Are You Going to? How many? What Kinds? How Often? - ROFLMAO

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
:rolleyes: Yup, it's mighty convenient when one can roll everything up into a tidy package making one size fit all.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Back on thread subject (I think), I got my first Phizer shot yesterday around 1:00 PM. Only thing I noticed was got a bit shaky and needed to eat late in the afternoon like a drop in blood sugar happened.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Back on thread subject (I think), I got my first Phizer shot yesterday around 1:00 PM. Only thing I noticed was got a bit shaky and needed to eat late in the afternoon like a drop in blood sugar happened.
I will be curious to see how the second shot goes for you. Here at work it is run about 50/50 with those that have reactions with the second shot and those that don't. So far no noticeable trends passed on the small sampling at work.

The 4 of us that got the J&J shots, 1 had no reaction, 1 had very mild reaction (headache, little sore for about 8 hours), and 2 of us felt miserable for 24 hours and then came out of it.

In years to come, it will be interesting to see what the studies show.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My wife got a delayed [5 days later] reaction - insomnia.
So far it has been a couple of nights.
Stay tuned.
I haven't heard of that being a side effect. Interesting.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
FDA recommends pause of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine after blood clot cases

We know a lot less about this than the media are telling you.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Reactions: 1 user

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Didn't someone once say "If you don't read the news, you're uninformed. If you do, you're misinformed"?

Some things don't change...

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Friend reported this: " Step daughter came down with shingles the day after her first shot. Her research (and her Dr.) found a number of examples of people that had chicken pox and previously had Covid, suffered shingles after the initial shot. And typically too young where the shingles vaccine is recommended (she's 44). Four weeks later, she's still battling shingles. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm . . . . "

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Friend reported this: " Step daughter came down with shingles the day after her first shot. Her research (and her Dr.) found a number of examples of people that had chicken pox and previously had Covid, suffered shingles after the initial shot. And typically too young where the shingles vaccine is recommended (she's 44). Four weeks later, she's still battling shingles. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm . . . . "
Beth brought the shingles issue to my attention the other day. If you have certain medical conditions (auto immune related, psoriatic or rumatoid arthritis), the Pfizer vaccine can trigger a hefty case of the shingles.

I do a monthly shot for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I'll be avoiding that vaccine. And waiting for more testing on the Moderna vaccine before I decided.

The J&J vaccine is off my list due to the blood clots.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Beth brought the shingles issue to my attention the other day. If you have certain medical conditions (auto immune related, psoriatic or rumatoid arthritis), the Pfizer vaccine can trigger a hefty case of the shingles.
Thank you for that bit of information. We have a 55 year old daughter that falls into that category.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Get the detailed data before you decide. A number of cases was something like 6 out of how many million? If I run across the paper again I'll post it. It is good to know who is at risk, but shingles can be stopped if you get on it right away with an antiviral.

The aberrant clot formation in the type of vaccine like the Astra Zeneca and J & J seem at the moment to have only occurred in women under 50 or so. They are at the moment scouring the reports to see if any other reports of clots have been missed and to figure out who is at risk. A particular antibody is formed and attacks the clotting system.

Statistically it is still a question of whether the benefit outweighs the risk. At the moment, meaning this week, if you are either a woman under 50 or so, or have an autoimmune disease, you can pay attention to which vaccine and what side effects might happen before you decide. As the data is gathered there should be more guidance available. It is too soon to panic over what so far has been small numbers. Hopefully enough of us who do not fall into these risk categories will get vaccinated and practice social distancing to protect the folks that shouldn't get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Personally, I think the world should move on. The people that don't want it to should stay home.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Wife and I both got the J&J shot weekend before last; day after local news ran a story about it possibly being suspended. Arm was sore for about 10 minutes. Ran a bunch of errands in town the rest of the morning. Had discovered a few days prior a tree on the back side of our place where we hardly ever go had the top blown out across the property line and our very nice neighbor didn’t mention it but figured he’d get it up eventually so we snaked the tractor to rope and chain distance, skidded it back over to the wood lot, and worked it up. No ill effects yet. How effective it is or how long it lasts, not a clue. After an hour I told my wife I thought it must be a CIA plot because I was having the inexplicable side effect of thinking Biden is a competent President solely motivated by the best interests of the American citizenry. Of course that was a joke, I’ve never had that thought cross my mind for a millisecond.

Considering the people disseminating the information on this stuff have said various things such as “two weeks to flatten the curve”, that turned out to be incorrect over and over and over, I find it difficult to believe much other than COVID is a nothing disease for some, deadly for some, and somewhere in between for others (have seen all that). Have the inaccuracies been because they’re figuring it out as they go, doing the best they can, and being totally transparent? Or is it some political power grab? Maybe the whole thing is a nefarious plot by some evil secret society? Maybe intervention by extraterrestrials who are watching from afar and decided to thin the herd? Don’t know. Care a little but not much. Regardless the reasons, there’s been so much inaccurate and conflicting information, taking anything as gospel truth doesn’t really make any sense. Ignoring it as a total fabrication doesn’t make much sense either.

I decided long ago to be concerned about stuff I can actually do something about (which is a good bit more than just going to work every morning and coming home every evening) and leave the rest to God. And our personal decision based on the risk/reward of COVID v vaccine was to get the vaccine. If someone doesn’t want to get it due to whatever reasons they have, not my business.

Reactions: 1 users