She loves flowers, always sniffs them

Ear cleaning time, hates it! You should see the fight she puts up at the vet :p

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Zeus getting my grandson with a little help ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
These aren't recent, but show Oliver, AKA Ollie.

He's a boxer, just turned 4, and probably runs 75 lbs. He's a great guy!:cool:

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
This not a Zeus! :rolleyes:

This is a Zeus! :D

How true :D started out as a joke when we got him, but then the name stuck :rolleyes: he could curl up in the palm of your hand, but acted like he was ten feet tall and bullet proof :) when he was about 6 months old the neighbors German Shepherd went after him. He went through the Shepherds legs and bit the shepherd in the berries :eek: that big ol dog didn't want anything to do with him after that :D

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
MAN! That wolf has got her winter duds on!!! I bet she is shedding like a monster in the heat up there!!! You guys ever shear them in summer? That is the big thing down here. All the dogs look like they are five years younger and in their jammies. It grows back so fast. We have a neighborhood dog that roams around and is part Chow. He looks like her in the winter but this week we saw him and he was five pounds lighter with quarter inch hair. Even though he looks different to us, our dogs recognized him and ran over to greet him.

Strange world these dogs live in!

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
She's not being very silly here. In fact, it took about three tries to get her to stay long enough to take a picture. But here's Freya and my dad's orange tractor. Moving some dirt (sand) from a hole in back to the driveway. Freya is about 8 y/o, as well as her "sister" Maggie (black lab/golden retriever, or as I like to call her, black retriever), not shown. Also not shown, but currently staying with me are Loki, 10y/o yellow lab and nammee (previous owner named her Sue-Nam-Mee or something like that) stupid little pekinese. Man, that little dog and I don't get along.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
MAN! That wolf has got her winter duds on!!! I bet she is shedding like a monster in the heat up there!!! You guys ever shear them in summer?
Ray that is a picture of my Boy Zeus (RIP), he was with me in Phoenix.
That is a picture in my shop in Deer Valley, He was a wooly and newer lost his coat year around, even in the AZ heat you would put you fingers under his coat and he was cool, granted he spent 90% of his time In AC.
When they have coats like that they can take -50f and still be safe! :eek:

Vixen my wolf girl now is much lighter coated.

You can't shave Wolves as they will not grow their hair back, I've seen a few that had been shaved, it's a sad sight!

Here is Vixen:

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well, I think my wife and I have been adopted :rolleyes: had this guy show up Saturday morning. Scared the day lights out of me. Came up behind and goosed me while I was digging for something in the truck :) gave him some scratches, then he walked to the front door and asked to be let inside. I haven't let him inside yet. But he's been letting himself in and out of the back yard. And generally making himself at home. He gets along with the other dogs, so my wife asked if we could keep him. So far we haven't had anyone stop by looking for him.

He won't stay still long enough to get a good picture of him

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"He won't stay still long enough to get a good picture of him."

Daren, you've already demonstrated your photo skills with your splitter, so .... "one excuse is a good as another"!

I think he's a good looking dog. You going to name him "fuzzy"

Trim his toe nails and he won't be scratching everything.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We recused another Wolf Dog a couple weeks ago, Logan, or now affectionately called L B (Logan Berry)
He's a Anatolian Shepherd/ Wolf cross, he's a pretty cool dude!
I didn't think anything about the cross till I mentioned it to sheepfarmer, she said it was really odd that someone would bred a low / no prey drive livestock guard dog to a high prey drive wolf, and she's right not a good cross for a livestock friendly dog.
He does make a great property / person guard dog though! ;)

Here he is out playing with Stevie (Stevie Ray Lightning McQueen) the blind husky (They have become best pals too) they play hard but Logan knows how to not play too hard with the little dudes.

