B21 right floor pan removal

joea

Equipment
B21 TLB
Aug 2, 2020
Marbletown NY
Replacing the HST damper. The "neutral centering" seemed a bit "loose" to me, so decided to take a look.

Gotta remove the right floor pan to get a good look. Got the pan "free", by removing a number of bolts, some very reluctant, the brake springs and the parking brake lever.

But . . . I can't get it out. I can move it around but not out. Tried front up, rear up, outside up, inside up, (angle of attack) but it binds up no matter what.

There's gotta be a way, just gotta know the secret. Or do it in the shade instead of full sun.

Any suggestions?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
aint there a nut hidden under the front? From the bottom I think. Don't forget that one if you haven't already found it.

I still find it easier to pull the cluster out, then remove the plastic pedestal. It's kinda in the way.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
FYI: The dampener does not do the centering of the pedal.

joea

Equipment
B21 TLB
Aug 2, 2020
Marbletown NY
aint there a nut hidden under the front? From the bottom I think. Don't forget that one if you haven't already found it.

I still find it easier to pull the cluster out, then remove the plastic pedestal. It's kinda in the way.
There's two along the top front edge.

Never did get it all the way out though. Maybe if I had completely removed the cluster and pedestal, but, maybe next time.

joea

Equipment
B21 TLB
Aug 2, 2020
Marbletown NY
FYI: The dampener does not do the centering of the pedal.
So I found. Seems to work fine, pedal feels different of course, but it goes fwd and rev and stops. Stops a lot less abruptly, which is the purpose I guess.

Weather has been too wet to do much but, so far, so good.

Pretty sure I could have done it all without the floor pan tango.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Someone that I know uses his plasma cutter to remove the obstruction and then welds it back in when he is done. I am not advising this type of plan of attack, but it is one choice for you to make. Good luck, because of the way you describe the problem, you are going to need lots of luck! LOL.

joea

Equipment
B21 TLB
Aug 2, 2020
Marbletown NY
Someone that I know uses his plasma cutter to remove the obstruction and then welds it back in when he is done. I am not advising this type of plan of attack, but it is one choice for you to make. Good luck, because of the way you describe the problem, you are going to need lots of luck! LOL.
That crossed my mind at one point.

But I coated the floor pans with Herculiner a while back, being too cheap to buy the actual "floor mat".

I'd have never been able to scrape enough of that off.