Axle Straps

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I still use the drawbar with a clevis pin. Also I have the cab version so also use the extra pin locations for additional chains. I go way overkill when chaining the tractor down.

Reactions: 1 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Well I went ahead and ordered three sets of tie down brackets from JU FabWorks. That will make putting the L and the B on a trailer much better.

I already had a front set for the L from 5Eleven Designz, which are very nice, but I’d have purchased JU’s had I known about them a couple months ago. I like how JU’s design is a full length plate behind the brush guard vs two separate pieces. Obviously both ways will work fine, but I just like the one piece design better.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
For those with a backhoe, what's your preferred tie-down point on the rear?
There are 2 "built in" tie down points; However, they have too small of an opening for the "hook" part of the chain I bought, so I have a big ole' clevis to connect to it.
1000003571.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Is that a B77 backhoe? Did it come from the factory like that?
Yes and yes.

Maybe its a model year change thing? I dunno.

I added the black shackle.

Last edited:

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
My BH77 D.O.B. of June 2021 does not have those either and that little step does not look strong enough for a chain.

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
Chains over axles is best

I currently tie down my L3800 with heavy duty straps. My D rings aren’t in the best spots so I end up hooking the straps to the staked pockets. It’s a pain. Adding more D rings would be a big improvement but my schedule won’t allow all that now. I recently had the idea of running axle straps through my wheels. This would allow the straps to easily clear the loader and rear implement. Is this a bad idea?

axle straps
Chains over axles is the correct method

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
My BH77 D.O.B. of June 2021 does not have those either and that little step does not look strong enough for a chain.
I've chained to the step many times, but I really probably shouldn't. I could weld something on but I don't particularly want to. I'll find some other system.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Is there a way for me to check it's DOB?

I got mine installed about a year after I got the tractor, so that puts me somewhere in the Dec of 22 to Jan 23.

I'm thinking that it is a new thing.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I have not found a good location on either of mine for straps on the axle. If you have access to the holes in the frame, a clevis pin/shackle might be an option. Some backhoes (bh92 for sure does) has tie down location integrated into its frame.

Attachments

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
My DOB was just a guess as I ordered the BH and tractor together and the dealership wanted me to take take tractor, loader, MMM, tiller, and QH. Waited over a year for the BH and Landplane. Also I strap my tractor down over the tires using tire straps.

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400, BH92, RTV900, ZD326
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
I have not found a good location on either of mine for straps on the axle. If you have access to the holes in the frame, a clevis pin/shackle might be an option. Some backhoes (bh92 for sure does) has tie down location integrated into its frame.
Are you referring to the subframe or the frame of the BH itself?

Critique My Binder Setup - pictures of my BH92 subframe - I see no tie-down locations?

Random BH92 picture from the internet - I see no clear tie-down locations?

H4494.jpg

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

Critique My Binder Setup - pictures of my BH92 subframe - I see no tie-down locations?

View attachment 107209

View attachment 107209
In the previous post, The pic I attached was up front on the frame.

Here is another which shows chaining the BH down. It’s not the correct angle to see and the chains are in the way but maybe you can imagine where there are holes/tie down location on your implement.

Attachments

lownperformance

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Apr 13, 2021
Gaston, SC
lownperformance.com
Hey guys, we are a bit late to the game with our tie-downs, but we published them on our website yesterday! Open to any suggestions you guys may have!
One cohesive part fabricated from 3/8" Steel Plate (A36)
Positioned laterally to ensure you don't lose any ground clearance
Bolts to the existing holes on the L, Grand L, and M (that we are aware of at the moment) series tractors, with extended hardware which we include in the package.

If you guys want to check them out and let us know your thoughts we'd love your feedback.
https://lownperformance.com/products/kubota-tie-down-loops Front.PNG

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Dang it. I misread the thread title...I thought it was about ankle straps. (Wife has been out of town for a bit) Never mind...:LOL:

• Haha