Anyone try these (BX tractor upgrade)?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Post in the wrong thread in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Is anyone popping fraesh popcorn? Mine is stale.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Has anyone on the forums tried these cylinders?
Don't recall this thread from last year, but the topic has come up a lot of times.

It's not just the BX loaders. If I recall correctly, even the larger loaders up to the M series may have the same issue.

Dan's LA525 on an L3901 is configured the same way.

I don't think heavier-duty cylinders will change much due to the configuration of the hydraulic circuit, as Dan mentioned last year.

I've moved probably 300 tons of stone with my BX loader without issue.

That said, there's a spot in that lower-right joystick position that the tractor doesn't like. After a little practice, I learned to work around it.

If I had a load of stone dumped tomorrow, it would likely take me a couple buckets to re-learn how to grab a bucket full, and from there-on out all would be smooth.

IMG_6709.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Don't recall this thread from last year, but the topic has come up a lot of times.

It's not just the BX loaders. If I recall correctly, even the larger loaders up to the M series may have the same issue.

Dan's LA525 on an L3901 is configured the same way.

I don't think heavier-duty cylinders will change much due to the configuration of the hydraulic circuit, as Dan mentioned last year.

I've moved probably 300 tons of stone with my BX loader without issue.

That said, there's a spot in that lower-right joystick position that the tractor doesn't like. After a little practice, I learned to work around it.

If I had a load of stone dumped tomorrow, it would likely take me a couple buckets to re-learn how to grab a bucket full, and from there-on out all would be smooth.

View attachment 125762
The reason it does not like that spot is the lift cylinders and bucket cylinders are connected in series which makes the curl and lift loads additive. The lift cylinders are also powering the curl cylinders and the combined forces can readily exceed the capacity of the lift cylinders. When that happens everything stalls.

Dan

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am going to give them a try. If they do what the seller claims I will be happy. If nothing else it will make loading the leaves into the dump truck a lot easier in the fall.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am going to give them a try. If they do what the seller claims I will be happy. If nothing else it will make loading the leaves into the dump truck a lot easier in the fall.
I dont think there is any doubt they do what the seller claims. The issue in the older discussion was could you accomplish the same thing for half the price. I still say yes.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You all must have bigger n&@$$ than me I don't like having my bucket up as high as it goes, and certainly wouldn't want it to go higher.

Also if you do, be very mindful that something that high up coming off the back of the bucket will really hurt when it clocks you on the head!

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I never use the bucket to its fullest height, however, when cleaning up leaves it has always been a problem where to dump them. I doubt that a bucket full of leaves is going to cause me any problem as I dump them into the dump truck to take them away. I have a weight box in the back with over 600 pounds of counterweight for stability and loaded tires. Should I feel the slightest issue I will abandon the leave loading and removal.
Once I get them installed I will do a full evaluation of them and I am always cautious of my safety. I didn't get this old by being stupid!

Reactions: 1 user