Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Dogs practicing social distance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mine didn't :D Looks to me like there was a compromise over the blanket at some point during the night :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Yeah
Social distancing doesn’t really apply to dogs but it was a photo opportunity.

I’m very happy with the young boys learning of commands so far.

He seems to be “the dominant “dog he mostly plays with the 4 Year old female... she is a Little easier on him.

Mitch/ The 11-year-old male has already bit him in the face once
Not bad
But it’s just dog communication

The puppy ventured over into his space.

Lesson learned

He now keeps his distance it is more respectful

It’s always an evolving situation between dominant and submissive with these dogs especially with a puppy coming up.

They will all eventually find their place because daddy’s rule is :
All dogs are nice to each other.

Because I am the alpha dog.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea me staying the Alfa with wolves and wolf dogs doesn't always happen, several are much better at it then me! ;)

But also have a zero tolerance, no dog fight policy, they can hurt each other really bad, really fast! :eek:

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
But also have a zero tolerance, no dog fight policy, they can hurt each other really bad, really fast! :eek:

Agree.

They are pretty good with food,
Ive had the occasional scuffle over a toy or something but thats usually in the house/close quarters
Very rare though.

Canine body language is a good thing to learn. Im still learning...
Funny how just a side glance or a stare can escalate if not corrected.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My Mom went for a run that way and didn’t take me.....[emoji3525]

(She’s doing 12 miles...Ollie’s only good for 3, so she’ll stop and get him after 9, for the last 3. )[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My Mom went for a run that way and didn***8217;t take me.....[emoji3525]

(She***8217;s doing 12 miles...Ollie***8217;s only good for 3, so she***8217;ll stop and get him after 9, for the last 3. )[emoji3]
Around here it's the exact opposite... we can do 3 miles comfortably and they wanna do 50! :eek:

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We’re making frosting....we are....

He’s 100% Boxer and 50% Chow Hound....[emoji3]

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Helping dad pick up sticks. She decided to attack this one :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Dead Ash trees dropping branches??

Undead oaks :rolleyes: They shed horribly and I have about 30 of them that are an average of 75 to 80ft tall and 35" plus at the base. Storm comes through, you got sticks all over the place. Just burned a brush pile yesterday. Was about 6 months worth of oak droppings.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wasn’t sure whether to put here under Crazy Pets or What’s Cookin’.....[emoji41]

Ollie’s the Official Chicken Checker.... mom’s making chicken orzo soup because they’re calling for snow tomorrow.....

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wasn’t sure whether to put here under Crazy Pets or What’s Cookin’.....[emoji41]

Ollie’s the Official Chicken Checker.... mom’s making chicken orzo soup because they’re calling for snow tomorrow.....

Gypsy is the official meat tester at our house. Only thing she doesn't get is something that's heavily spiced like sausage. Then it gets substituted with some lunch meat from the fridge.

Be aware of the steak tax though :eek: That one is the highest!!!!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I'd like to post a shoutout of gratitude for the veterinarians that are working through this crisis tending to emergencies while being short staffed and short of PPE because much of their stocks were commandeered for the local hospitals. One of my vets was almost single handedly holding down the fort over Easter weekend when both of my dogs required emergency surgeries for pyometra, and then a week or so later I needed the large animal vet to come for a foot abscess in the horse. Their offices are closed except for emergencies. This is a financial hardship for them too.

The small animal vets here are having people wait in their cars and the vet will come out with one of their leashes and take your dog inside. Do you know how hard it is to maintain a 6 foot spacing and hand off your dog? Or let the vet lift it out of the car without having it escape and go running down the road? If you have to take a dog or cat in for something, plan ahead and restrain as needed to make the handoff easier and safer.

When I took my two in to get their sutures out etc, this morning, some young twit pulled his car right next to mine so I could barely get the door open. Got out, ignoring the sign on the door that said STOP do not enter, call this number to let us know you are here, and entered the foyer dog in hand. No mask either. They sent him back to wait in his car. I moved my truck so I could get the door open to get my dog out, and proceeded to chew him out for no mask. Well, suggested he put one on. Said he had one but it was gone now. :cool: It is a very small clinic, staying 6 feet away. would be nearly impossible. My point is our vets are trying to work under very difficult conditions, and showing them the courtesy of wearing a mask and trying to make their job easier would be a kind thing.

Furthermore there are increasing examples where pets and other mammals can catch Covid 19 from us. (Dog, cats, tigers, mink that I know about.) If everyone is sloppy about all this we increase the likelihood of getting the virus entrenched in populations of wild species as well as pets. Would be a surprise to me at least if transmission can't go both ways.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
:D. Not my tiger, definitely not my kind of pet! Zoo animals caught it from a keeper.

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Could not resist the tiger comment. Before I retired I spent a lot of time in South Africa and was able to venture out and see and interact with many of the big cats. Truly one of the living wonders of the world, beautiful animals. Never did it cross my mind they would make good pets.