little to no fabrication to make it fit.

Maybe someone here with US version of your tractor will order it for you if needed?
Coachgeo, I think you're confused,
Buford T has a non grey/gray market Kubota so no problem getting a ROPS for it, he can go to a Kubota dealer and order one at a reduced price because it's a program tractor.
Daren on the other hand has a Grey/gray market tractor, and you can't just order one from Kubota for a grey/gray, and you can't order a ROPS for a legal unit, they require you to supply a serial# for the tractor it will be going on, not easy to fake.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi
I bought a b6200d with turf tires this summer. It does not have a rops. Has anyone bought one from Kubota and installed it, how high is it and how tough are they to install?
Brian

Buying them from Kubota is not bad :)
Putting it on the machine not bad.... :)

paying for SHIPPING from Kubota ............

Outrageous !:(

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

A 4x4 shop could probably bend you up one. Might even can find a local rockcrawler 4wd club that can point to a member that has a tube bender that can make you one too. You'll have no legal protection (able to sue a manufacture) but it still could well save your Arse and Knoggin.
What wolfman said ;) I tried before joining site, got stalled with the serial number:p also doesn't help that the parts guys daughter at kubota happend to be my grand kids sitter, and is engaged to my neighbors kid :rolleyes: not looking to get the dude in trouble, plus ya never know when he's gonna show up on my door step. The other bota dealer in the area is a bunch of pr$$$$, and I refuse to give them one cent. Been checking for used ones and on the waiting lists at all the salvage yards. Salvage yards keep getting in altered or wrecked ones that they can't legally sell. Best bet so far is purchasing one from a company that specializes in rops for grey markets for about 1000$ including shipping. :(

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Buying them from Kubota is not bad
Putting it on the machine not bad....

Outrageous !
Amen brother!

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
What wolfman said ;) I tried before joining site, got stalled with the serial number:p also doesn't help that the parts guys daughter at kubota happend to be my grand kids sitter, and is engaged to my neighbors kid :rolleyes: not looking to get the dude in trouble, plus ya never know when he's gonna show up on my door step. The other bota dealer in the area is a bunch of pr$$$$, and I refuse to give them one cent. Been checking for used ones and on the waiting lists at all the salvage yards. Salvage yards keep getting in altered or wrecked ones that they can't legally sell. Best bet so far is purchasing one from a company that specializes in rops for grey markets for about 1000$ including shipping. :(
It's not that complicated to make a ROP. Guys build their own Buggy's and 4x4's all the time and they beat the shiat out of them. Not talking hillbilly builds. There is plenty with CAD operated benders in their home garage.

So still suggest you poke around local off road clubs to see who as a bender that may be willing to make you something that will save your noggin and pocket. It's the legal protection that manufacture keep which cost $$$$ and is passed onto you. Kubota works in opposite direction from what I've read. They sell them at reasonable price for their legal protection. They figure they will get sued less often by selling ROPS at cost or bellow; which saves them money.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Buying them from Kubota is not bad :)
Putting it on the machine not bad.... :)

Outrageous !:(
Most dealers don't charge for ROPS program deals, At least the one up here doesn't.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It's not that complicated to make a ROP. Guys build their own Buggy's and 4x4's all the time and they beat the shiat out of them. Not talking hillbilly builds. There is plenty with CAD operated benders in their home garage.

