B3300SU 3pt hitch is junk!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I find it really hard to believe that the three point and PTO on a B3300SU and a PHD are all Junk.:rolleyes:

Show us a picture or better yet a video and I bet someone on here can tell you exactly what the problem is.;)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
What BRAND and MODEL post hole digger are you using? What size auger are you using? You refer to it as "big boy toy" but don't tell us the specifics about it.
Also have you checked the shear bolt yet? You should remove the bolt and make sure the shaft will spin freely in the yoke and not stuck or seized so the bolt won't shear off of an object is hit. I have a B2920 that I bought this past winter and a used Landpride PH15 that I bought used. It has an 8" auger and I have drilled many holes. My land is extremely bony to the point you can't stick a shovel in the ground without hitting one. I have had no problem with it being more than the tractor can handle. If it hits rocks that won't move, the shear bolt breaks just like it should. After replacing it I just move over a little bit and try again. If the tractor is not what thought it was, or is not able to do what you want, then you should go back to the sales person and sales manager, and tell them. Have them seem what they can do to correct the situation. I suspect if they are like most dealerships, they are going to want a happy costumer. Most dealers around here will do what it takes to rectify a problem with a new piece of equipment.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Just curious what RPM you had that thing going at? The only way that I know of to end up with the result you did was to have the throttle balls to the wall and take too big of a bite. I take it you were not on the tractor either??

I'm willing to bet several if not all of the following conditions were present...
- Too High of RPM
- Operator not present on machine / watching PH
- Incorrect shear bolt
- Attempt to dig hole w/ out backing out bit to clean off dirt (especially in the case of soil w/ high clay content and moisture)
- Drop rate of 3pt set too fast allowing bit to thread into earth instead of strip it out.

Whether you're wiling to admit the previous conditions existed.....I'm sure most of you who've used a 3pt PHD can clearly see what has occurred here taking into account the user-stated conditions. :rolleyes:

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Well got the tractor back, they replaced the arms. They said they couldnt find anything wrong.....so nothing accomplished. I guess I will only be making 2 1/2 deep holes, anything past that and Im stuck! Well guessing I should of bought a bigger tractor this one can't do what I bought it for. Im SOL!
Maybe answer these questions and get some help from these guys.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I'm new to Kubota and certainly don't know anything about your tractor. But back in the early 90s I had a worn old 50ish Ferguson used hard for decades (with very little PM) before I got it. It was about the size of an 8N, probably 20 HP when it was new, and it ran a 12" auger in Alabama Red Clay just fine, if it was at least a little damp so you could get it to actually bite (otherwise it might as well be concrete, or caliche). With Kubota's reputation and your considerably larger tractor, plus your lack of experience (no disrespect, just a fact you stated yourself), I have to think there must be some problem with user application. I'm not likely to be much help, but I also think that if you work with the guys here you'll find your tractor easily up to the task you are attempting.

greenegg

Equipment
B3330
Sep 8, 2013
Indiana
Well Kubota paid to replace the bent bars on the tractor. Said the hydrolic lift is testing fine. We don't agree. Well our tractor still can dig a hole cause my 9" auger bit is now 4ft under. We had to shear the pin off of it to get it out of the last hole it got stuck in. I have about 30 more holes to dig but my friend said he'll bring his john deere over and dig them for us. I still think we got a lemon cause its going back to the shop asap now for a broken throttle cable.

For the guy asking about the auger it was the one sold at TSC - County Line and im assuming the bit was the same brand.

Last edited: