B2650HSDC Recall Notice

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Just received a recall notice from my dealer in the mail today. It’s dated 12/01/22. Seems unusual for a dealer to send a recall and not the manufacturer. Also doesn’t address me by name but To whom it may concern. It starts out referring to an open recall on my Kubota SLV-65 2HFWC. Which I believe is a skid steer right? Then goes on the say that the B2650HSDC and the backhoe mount BH4973, which I have both, when used together causes interference with a hydraulic pipe, and that I should call a specific person at a specific number. I checked my dealer number, the area code matches, but the prefix is not the same as my dealers. I called, and was directed to leave a message, I did not.

The dealer is now closed, but I will call my dealer directly on Monday to get clarification on this recall. Just wondering if anyone else has received a notification of a recall on their B2650HSDC for this problem?

Since I’m now in snow removal mode, my backhoe is stored for the winter and would not cause any problems with said recall, but it will be interesting to see what if any problem there is, as I been using them together for over three years and never had any problems that I’m aware of.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Doesn’t smell quite right to me…but I don’t really know. I would not offer up any personal info unless to your dealer. You can also contact Kubota or check their site…

Reactions: 1 user

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I did check the Kubota website and didn’t see any recalls for the B2650HSDC, I’ll update my post after I speak with my dealer.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I have no experience with recall/warranty with orange tractors, so I don’t know what is correct….but with other products and manufactures, the letters typically come from manufacturer giving instructions about go to a local dealer. The purchase would normally be registered to the customer not the were purchased. But as I mentioned I don’t really know for orange tractors.

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I also have a recall on my Polaris ATV. I received the first recall letter about a month ago, from Polaris Manufacturing. Not the dealer. I had received a second letter for the same recall to contact my dealer as they now have a remedy for the problem that will be done by the dealer. Both letters came from the Manufacturer, not the dealer.

I’m not sure how I could be scammed with such a recall, but I’m glad I didn’t give any personal info to the voicemail when I called the number provided. The only thing that is consistent is that when the original loan was taken out on the tractor, my wife’s name was the first name entered on the paperwork, and that how the letter was addressed to us when mailed, her name first. Seems if they had that right, it’s probably not a scam.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
MSC-2022-007: B-Series; Hydraulic Pipe Interference with Backhoe Frame
Document ID CA434
Status Published
Published Date 06/16/2022

Title
MSC-2022-007: B-Series; Hydraulic Pipe Interference with Backhoe Frame
Description
This Campaign describes preventative repairs/modifications which must be performed whether a failure has occurred or not. Complete all eligible units as soon as possible, always prior to retail, and whenever they are in the shop for maintenance or repair. Please contact your customers to arrange for timely repair of retailed units.
Product Line
B-Series
Models
B2650, B3350, LX2610, and LX3310 (Cab Models Only)
Serial Numbers
No code has to be inserted here.
Issue
When the backhoe mount kit BH4973 is installed on the affected units, PIPE (1) interferes with the backhoe frame (2) as seen below (3).

Solution
When installing a backhoe mount kit BH4973 on these affected units replace original pipe with the below-improved pipe and O-rings per the procedure on page 3 of the attached MSC. (A photo of the backhoe serial plate must be attached to the warranty claim)
Note: If the affected unit does not have a BH4973 installed, submit for “No-Backhoe - Inspect Only”, stating that the BH4973 kit is not installed.

1673136950805.png

Reactions: 2 users

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Thank you Whitetiger, I now know it is a legitimate recall. Now I have to find out how they will be able to install the correct pipe as I have no way to get the tractor to the dealer. I’m over a hundred miles away, and the tractor was delivered to me as part of the purchase agreement. I guess I will find out on Monday.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thank you Whitetiger, I now know it is a legitimate recall. Now I have to find out how they will be able to install the correct pipe as I have no way to get the tractor to the dealer. I’m over a hundred miles away, and the tractor was delivered to me as part of the purchase agreement. I guess I will find out on Monday.
Speak nicely to your dealer and maybe when spring comes they will send a mechanic out to install the fix. My dealer delivered my new tractor, and I only found out about a campaign when I stopped by for something else, and the mechanic happened to look up my model number. When the parts came in they sent the mechanic out to my farm to install. No charge. I was only 40 miles away not 100, but I think they will be reimbursed by Kubota for their time to do yours. Maybe somewhat miserly but something.

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Sheep farmer, that’s some good news. Hopefully me and the dealer can come to the same agreement. I looked up the part number on Messicks, and it’s $130.00, so the worse case scenario is that I have to buy and install myself. It wouldn’t be my preference, but not the end of the world if it comes to that.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
When you call the dealer, see if he has a mechanic 'in your neighbourhood' ,,doing another job ,perhaps an empty trailer going back or maybe they can just send the part to you ?
Kubota sent the overflow cap to me for the BX23S recall, so it can be done.
Question is , since it's a hydraulic line..maybe head office says it MUST be done in the 'shop' ??

Just thinking of options for you.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I had a recall on my tractor less than a year after purchase and I was notified by the dealer and he told me they would pick it up and return it in one or two days, no charge because it was a Kubota recall. Good luck.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Also, had a recall/inspection, and the dealer provided free transportation. Everything was good; in fact, it was better than good. The free transport coincided with my 50 hour service, which the dealer performed for a very reasonable price.

