arrgh and sigh...

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Had great plans to work the BX23S all weekend long until I spotted this....
... 19 ( yeah I counted them) soft huge pimples on the left front...arrgh..., so I checked the right front...sigh... same problem just not as bad.
Kubota dealer says, sorry ,out of 1 year warranty( by 3 months..) but contact tire mfr....
so I had to buy 2 new tires and rims( cheaper than tire only).
So, I have 3 days of work to do, today, as rain is coming for the next.....
sigh,
dbl sigh.....

Anyone else have this weird pimple thing happen ??

Jay

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Underinflated maybe? Looks like cord slip from overloading / under inflated

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
I've had it happen on trailer tires before. Was told they were over loaded or over speed.
Relocating from Ontario to Nova Scotia cost me a few tires. Mind you it was probably 5-6 trips over two years, and 110km speed limit warmed them up a little!

As far as yours, like flip said probably underinflated. If you have new tires and rims on the way, run them till they blow. You've got nothing to loose. Just be extra careful with heavy loader work, if a tire blows with your loader up it will get unstable in a hurry. They could surprise you how much longer they might last.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I've never seen it before but as suggested I'd probably just run them until they quit. If you're careful you should be fine, most tractors don't travel at highway speeds.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
New tires and rims are now installed, old ones had 21-22#...what the sidewall says. Only have 218 hrs on them( 16 months ols..). Obviously no highway speeds..... Only hauled bucket loads of pony poop, mulch and topsoil
The new ones are same brand/make so I'll look real careful in the sidewall for info like 'max load #### at ## PSI'.
There's a 1-800-number I'll try calling tomorrow..(rain day).
Jay

rgk66

Equipment
BX2370, frt mt blower, tarter sc48 rotary mower, FEL, 6 ft woods finish mower
Jul 29, 2017
Muskegon, MI
I had the same issue with 1 of my front tires also ( beyond warranty). Continued maintaining the air pressure and kept using it until it finally leaked too bad. The other front tire (maintained at the same psi and load use) showed no such bumps/pimples. I believe the bumps/pimples are a manufacturing issue - after I dismounted it and cut it apart it appeared there was a cord/ply separation problem.
I found a pair of Kenda 18/8.5-10 6ply tires for replacements (will support 35 psi and 1000 lb load each), haven't had any front tire problem since.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Hmm...you've got me thinking now. The 'factory fresh' tires are only rated for 860# each and I'm wondering just how much weight we can actually, safely carry and NOT exceed the 860# limit of the tires ? While most of my bucket loads are mulch or dirt, I do haul patio stones and gravel around. I know the loader can proably lift more than the tires will safely carry. It'd be nice to know the REAL load limit. While the loader can lift 4 patio stones, perhaps the tires can only carry 2 or 3 ?? Anyone every see THAT number ?
In the meantime, I'm going to see about those Kenda tires or something comparable.

rgk66

Equipment
BX2370, frt mt blower, tarter sc48 rotary mower, FEL, 6 ft woods finish mower
Jul 29, 2017
Muskegon, MI
I believe they are Kenda model K514 tires. I got them off ebay, $95each.
Be sure to check the ply ratings close as they come in both 4 ply and 6 ply. I looked them up and the 6 ply is rated @ 36 psi and 1115 lb load.
You may be correct that the 4 ply don't handle the load as I was moving a lot of gravel, sand and also some loader capacity size logs. As I stated earlier the Kendas are holding up great, don't even squat under load.

js5020

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 27, 2018
PA
My neighbor and I refer to those bumps as tumors. I suspect they are caused by all the loader work since I have another neighbor who has no problems with the tires only difference she hasn't mastered filling the loader bucket yet. Don't feel special the neighbor who shares the tire issue has a JD,, he and I have somewhat of a competition going to see who uses the most front tires in a year, he's ahead of me, must be because the JD has a 53" bucket to my 48" .

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Put tubes in them and keep on running them until they are worn out. The bubbles come from poor tire quality allowing air to escape into the different layers of the rubber. Tube will contain that air. Eventually the tire will give out but way lot cheaper than buying new tires and rims.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
The effects of heavy loader work on tires can be offset with the appropriate 3pt ballast.

I would definitely send pictures to the tire manufacturer asking for support.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
so far no reply from 'Garden Master' , teh mfr of the tires...
guy at Kubota Canada is trying to figure out the ACTUAL 'payload' I can carry with my BX23S. even though the loader will lift 700#s, tires only good for 1720# and BX23S weighs in around 3,000#... Yeesh, this should be real simple for Kubota to figure out. If I had a 1,000# weigh scale , I can do the math in 5-6 minutes....
Oh well....
I still can't get Kenda K514 series tires up here either, so I'll need a USA supplier than can send to Holland, Mi. Crazy thing is Amazon has them(several vendors) BUT 'not available in your area' !! What Amazon doesn't know is that I have an AMERICAN address I can ship to..... so much for NAFTA.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
update : Kubota Canada is reversing the charges ( $250) for the 2 new tires/rims I bought last week ! I still haven't heard what the 'payload' weight my BX23S can carry but at least I'm getting new tires/rims for free !! I'll have to put the 'bug in their ear' later this week. I just got 2 BIG dumptruck loads of top soil delivered and that'll be 100s of trips back and forth next week, after the rain comes tonight...sigh...

No Kenda dealer/rep in Canada either, dbl sigh..

Oh well...
I wonder if putting tubes in would actually help but my gut says no...
Jay

edit: Kubota says the BX23S will carry 750# minus bucket weight(150) so... 500 # of dirt or steel payload !! When I get time, I'll build a 1,000# scale and SEE just what weight is on the fronts.

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
My neighbor and I refer to those bumps as tumors. I suspect they are caused by all the loader work since I have another neighbor who has no problems with the tires only difference she hasn't mastered filling the loader bucket yet. Don't feel special the neighbor who shares the tire issue has a JD,, he and I have somewhat of a competition going to see who uses the most front tires in a year, he's ahead of me, must be because the JD has a 53" bucket to my 48" .
Those bumps are factory defects and Ive seen them on cars too, right from new. If you caught them right away you might have argued enough to get a new tire replacement under warranty but even then it would have been a fight. Trying to get tire manufacturers to honour warranty is like getting 3 tab shingle manufacturers to honour their warranties.

js5020

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 27, 2018
PA
I didn't waste my time trying to get warranty on a 1 year old tire, for 76 bucks and 10 minutes at the tire machine problem solved. Inspection of the failed tire showed exposed and frayed cords on the inside of the tire about 3 inches long in the area of the fail. Sometimes it's just easier to take the path of least resistance.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
yeah 3 tab shingles....
installer blames IKO, IKO says bad install, homeowner gets 'the stick'. Even IF shingles are bad, IKO only gives you 5 shingles to replace the 5 bad ones !

I'd really like to buy Kenda K514s but NOT available here, north of the 49th....
..no passport, so can't go south and Amazon( they are there online..) says 'none in my area' !
OH well, 14 hrs on new free ones so far,so good.....

Jay