So still suggest you poke around local off road clubs to see who as a bender that may be willing to make you something that will save your noggin and pocket. It's the legal protection that manufacture keep which cost $$$$ and is passed onto you. Kubota works in opposite direction from what I've read. They sell them at reasonable price for their legal protection. They figure they will get sued less often by selling ROPS at cost or bellow; which saves them money.
If it was just me, then I wouldn't even worry about getting a rops for it. But, I got two grand kiddos (6 and 8) that are already bugging the shyte out of me to teach them how to drive it. The little one can't even reach the pedals yet. The older one will be learning to drive it when he's able to work and understand the concept of a clutch. Probably be in two years. Not gonna have something built by joe redneck down the road or the wino from the local fab shop and put those two boys lives at risk. What would I tell my son or daughter in law if something were to happen and have a weld fail?
It will be either after market with the proper ul certification or a stock rops off an l175/l185 or same size and design off an older b series if the bolt pattern is the same. Not something thats fabbed and never proven or certified

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
If it was just me, then I wouldn't even worry about getting a rops for it. But, I got two grand kiddos (6 and 8) that are already bugging the shyte out of me to teach them how to drive it. The little one can't even reach the pedals yet. The older one will be learning to drive it when he's able to work and understand the concept of a clutch. Probably be in two years. Not gonna have something built by joe redneck down the road or the wino from the local fab shop and put those two boys lives at risk. What would I tell my son or daughter in law if something were to happen and have a weld fail?
It will be either after market with the proper ul certification or a stock rops off an l175/l185 or same size and design off an older b series if the bolt pattern is the same. Not something thats fabbed and never proven or certified
While I understand your thinking..... just keep in mind there are many many many amazing buggies and modified 4x4's out there carting around members of their families on difficult trails that have rolled and flopped without injury and the builder of the rig loves their kids and grand kids just as much as you which is why their roll cages are made sure to be up to the task. Their is definitely hillbilly builds you should not associate with..... then their are others who are highly intelligent who just love offroading too...... doctors, engineers, those who design factory/aftermarket ROPS, and others in science fields. These guys pass on their knowledge to those who started out as hillbilly builders who have a desire to do better. Offroaders in general are not sum dumb lot of idiot hillbilly's. The hillbilly is actually an exception to the rule. Been there.... bent that :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
While I understand your thinking..... just keep in mind there are many many many amazing buggies and modified 4x4's out there carting around members of their families on difficult trails that have rolled and flopped without injury and the builder of the rig loves their kids and grand kids just as much as you which is why their roll cages are made sure to be up to the task. Their is definitely hillbilly builds you should not associate with..... then their are others who are highly intelligent who just love offroading too...... doctors, engineers, those who design factory/aftermarket ROPS, and others in science fields. These guys pass on their knowledge to those who started out as hillbilly builders who have a desire to do better. Offroaders in general are not sum dumb lot of idiot hillbilly's. The hillbilly is actually an exception to the rule. Been there.... bent that :D
I agree, there are some really good builders out there. Just not gonna take the chance on it ;) And i know the local fabricators :rolleyes: I trust them for repairs, but not with anything that could potentially save your life :eek:
And of course teaching the kiddos how to properly operate something when they are big enough will help too. It's better to teach them, then have them snag the keys and get in a world of hurt. Hell, my brother has to disconnect the battery on my dads tractor if he brings it over to the house. My 4 yo nephew showed my brother how to start it one day :eek: little bugger held the steering wheel to support himself while he stood on the clutch, turned the key and hit the starter button. Course my brother made sure it was in neutral and the brake was set before he let him do it. It's amazing what those little buggers pick up

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Check with your dealer about the cost. American Farm Bureau and the Cooperative Extension has been running a program for several years now in conjunction with many of the major tractor manufacturers and dealers, to offer low cost ROPS. The idea is to retrofit older tractors to make them safer to use and prevent injuries and death. They also run a similar program for PTO shaft shields to help prevent accidental entanglement and death.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I sent an email to a kubota dealer today..... replied $450 uninstalled :(
That sounds high, like full price high, go to Kubota.com and go to bottom of page to support then to safety then to the middle tab and fill out the form, and see what answer you get from them. ;)

Buford T

Aug 20, 2014
Pickering Ontario
I sent them the link with my first email. The kubota web site lists my rops for $148 us. dealer quoted me $450 cdn. i know our dollar is down, but wtf ????
i'll have to drop in dealership one of these days and see whats going on.