Are all Quick hitches equal?

Surfer

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Sep 24, 2020
East Texas
Greetings from he Piney woods of East Texas. I am getting a quick hitch for B2601 and for my bush hog for Christmas (or at least it's on my list). Is there one that is better than the others? I am wary of Harbor Freight products so they are out. Any help will be greatly appreciated

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Approximately $100 at HF and Rural King, and $100 - 200 on line vs $4-500 at the dealer. I would try the HF one and return it if you do not like it.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Have a Speeco, RK and HF QH's. Purchased box blade this year and didn't want to modify it to make top link connection work - bought an extended top hook. Use HF 20% off coupon and use savings to buy one. Links for hook in my last post

warren3537

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with Bucket and 60" Cutter
Oct 9, 2020
Deridder, LA
I got the Pat's easy change setup for my L2501 and I like it, not as bulky as a regular quick hitch and worth the money, I have it set so that I can go from the bush hog to the landscape rake without having to reset everything, the only thing that I did was get a longer top link from tractor supply.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
I just had them add a QH-10 when I bought my B2650 last year. Didn’t really know much about them as far as price range goes. I realize that I paid A LOT more that I may have if I’d done some more research, but I don’t know that I regret it... The Land Pride QH is really nice compared to some others I have seen. Double-price-nice? Maybe not, but definitely nicer and smoother to operate than some others on the market.
As long as you’re happy with the performance and price of whatever you choose, you’ll be solid!

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I really like my qh 15 from landpride.. the adjustable top point is really required I would not buy one that does not have it..

paid 425 for it.. im sure there are cheaper but not by much for ones made in the u.s

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I have a HF QH on the old Farmall and it works like a champ. Just had to add a piece of metal to extend the top hook out a bit to clear the implement frame when it hooks up. I think Ken's Bolt on hooks website sells a reasonably priced replacement top hook for the HF QH if you aren't able to fab stuff like that.

$80 with the 20% off anything coupon and I'm a machinist so bushings are free.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I saw this video recently comparing some of the most popular brands. Perhaps, you may find it helpful.

i7win7

Equipment
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I really like my qh 15 from landpride.. the adjustable top point is really required I would not buy one that does not have it..
Whatever implement I decide to use, tinkering with the top link is too much inconvenience for me.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Greetings from he Piney woods of East Texas. I am getting a quick hitch for B2601 and for my bush hog for Christmas (or at least it's on my list). Is there one that is better than the others? I am wary of Harbor Freight products so they are out. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Any of them will work. I have the HF one and it has been beat to death for over a year and still works great. As stated above in the video the SpeeCo will save you money depending on how many implements you have. The bushings are expensive.

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
I've never paid more than $15 a pair for those bushings. Northern tools used to have them for $12. Don't know what they are now, but there are plenty of places to get them for way less than the $40 quoted in the video.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
No they are not all equal and no they do not universally connect all attachments.

I bought the speeco and find it is only good on 3 out of 5 attachments and I had to modify it because the top cross bar interferes with the PTO shaft on my mower and it was too narrow for my cultivator. I only use it half the time, can't use it with my snow blower. Other than that it works great. It's heavy and a bugger to put on the 3PH one handed and align the pins.

You may need to buy some new PTO shafts to use any of the QH systems because they extend the 3PH links quite a bit.

If I was in the market again I'd buy Pat's Quick hitch. My first choice would be to switch to the euro style ball, cut off the 3PH ball ends and weld hooks on my 3PH ends. Too much effort for little return, I don't swap 3PH implements enough to make it worth while.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I've never paid more than $15 a pair for those bushings. Northern tools used to have them for $12. Don't know what they are now, but there are plenty of places to get them for way less than the $40 quoted in the video.
I had a guy argue the bushing cost for a QH with me.

I thought; 25K for tractor (to save him time)
Thousands spent on attachments (to save him time)
Hundreds on a QH (to save him time)
But the 20.00 for bushings was the deal breaker?

We have tens of thousands in the budget to save time in every way (EXCEPT BUSHINGS!). Funny stuff right there. When it comes to bushings, time no longer matters and he has all the time in the world - SMH.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have a Speeco that does not have an adjustable top attachment. I modified some of my implements but some were not modification friendly so the QH had to be removed to attach them. It's heavy and awkward.

I finally grew weary (read older), and resorted to Pat's Easy Change on both tractors. Yes, I still have to deal with the top link, but even with that, it's a better setup for me.

retired farmer

Equipment
tractor, loader, cutter, blade
May 25, 2020
sheridan
Any of them will work. I have the HF one and it has been beat to death for over a year and still works great. As stated above in the video the SpeeCo will save you money depending on how many implements you have. The bushings are expensive.
Been using the HF one for years on two different tractors. My old Ford and L3301, both tractors accepted the QH with no problems, I love it. I think all the QH's will take a little tinkering with the top hook but once figgured out there you will like it.

smittydog27

Equipment
L3901DT, MX5200DT, Case 450, 1450 dozers, Case 530 const. king backhoe/loader
Dec 11, 2018
Huntington
I used to have Pat’s hitch on my BX. Wasn’t all that convenient-had to use the pats adjustable bar to try and get it lined up with the implement and the u-bolts would sometimes come loose. Also the top locking clips wouldn’t always stay engaged (would not be locked in place).
When I got my L3901, it took me about two months (on order) to get the LP QH15 (adjustable top hook). Night and day over build quality and ease of use. After that, I got the QH20 for my MX5200. That thing is HEAVY (120 lbs). Build quality gentleman, that’s where it’s at. Oh, and made in America. (Try to get US made when I can)

Just my .02

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Just don't buy one without the adjustable top hook. I have all Land Pride implements but a Kubota snow blower and I have to adjust the top hook between those.

So unless you have all the same brand implement and they are all quick hitch compatible, will need an adjustable top hook.

i7win7

Equipment
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Lack welding skills, but there are ways to "standardize" the implement collection
20200705_134124.jpg

rAzkid

Equipment
BX2200D, LX3310, FEL, MMM, PF, rear mount snowblower
Nov 6, 2020
MA

paid 425 for it.. im sure there are cheaper but not by much for ones made in the u.s
On Tractorhouse.com I see QH15 going for $425 to $497. I get my new LX3310 this week and the dealer told me the QH15 would cost me $535! I thought I got a decent deal on the tractor but I guess he thought he would make up the difference on implements! I passed on QH15 from him.