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That was actually my wifes photo skills. You can see the blue from her scrubs in the lower left of the pic :p:rolleyes: He's been coming and going. Saw him the first time saturday. Then saw him again on monday, when he let himself into the back yard. Found him back there just after dark. Didn't see him at all yesterday. Then my wife found him in the back yard this morning. I still need to check the stores and see if there are any fliers up for a missing dog. If I don't find any fliers, I'll run him over to the vets office saturday and see if anyone there recognises him. Course that's if I can get a collar on him. He's nothing but skin and bones, acts like he's starving. Wife and I put food and water out monday, but the food wasn't touched. She gave him a bowl of kibble this morning and he inhaled it.

We both are wondering if someone dumped him off, or moved and left him behind. He's really friendly, seems to have some training, and doesn't seem to mind the weeney dog walking up behind him and biting his ankle. Just pushes him away with his paw.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A vet or a shelter can scan him for a micro chip too, all of ours have them. ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
A vet or a shelter can scan him for a micro chip too, all of ours have them. ;)
I never thought of having him checked for a chip. Not many people get it done around here.

You wouldn't happen to have any idea what breed he is?

I know the pic ain't the best. :rolleyes: I'm thinking german shephard, either bull mastiff or great dane. With some clydesdale mixed in :p I stand 6'1". Was standing up on the the back deck which is about 4" off the ground. He was standing in front of me on the lawn and his head was above my waist :rolleyes:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea with that size I would say Mastiff / Shepherd.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Ok....... crazy pet story.

First... you got to know what the Dump Bump is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IileroGWBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eFgwNerMDA

There are times; Like Easter Jeep Safari, where for HOURSSS different folk will try to climb it. Most fail. Dozens will attempt.

Well there was a time my travels, esp. offroad ones; were all done with Jake my yellow mix lab. Now Jake...... was a bit ripped and big. If he was hunkard down in some weeds and you spied him from corner of your eye..... you would swear a lioness was about to have you for dinner.

Anyway.... he my compatriot in all things; was by my side as I photographed and took notes while standing at about the spot the video above was shot. I'd say I had already done got up the rock facmyself.... but I would be lieing. Was there writing a weeks worth of daily articles for a E-Magazine Rockcrawler .com. (a site no longer around :( ) Jake and I, he would stay by my side pretty much at all times; watched sooooo, so many try to climb it. A storm was brewing in the background. Finaly it was obvious the Ominous Black clouds and lightening were about the end the specticle so all were now walking away. Not sure why I and Jake was still standing in the same spot and not leaving yet ...... but we were. I looked down at Jake who had this strange look on his face. He looked at Dump Bump.... back at me.... and back at the rock face. Off he went.

scratch scratch...... claw. scratch.. I swore his nails were going to rip off as he worked that rock.... like the Yeeps, Yota's... Pro and Amatures who spent last couple hours spinning tires trying to scale that rock. He went inch by inch.. AND CLIMBED IT. Funny thing he POSED like Naila the lion from Lion King movie at the top. HE WAS KING OF BUMP DUMP. It was a surreal moment... That no one saw. But I got the shot of a life time. It was amazing... Somehow he understood that a challenge, Man-vs-Machine was taken by so many..... and failed by so many. He understood/breathed the emotion of taking on that challenge like all human around that evening. Damn it was such an interesting connection. He was a damn smart dog. Unfortunately with the E-Mag now defunct; I only have been able to resurrect a small clip of it from Google Archives. My big shot of it died in a Hard Drive crash.

day6_b.jpg
Jake will always be close to my heart. I truly miss him.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well the big dog must have gone home or was picked up by someone else. Haven't seen him since the other morning when my wife got his pic. She had her heart set on keeping him. So I guess in a couple of weeks, we're gonna see about adopting one from the shelter, or getting her a pup :rolleyes:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Daren, take the picture your wife took and get some enlarged. Post some signs nearby for "LOST DOG" , maybe you'll get him back!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, take the picture your wife took and get some enlarged. Post some signs nearby for "LOST DOG" , maybe you'll get him back!
I asked my neighbor about him tonight, if they had seen him. They had some folks stop by looking for him the other day after my wife took the pic. He was hanging out in the neighbors yard when they stopped by. He's back home. They said he had been missing for about a week.