Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Bearbait do you hunt bunnies up there? A brace of beagles like that would lots of fun in the brush piles down this way :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Bearbait do you hunt bunnies up there? A brace of beagles like that would lots of fun in the brush piles down this way :D
Used to be out all the time now the boys are getting and so am I. I have a friend that come up with his dogs hunting yotes, great fun.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A guy down over the hill use to hunt coons, was a lot of fun but he quit , we have to many roads around here and its to easy to have a hound wind up out on the road. And with all the gas drilling going on around here, seems the trucks drivers are the biggest PIAs because they get paid by the trip so they beat feet to get one more run in before they have to call it a day. So, he stopped hunting coons, and the coyotes, well they get hunted at night with calls. And the 22.250 seems to work pretty good out to about 300 yards,, only cause i cant shoot any better :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
A guy down over the hill use to hunt coons, was a lot of fun but he quit , we have to many roads around here and its to easy to have a hound wind up out on the road. And with all the gas drilling going on around here, seems the trucks drivers are the biggest PIAs because they get paid by the trip so they beat feet to get one more run in before they have to call it a day. So, he stopped hunting coons, and the coyotes, well they get hunted at night with calls. And the 22.250 seems to work pretty good out to about 300 yards,, only cause i cant shoot any better :D
Lol, at 300 yards there better be some real big yote's

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
And the 22.250 seems to work pretty good out to about 300 yards,, only cause i cant shoot any better :D
Skeets/Bearbait - .22-250 is/was my woodchuck gun for many years. Remington 700 Varmint Special - 4-12x scope - trigger down to half-pound - Harris bipod. Loaded 36 gr. HMR 4064 - 55 gr. Sierra spritzer - CCI primer.

Best is 11 in a day - 6 in one hay lot - longest 575 yards. (same day, got 1 at 10 yds.)

Don't have many Marmota monax anymore - coyotes grab 'em quick.

Have some pretty good coon and coyote hunters around here.

Last edited:

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I had real good beagle a long time ago, she was a hell of a rabit dog. Wouldn't chase deer, and she had longer legs which made her great in the snow. While running her she would take off and back track towards me to always knowing where I was, but you had to get the downed rabbit before she would or she would eat the damm thing :p. One time my Mother was given 2 pet rabbits and she had the bright idea to let them loose on our land :rolleyes: and never told me. My beagle found them a few hours later when I let he out of the coup and it was a massacre, the rabbits never had a chance. There's nothing like the sound of a hound hot on trail of a rabbit.

My bulldog hates rabbits with a passion and chases them away from the garden in the summer. A few years ago she jumped a rabbit nest with a few bunnies.... She grabbed one with it's head in her mouth, poor thing only screamed for a second before she snapped it's neck. I had to pry her mouth open to get it out, she's a damm savage.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I had a black Lab like that,,,when he needed a bath, he would just disappear

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
This guy makes a bed out of the hay and then lays down on top of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
Came to bed late the other night to find a guy snuggling up next to my wife.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Came to bed late the other night to find a guy snuggling up next to my wife.

Every mirning when i get up, the lab takes my place.

When i lay down at night, she comes for a one minute head scratch before laying down at foot of the bed or on the floor at my side between wall and bed. Trip hazard dog.
Never wants out while making my morning coffee,waits til im sitting down drinking it.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
She really enjoys playing ball :) this was after our nightly play time :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Water is still the best toy :D Figured with the temps being in the 80's today, I should fill up the kiddy pool for them. Someone discovered the water hose :D