Apparently....

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
things in NC are worse than previously thought....

Wife and I went to Wal-Mart today ( I hate going there ) and found this Rolled back item......
rolbac.jpg

Pepsi was only $1.26.......

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Damn, so far I haven't seen a Walmart in Cali that sells nector of the gods :(

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
Damn, so far I haven't seen a Walmart in Cali that sells nector of the gods :(
I know for sure they sell the usual stuff ( AB, Miller, and a few 'lesser' brands, I couldn't tell you if or what micros or imports they sell.

I severely dislike Wal-Mart, it was the closest place to get a bike helmet for my daughter ( she wouldn't ride her bike she got for Christmas with out one, 6yrs old and smart like that !!! ) and I got fishing license' for the wife and myself ( also the closest place, how redneck is that ? )

I don't like WM's practices or products and try to avoid going there, even if it means paying a little more. ( $98 for a 2liter of Coke isn't quite what I had in mind though :eek:)

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
Did you you got some shot gun shells with the fishing license....HA!
well..... I did get a BB/Pellet gun so I could teach my daughter gun safety and handling, we'll learn on this, then maybe get something a little louder.

everyone around here has guns, I want her to know when, why and how, something I was never taught until I was in my 20's

I did look at the rifles and shot guns though....

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Our WM's up here in Va have a ton of beer sold in them, even the sister company Sam's Club has a shit load of beer. Best prices in bulk too.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Oh man is she ever gonna have fun with that air rifle! I got one a few years ago and started my kids on the basics like you are doing.
I save all the aerosol cans when they go low and shoot those for fun.
Soemthing I have been thinking about is have a torch behind a spray can so that when the can is shot it gives a good show :D

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
UMMM be sure to have wifey put 911 on hold when you do that!
I have a really bad ass Beeman. It's got a big scop and velocity of a 22 cal to sling lead accuratly across my property. I have hit many an unfortenate squirral in the kill zone at a distance they were not visable without the scope. My aerosal will be about the same distance. Safe with a really good show :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
HOLY HELL I just looked up Beeman air rifle online, they sell from 300 bucks to 3 thousand dollars! An actual 22cal would be cheaper!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
HOLY HELL I just looked up Beeman air rifle online, they sell from 300 bucks to 3 thousand dollars! An actual 22cal would be cheaper!

You are right, a 22 would be cheaper. But with the air rifle I enjoy the freedom of taking it any where I want with out the harassment of carrying a fire arm. The real major deciding factor was the ricochet. I can use the air rifle any where on my property an know for a fact I'm not gonna kill somebody a quarter mile away with a ricochet.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I didnt think a 22cal had enough ass behing it to ricohet off anything. I thought they are basically a glorified BB gun.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I didnt think a 22cal had enough ass behing it to ricohet off anything. I thought they are basically a glorified BB gun.
One would think so but it did happen out here where I live. A school bus dropped off a load of mixed elementry kids to go home. The bus had just pulled away and the kids were walking home when one of them fell to the ground. The other kids noticed her fall and thought she was playing around and then noticed the blood from here head.

The police investigators were able to trace every ricochet point the bullet hit before Tammy Green unknowingly walked into it's path. They never caught the shooter but were able to tell it was a person way out in the desert shooting bottles.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My brother and I hit a 2 liter coke bottle at 900 yds with a 22 magnum. I don't mean it was like shooting one with a 220 swift or 223 but we were able to hit one and it still had enough power to poke a hole in the bottle.

Never under estimate a 22 cal rifle. The warning on the ammo says dangerous for 1.5 mi for a reason.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Oh I know what you mean about under estimating a gun. I just thought that a 22 cal rifle was a weaker under powered gun. All guns can kill no matter what the size. I never really knew a 22 cal could travle that far and bounch off so much.