Are You Going to? How many? What Kinds? How Often? - ROFLMAO

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Add all the bad side effects up and they come no where close to the over 500 million dead in the US alone from coved.
Wow that is impressive that the amount of deaths are that high in the US. We must have a lot of illegals coming over with COVID and dropping dead as soon as they hit the US soil.

(US population is ~332 million).

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Wow that is impressive that the amount of deaths are that high in the US. We must have a lot of illegals coming over with COVID and dropping dead as soon as they hit the US soil.

(US population is ~332 million).
Negative population growth. We now have a 170million person deficit.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Yeah but that is just the National Institute of Health with a bunch of scientific goobledeegoop saying not to wear the mask. We need emotions driving these decisions!

Man, there are is a lot of good information in there. I wonder what the liberal counter-point sheet looks like?

A lot of good scientific tid-bits in there,

According to the current knowledge, the virus SARS-CoV-2 has a diameter of 60 nm to 140 nm [nanometers (billionth of a meter)], while medical and non-medical facemasks’ thread diameter ranges from 55 µm to 440 µm [micrometers (one millionth of a meter), which is more than 1000 times larger.

The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects.

I don't think we are allowed to discuss this though because the "my truth" croud said it was all decided.

Reactions: 2 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Yeah but that is just the National Institute of Health with a bunch of scientific goobledeegoop saying not to wear the mask. We need emotions driving these decisions!

Man, there are is a lot of good information in there. I wonder what the liberal counter-point sheet looks like?

According to the current knowledge, the virus SARS-CoV-2 has a diameter of 60 nm to 140 nm [nanometers (billionth of a meter)], while medical and non-medical facemasks’ thread diameter ranges from 55 µm to 440 µm [micrometers (one millionth of a meter), which is more than 1000 times larger.

The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects.

I don't think we are allowed to discuss this though because the "my truth" croud said it was all decided.
🦗🦗🦗

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

Agree.

There are quite a lot of policies, at least in the US, based on emotion of making policy makers and constituents feel good rather than actual effectiveness of accomplishing the stated goal. Personally, I don’t feel good about ineffective and counterproductive policies, but some do.

And the “my reality” / “my truth” is both insane and quite dangerous. It’s not that you have your reality/truth and I have mine. There is only one reality/truth. You have your perspective, I have mine, and if we both recognize that we can have an intelligent discussion of our viewpoints to bring us both closer to the actual reality/truth. If your reality/truth and mine are equally valid and not subject to scrutiny against the one true reality/truth then we have nothing to discuss, nothing to learn, and both continue in blissful overconfident partial ignorance. It’s one of several tools to convert any useful debate into a useless shouting match or silence, which works with a toolbox of other methods to divide us into so many fractured splinter groups no group outside of the politicians, bureaucrats, and media has an effective voice. It’s not all, but part of the 2-4-D being applied to grass roots movements.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I have a friends mom that just died two days after getting her first shot. She was 82, but a really active 82. The whole family is wishing she hadn't had the shot.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Double and triple masking should really help with that.

Unfortunately, agenda pollution does not count. Just like all the extra diesel, def fluid and empty boxes of large plastic containers from it, none of that counts. All the CO2 from the elite hypocrites mansions and private planes etc. None of that counts.

Now, do you have anything emotionally charged with some loose facts to back it up that we can all get fired up about?

• Haha

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
My friends mother that passed was 72 not 82 so I wanted to correct that. She died of a massive stroke caused by a blood clot (all pointing to the vaccine, however they will not say that). Again, an example of the agenda from the other side.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
My friends mother that passed was 72 not 82 so I wanted to correct that. She died of a massive stroke caused by a blood clot (all pointing to the vaccine, however they will not say that). Again, an example of the agenda from the other side.
Some deaths are acceptable, some are not. Depends on who it is: age, race, nationality, economic status, etc. And cause of death: car, gun, various diseases (some more acceptable than others), chronic degenerative conditions, weather, famine, war, “medical misadventure”, etc.

At least that’s what I’m told I’m supposed to believe. But I don’t.

Death is part of life. Senseless avoidable death shouldn’t be.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
And we will never know whether the stroke was or was not caused by the shot.

We have a 56 year old Daughter that had a stroke in November and she had not had her shot. A palm size section of her skull had to be removed to relieve the brain pressure. The scalp was again peeled back and her skull was replaced two weeks ago. She has lost 80% of her eyesight and will never be able to drive again. Just saying, we don't know what we don't know. If she had taken a shot, it would be easy to place the blame there.

As a side note, she has had both of her Pfizer shots since then.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I will be curious to see how the second shot goes for you. Here at work it is run about 50/50 with those that have reactions with the second shot and those that don't. So far no noticeable trends passed on the small sampling at work.

The 4 of us that got the J&J shots, 1 had no reaction, 1 had very mild reaction (headache, little sore for about 8 hours), and 2 of us felt miserable for 24 hours and then came out of it.

In years to come, it will be interesting to see what the studies show.
Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday about 4:15 PM and so far nothing negative to report other than a slightly sore area where the shot was done. Several people at work have similar (no problems) results with Pfizer and a few with Moderna had minor problems after second shot.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I got my 1st A-Z shot yesterday at noon,zero side effects. The very,very slight soreness at injection point is NORMAL. Grab a sterilized small sewing needle and jab it in 2 inches as a comparison....

What did strike me as 'odd' is that the nurse was wearing a face mask over an N95 mask, and of course fresh gloves ! Hmmm....she'd been 'shot' months ago so WHY did she have on TWO layers of 'protection' ?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I got my 1st A-Z shot yesterday at noon,zero side effects. The very,very slight soreness at injection point is NORMAL. Grab a sterilized small sewing needle and jab it in 2 inches as a comparison....

What did strike me as 'odd' is that the nurse was wearing a face mask over an N95 mask, and of course fresh gloves ! Hmmm....she'd been 'shot' months ago so WHY did she have on TWO layers of 'protection' ?
She could be doing that due to less than great guidance from the CDC. The short version, early on they were telling healthcare workers to do this to protect the N95 mask and allow it to be reused (due to the shortage at the time). Currently, most places have the supplies restocked and I'm not sure why they would continue with the practice.

Considerations for Covering N95s to Extend Use | | Blogs | CDC

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yes, there was and still is much mis-information and also over reaction and even nonsense. It has been over 2 months since I got my 2nd shot of Moderna, but if my wearing a mask will make someone feel more comfortable, I am willing to wear it. It's simply a matter of respect for their feelings.

Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
She could be doing that due to less than great guidance from the CDC. The short version, early on they were telling healthcare workers to do this to protect the N95 mask and allow it to be reused (due to the shortage at the time). Currently, most places have the supplies restocked and I'm not sure why they would continue with the practice.

Maybe she HADN'T been vaccinated months ago? And the masks help protect the patient from anything the nurse might be carrying, from TB to covid to flu to measles. And regrettably the good masks can be hard to come by in different places. So IMHO just good public health practice to wear masks when getting close to a bunch of strangers.