Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Humblebub,

I think the strong-willed dogs are just the ones that are smarter than their owners! If only they could talk...:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Humblebub,

I think the strong-willed dogs are just the ones that are smarter than their owners! If only they could talk...:D
I know that Vixen is way smarter than me! ;)
In fact I think all of our kids are smarter than me!:eek:
But that's a good thing!

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

Fernando Llama. He's gone now, but he was a hoot while he was here. Not at all unusual to see him in the mud room checking to see the there were any apples in the bucket. Used to frolick with the lambs and play tag with the dog. I'd laugh until I couldn't stand up watching him go "boinking" across the pasture like Pepe LePew.

Grumpy, my retriever/spaniel mix. She was always VERY happy to see me when I got home from work.

Wife has since developed an allergy to pet hair/dander so we can't keep a pet anymore.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It's not spoiled. As my wife says, he's just well loved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
PHPaul, has your wife tried or considered allergy shots? I used to have numerous and very bad allergies. I saw an allergist and took shots for 2 years. The only allergy that did not respond to the shots, for me, was to cats. The others were either completely eliminated or greatly reduced.

Something to think about. :)

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
PHPaul, has your wife tried or considered allergy shots? I used to have numerous and very bad allergies. I saw an allergist and took shots for 2 years. The only allergy that did not respond to the shots, for me, was to cats. The others were either completely eliminated or greatly reduced.

Something to think about. :)
Not really an option due to her extreme sensitivity to medications in general and the fact that she's personally resistant to taking any med that isn't a matter of life and death.

In other words, not a battle I'm willing to fight...:rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Is that a WHOLE package of red licorice I see:eek::eek:
I think so. It belongs to my wifes friend, and was tagged to her face book account :rolleyes: ours hasn't been that crazy. He did drop a squirrel in my wifes lap a couple weeks ago :D For some reason, my wife didn't appreciate it all that much :rolleyes: oh, did I mention that it was still alive!!:eek: It went from quiet and peaceful, too bat s@@@ crazy in about two seconds flat. At least the squirrel ran back outside into the sun room. I just snatched the dogs, propped the door open outside and let it go on it's way. I have to do an inspection now to make sure it's actually a toy he is carrying before letting him inside :rolleyes:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That reminds me of an incident with our white German Shepherd at our place in the mountains. I was taking a break when Einstein came up & dropped a flat, dried, roadkill squirrel in my lap. I chewed him out, explaining that he should not pick up smelly dead things like that.
About twenty minutes later, he came up & dropped a live squirrel in my lap, and you could almost read in his face "Is this better, Dad?" The squirrel rocketed away, apparently unhurt. I had another heart-to-heart with my boy explaining that we do not pick up squirrels, live or dead, no matter how much fun it is, and he never grabbed another squirrel again.

lakebota

Sep 23, 2013
nor cal
getting ready to prime window trim for paint. got out the necessities, went to mix up the primer, returned, to find the cat had other plans.
our skeeter (rip) loved to bury bones to find them later, sometimes the right consistency of clay soil and moisture resulted in rhino-dawg (zoom in the the nose if necessary).

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
getting ready to prime window trim for paint. got out the necessities, went to mix up the primer, returned, to find the cat had other plans.
our skeeter (rip) loved to bury bones to find them later, sometimes the right consistency of clay soil and moisture resulted in rhino-dawg (zoom in the the nose if necessary).
We have a dachshund that will come in with his hole face muddy :D He'll dig toads and crawdads in the back yard. I need to post a video the next time a crawfish get's the better of him. He'll get really close to the crawfish barking, then the crawfish will reach out and tweak his nose :D This will go on for hours, with the dog getting madder and madder :rolleyes:

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
Somewhere in the archive I have a picture of our first dog "Mellisa P. Mutt" riding on the tractor with me.. She loved it.. Could not start the tractor without her getting in the way and stopping me from moving until I got her up on the tractor.

I'd slide to the very back of the seat and she would sit on it between my legs and arms...

And supervised our work years back when we built our home.. pics attached of her "supervision" of a water line I was digging...

Attachments

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I had a dog like that. His favorite trick was to "help" me when I was working under a vehicle.

He'd wait until I was wedged in place good and proper, then crawl under, give my face a thorough washing and steal a tool on his way out.

He thought that was the greatest game ever. He'd get out from under the vehicle, drop the tool and stand there and wait for me to crawl out and fetch it, and then repeat the whole cycle.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My wife and I have had several debates on who actually trains who when it comes to our dogs :rolleyes: Wife was adamant that we trained the dogs. That was all fine till the dogs cornered her by the treat door (pantry) in the hall way. She didn't even think about it. Looked down, asked them if they wanted something, then opened the door and got them each a cookie :p I had to point it out real fast that they had her trained pretty good :D I then proceeded to get the "look", the middle finger...... and told to "shut the hell up" with her using more colorful language :rolleyes::D:)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here's one of zuess, at about 4 months old with his teddy bear :rolleyes:

Attachments

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
My dad after having hunting dogs, mostly golden retrievers, for years, spent part of his retirement cruising from one good fishing spot to another in an Airstream, and his company was a Dachsie like yours. Named Microbe...in contrast to your big and mighty dog!