Anyone have tips on removing a loaded rear R1 on a Grand L?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
When I were at the dealer if I had to do a remote kit on a grand L 60, and I found out that the tires were loaded, the labor went up. So then we got to the point of quoting everyone a little more than usual, and if the tires were not loaded and the machine clean, we'd give them a discount--and end up under quote.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I use a pallet jack when I have to remove and install semi trailer tires at work.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
That 5200 pounds is for 4 jacks, not the one jack. Divide 5200 by 4 = 1300 pounds per jack. I have a friend that bought 4 of those jacks, and they were junk. He borrowed mine which was made in the USA and was able to move his car.

Glenn S

Equipment
RTVX900, NH Boomer 50, Cub Cadet TRS, JD 350C, IH 584 and attachments
Oct 20, 2018
Alberta
Any practical tips for removing a loaded rear wheel off a L4760 with R1 tires?

Im concerned the tread lugs will make the rolling of it out of the way very wobbly and prone to falling.
Hi, I just went through that on a 16.9-26 on a New Holland tractor. I would not do it again, better to call a tire shop, they can repair the tire without removing it from the tractor. It's worth a couple of hundred dollars to prevent damage to lug nuts or being injured or killed by the tire. They are HEAVY!
My belief is that there are things that are DYI to save money and there are things that are not, and this is one of them.

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I swapped my loaded rear tires side to side for spacing. They were r4's not ag tires. Two people a smooth hard surface (cement preferably) Jack it up just enough to wiggle the tire off. Keep it upright and balanced. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did tell my helper that if it got off balance and started to fall just get out of the way and let it go. I wouldn't try it alone without an adequate lift.

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
The High Taxes part of lovely NY, USA
Well. Ended up NOT needing to pull the wheel so this thread was pointless. I think if you are installing all 3 rear remotes you need to - but I only did 2 and there’s enough room to do all them without removing the wheel for that access panel.