Reactions: 1 users

PRJ0719

Equipment
B2650HSDC, LA534, BH77, B2782B, B2775, B2714C
Dec 5, 2023
Lost River, WV
Sheep farmer, that’s some good news. Hopefully me and the dealer can come to the same agreement. I looked up the part number on Messicks, and it’s $130.00, so the worse case scenario is that I have to buy and install myself. It wouldn’t be my preference, but not the end of the world if it comes to that.
DeepWoods / WhiteTiger -
Just curious if you can sgare how you made out with this recall? I have a B2650HSDC also and just received this same recall notice via certified mail today. I also am about a hour and a half from the nearest dealer and would have to trailer the machine and drop it off for this. Is there an option to get the parts and do this myself or is this beyond the scope of normal garage equipment to perform? It's really going to be n issue this time of your to trailer this up as we approach snow season. Also curious why it took me almost a year and a half to be notified as this came out in June 2022 so far as I can tell. Thanks in advance ... any insight will be most appreciated.

PRJ0719

Equipment
B2650HSDC, LA534, BH77, B2782B, B2775, B2714C
Dec 5, 2023
Lost River, WV
DeepWoods / WhiteTiger -
Just curious if you can sgare how you made out with this recall? I have a B2650HSDC also and just received this same recall notice via certified mail today. I also am about a hour and a half from the nearest dealer and would have to trailer the machine and drop it off for this. Is there an option to get the parts and do this myself or is this beyond the scope of normal garage equipment to perform? It's really going to be n issue this time of your to trailer this up as we approach snow season. Also curious why it took me almost a year and a half to be notified as this came out in June 2022 so far as I can tell. Thanks in advance ... any insight will be most appreciated.
Corrected my poor typing ---- Sorry about that !

DeepWoods / WhiteTiger -
Just curious if you can share how you made out with this recall? I have a B2650HSDC also and just received this same recall notice via certified mail today. I also am about a hour and a half from the nearest dealer and would have to trailer the machine and drop it off for this. Is there an option to get the parts and do this myself or is this beyond the scope of normal garage equipment to perform? It's really going to be an issue this time of year to trailer this up as we approach snow season. Also curious why it took me almost a year and a half to be notified, as this came out in June 2022 so far as I can tell. Thanks in advance ... any insight will be most appreciated.

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Corrected my poor typing ---- Sorry about that !

DeepWoods / WhiteTiger -
Just curious if you can share how you made out with this recall? I have a B2650HSDC also and just received this same recall notice via certified mail today. I also am about a hour and a half from the nearest dealer and would have to trailer the machine and drop it off for this. Is there an option to get the parts and do this myself or is this beyond the scope of normal garage equipment to perform? It's really going to be an issue this time of year to trailer this up as we approach snow season. Also curious why it took me almost a year and a half to be notified, as this came out in June 2022 so far as I can tell. Thanks in advance ... any insight will be most appreciated.
I have had NO contact from my dealer since I last posted on this thread. I was told at the time that they would not provide me with the hydraulic line so that I could replace it myself. That it could only be done at the dealer, and they would do it when they were in the area. Normally I would be upset with this type of response, but I took the time to look at the problem and grind a groove in the subframe that took the pressure off the existing hydraulic line and put a thin piece of rubber between the line and subframe so as to eliminate any wear on the line.

Do I think this is the best answer to the problem, no, but in the big picture I try not to get worked up about these type of issues. The worst that could happen is I can rupture a hydraulic line and loose some fluid. If it were to happen I would bite the bullet and buy and replace the line at my expense. As to why it took so long for you to be notified, only your dealer can answer that question. As far as I know the replacement part is available if ordered from the dealer If you wanted to go that route.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have had NO contact from my dealer since I last posted on this thread. I was told at the time that they would not provide me with the hydraulic line so that I could replace it myself. That it could only be done at the dealer, and they would do it when they were in the area. Normally I would be upset with this type of response, but I took the time to look at the problem and grind a groove in the subframe that took the pressure off the existing hydraulic line and put a thin piece of rubber between the line and subframe so as to eliminate any wear on the line.

Do I think this is the best answer to the problem, no, but in the big picture I try not to get worked up about these type of issues. The worst that could happen is I can rupture a hydraulic line and loose some fluid. If it were to happen I would bite the bullet and buy and replace the line at my expense. As to why it took so long for you to be notified, only your dealer can answer that question. As far as I know the replacement part is available if ordered from the dealer If you wanted to go that route.
While I do have a B2650, I don't have a back hoe, so would not need a recall fix. Whitetiger is a professional tech and so gets the recall info.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Also, had a recall/inspection, and the dealer provided free transportation. Everything was good; in fact, it was better than good. The free transport coincided with my 50 hour service, which the dealer performed for a very reasonable price.
Wow!

My local dealer, about 4 miles away never provides any kind of hauling other than the $135/hr type.

Won't even deliver a new tractor without charging $135/hr from the time that the driver picks up the truck key in the service manager's office until the time that he returns it.

We can thank profit centers for such.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Wow!

My local dealer, about 4 miles away never provides any kind of hauling other than the $135/hr type.

Won't even deliver a new tractor without charging $135/hr from the time that the driver picks up the truck key in the service manager's office until the time that he returns it.

We can thank profit centers for such.
Well, the hauling was free due to the Kubota Recall/Inspection. Otherwise, my dealer charges $3 a mile. I am 20 miles away; a round trip would be $120. Of course at $3 a mile, it is cheaper than the tag and insurance on a trailer (even if it went to the dealer once a year).

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Just got a call today about a recall on my tractor, 2650 with cab. I do NOT have a backhoe, never did.

Tried calling 3 times and only got voicemail, so not sure if this is the same issue or not.

Tractor just turned 5 years and made the last finance payment on it. Quite the coincidence in my mind.