Are You Going to? How many? What Kinds? How Often? - ROFLMAO

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
My wife is allergic to tetanus (horse serum) and both of us are allergic to sulfa, but we both qualified for Moderna and we have both successfully taken it and survived. We are now 5 weeks past the second dose. (y)

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My wife is allergic to tetanus (horse serum) and both of us are allergic to sulfa, but we both qualified for Moderna and we have both successfully taken it and survived. We are now 5 weeks past the second dose. (y)
I'm supposed to hear from the doctor on Monday. If he gives the green light the Department of Health will give me the Johnson and Johnson shot, but they won't do it without a doctor's approval. I guess some liability issue or something, which I didn't think anyone had any liability with these shots. Anyway, might be getting mine as early as Thursday if the stars all align.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
I'm supposed to hear from the doctor on Monday. If he gives the green light the Department of Health will give me the Johnson and Johnson shot, but they won't do it without a doctor's approval. I guess some liability issue or something, which I didn't think anyone had any liability with these shots. Anyway, might be getting mine as early as Thursday if the stars all align.
I think the liability they are worried about is negligence or malpractice and the ones it would come back on is the doctors not the Pharmaceutical Companies. If the doc knows you have a preexisting condition that could cause an allergic reaction and gives you the shot anyway if you die he/she could become liable for malpractice.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Doctor gave me the green light for the Johnson and Johnson 1 shot vaccine. I will be going Thursday.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Vaccine Day here today for my.
Nothing I want to get. But being almost 60 and overweight and meeting customers daily in my business. I'm going to get it. The Johnson and Johnson third shift batch I'm thinking made in Maryland...
lol. One shot and I'm covered. My girlfriend got the Mederma and she goes back in a week for dose two. Maines virus is still 200 to 400 a day. Bars and everything is open. Alot more folks will die before summer actually starts.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Hoping to get the vaccine soon.
get it or dont get it. Anything to put this behind us is a good thing. Masks, sure. Even if they help a little. This virus needs to be wiped out 100% before life can resemble something close to normal. Lockdown? Sure. Distancing? Sure. Lets get this done. Enough conspiracy already.

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
Considering this mild virus has a 99.9xxx% survival rate I'm not worried in the least. I just hope vaccinations aren't mandated or I will search for a religion that gets a religious pass. :D

Reactions: 2 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
CDC released info that the variants are being well-defended against by the pfizer and moderna.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I can understand avoiding a vaccine if your medical history indicates that... but wearing a mask is something we all OWE each other.
If you're wearing a mask, you're protected, IF masks are effective in preventing transmission. I can respect you and not wear a mask. I believe in gathering facts from multiple sources and making my own decisions...Legalize Freedom!

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If you're wearing a mask, you're protected, IF masks are effective in preventing transmission. I can respect you and not wear a mask. I believe in gathering facts from multiple sources and making my own decisions...Legalize Freedom!
No... that’s not the purpose of your wearing a mask. It does not protect YOU. It helps protect OTHERS. The reason a surgeon wears a mask during surgery is not to protect himself.... Doh.

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
No... that’s not the purpose of your wearing a mask. It does not protect YOU. It helps protect OTHERS. The reason a surgeon wears a mask during surgery is not to protect himself.... Doh.
Masks that doctors wear prevent large droplets of bodily fluids that may contain viruses or other germs from escaping via the nose and mouth. These masks are specific for their job and are changed often. The mask can't stop a virus transmitted through normal breathing.

Mask mandated by local gov'ts and stores are not uniform and therefore illustrate that it is more of a panacea than a deterrence from infection. I have seen bandanas used as well as people wearing masks under their nose. Masks inhibit oxygen flow and trap germs and do more damage to a person than helping.
I'll chance a 99.9xx% survival rate all day long than restrict my personal freedoms.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Enough ranting about masks ... It's a pointless argument ... Move on.

Reactions: 2 users

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Over and done here. I did come home and grab the red sharpe and put a few dots on my shoulder. My girlfriend glanced at my arm..OMG..what did they do to you ???
LOLOL

• Haha
  • Love

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Masks that doctors wear prevent large droplets of bodily fluids that may contain viruses or other germs from escaping via the nose and mouth. These masks are specific for their job and are changed often. The mask can't stop a virus transmitted through normal breathing.

Mask mandated by local gov'ts and stores are not uniform and therefore illustrate that it is more of a panacea than a deterrence from infection. I have seen bandanas used as well as people wearing masks under their nose. Masks inhibit oxygen flow and trap germs and do more damage to a person than helping.
I'll chance a 99.9xx% survival rate all day long than restrict my personal freedoms.
You better look at the survival rate at you specific age. Your number does not make sense for people the older they get. Your figure might work for kids under five years old. Don’t know or care.

in any case please take your chances. That is one more dose of the vaccine available for someone else. 😄

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Rabies is nearly 100% fatal to humans.

Humans are one of the most resistant mammals to the terrestrial version of rabies.

I used to handle rabid or suspected rabid animals on a regular basis.....sometimes several a day or week.

The Rabies vaccine has gotten much better, but it’s known for some poor reactions.

I got the 3-shot pre-exposure Rabies vaccination series 30 years ago to protect myself and others around me.

It sucked, and I had some mild reactions.

I’ll finish the Moderna COVID series in a couple weeks....same theory.

Personally, I could give a rat’s ass if you choose not to....just don’t put me (and my family) at risk by your actions, and we're all good...

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
COVID-19 vaccination site shuts down after adverse reactions to Johnson & Johnson shot, report says....

Thirteen people at a COVID-19 vaccination site in Colorado had adverse reactions to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on Wednesday — shutting down operations for the day, a report said.

No worries it was only ONE PERCENT of the patients that had a bad reaction. Standing in line for a "flavor" of Covid Light really has me puzzled.

• Haha

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Interesting information from Gallup Pole.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
1617896848944.png

The whole process was simple and easy and for a government run project remarkably smooth.