Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Wondered about that.
Sorry, was busy and didn't have time to read the whole thing. The Jeep would stop when stopped in traffic but as soon as you touched the gas it started right back up, still a pain unless you disabled it every time you started the car.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Wondered about that.
sorry that was a quick response lol. It’s kind of more an exaggeration article… there is a “factory” mode and the procedure for cycling the ignition 120 times is in the WSM, but in reality the vehicles aren’t shipped to us in “factory” mode and this isn’t something we have to do to every new vehicle we receive (in 20 years at dealerships I’ve never done it). The vehicles do arrive in a “transport” mode, which is done by us during the PDI when it arrives, but to deactivate it it’s just ignition on, press brake pedal 5 times and hit hazard button twice, it’s not really a big deal 🤷‍♂️ (doesn’t affect me at all, haven’t done PDIs in probably 10 years or so on Fords anyways 🤣 we used to have another brand at my current dealer and I was the only one certified for the brand and had to do everything PDI and repair related to them for warranty, except oil change and maintenance stuff)

Oh and I agree on the new car thing 😁 my 2 Fords are both 05 models and will drive them until I can’t put the wheels back on them after they fall off 😂

Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Roger that ! Seems the only reason I get a, new to me, truck is when the old one is junk

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
The article was definitely written to discredit Ford.
We used a factory mode to avoid hammering the A/C compressor during the first startup.

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The article was definitely written to discredit Ford.
We used a factory mode to avoid hammering the A/C compressor during the first startup.
The most disappointing one was when they brought out the gt500s and they had it programmed to not build any boost for so many miles (can’t remember exactly what they did, think they just held the bypass open and maybe cut the timing back for the first 10-20 miles or so). As a 18 yr old that did the pdi test drive I wasn’t impressed 😂

Last edited: