Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My new sidekick waiting for me to go to bed. Wife wanted me to keep him up so he wouldn't wake her at 3:30 in the morning. The breeder got up at 3:30 AM to get ready for work, and he would feed the pups and then go off to work. His wife would then feed them again as she left for work at 8 AM, and he hasn't adjusted to our schedule yet. Wife gets up at 8 to be at work by 10. I get up after she goes to work because I stay awake later at night.

MVC-491L.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Well I thought I lost Huey this morning, but as it turned out he broke in (he has been known to be an escape artist breaking out).

So I went to our place up North for meetings with state forester and usda / nrcs peeps on Friday. This morning I get up at zero dark thirty to hump it home. I let Huey out of the barn to handle his business and then I go about packing the FJ…I leave the rear swing out door open and continue to pack my gear…comes time to close door and leave and I can’t find the dog anywhere…it’s dark, very heavy fog…so I start calling and nothing…I am shining my head lamp around and nothin’…now I am wondering which township to start the search in…just as I happen to see I left a piece of gear out, open the rear door back up and cabin light comes on and look who is sitting in the drivers seat…that little dude scaled the gear and slipped over it the top of it to be patiently up front ready to go. So there he was. He’s a funny little guy. 😆

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
@rc51stierhoff - must have been a real sinking feeling and he was there all the while!! 😳😳 Glad it turned out fine!

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
All the while, he is wondering "when human take me for ride?"
Well the top of my gear is probably 5’ or maybe a little more in terms of height from the ground…I can’t believe he didn’t knock anything out as he climbed through the pile of gear.🤔

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
Well I thought I lost Huey this morning, but as it turned out he broke in (he has been known to be an escape artist breaking out).

So I went to our place up North for meetings with state forester and usda / nrcs peeps on Friday. This morning I get up at zero dark thirty to hump it home. I let Huey out of the barn to handle his business and then I go about packing the FJ…I leave the rear swing out door open and continue to pack my gear…comes time to close door and leave and I can’t find the dog anywhere…it’s dark, very heavy fog…so I start calling and nothing…I am shining my head lamp around and nothin’…now I am wondering which township to start the search in…just as I happen to see I left a piece of gear out, open the rear door back up and cabin light comes on and look who is sitting in the drivers seat…that little dude scaled the gear and slipped over it the top of it to be patiently up front ready to go. So there he was. He’s a funny little guy. 😆
We moved into a new house and during the move, the doors were all open. Finished moving stuff in and the Jason ( a Shepard mix ) was no where to be found. We called for him and searched the neighborhood - no Jason. We finally closed the doors and checked out the house. There was Jason curled up on the guest bed fast asleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

IandC2_24.jpg

Granddog Crichton and Great-granddaughter Izzy getting some Quality Time. They've been pals since before she was born.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
1707055327678.png

Bob, he's been gone for 12 years, but a great dog. He was a home body - absolutely no reason to leave home, no rides - nothing. We had a fenced in back yard, he would dig under the fence and run around to the front of the house and bark to get let in. We still miss him.

Reactions: 6 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I no longer have my beagle, but before my wife passed, she made me promise to take care of her cat. Not being a cat person and allergic to them, and a death bed promise takes president over ever thing else you do it. But I digress, last week I found bits of cat food lying in front of the dish washer, and I swept them up. Then in front of the fridge same thing, just a couple pieces, then the dish washer again. OK whats going on here? It seems cat has figured out something, now living out inthe boon docks we have mice , thats a given. Now quite by accident I observed him picking a couple pieces of dry cat food out of the dish and dropping them in front of said kitchen items. Then backs off and lays watching the food he just put there. The damn cat is baiting mice out where he can get them !!!!
Like I said I am not a cat person,, but I am suitably Impressed !

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The shaggy one had to be outside today…I came home to this…(ball in the pic is about 16 or 18” tall.). Any guesses what the mud flap region of his front legs and belly looks like? If he were a bigger mess he could run for office. 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I guess that you can always count on Facebook to remind you of what you were doing in the past. Today a post popped up that I made on February 7th, 2020. It was the passing of our Mini Daschund at the age of 20 years and 4 months. Without even realizing it, I was outside and passed by the area where all of our past pets were buried. My mind went to the end of the graves where there was a depression. That depression is the remains of our last 3 dogs who all died close together.
Molly.jpg
Molly.jpg

• Sad

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Found an old picture of my Boy Mitch when he was a youngster..... Sitting in the 37 Cord.

Mitch and the car have passed on.... He was a good boy.

Mitch.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Geddy, our snot-nosed kid. 18 months old now. Spent a lot of time outside today.

IMG_6512.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I guess that you can always count on Facebook to remind you of what you were doing in the past. Today a post popped up that I made on February 7th, 2020. It was the passing of our Mini Daschund at the age of 20 years and 4 months. Without even realizing it, I was outside and passed by the area where all of our past pets were buried. My mind went to the end of the graves where there was a depression. That depression is the remains of our last 3 dogs who all died close together.
View attachment 121948 View attachment 121948
Had the same thing happen with my 3 beagles passing one after the other. Even though I have another dog, life will never be the same without them.