Anyone else get excited about snow?

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
We got about 6-8 inches last night. The JD430 got a couple of hours of run time cleaning out my drives and a couple of the neighbors drives. The lady next door has chickens, so she gave me a dozen eggs as payment for cleaning out her drive.
Had to run to the Dollar General a couple miles away at about 8:00PM, and we got another couple of inches since I cleaned the drives. We may get a couple more inches over night.

How much did you get in Auburn?
I am about 10 miles east of Auburn in the Sr Joe area. We got some, but not a lot. ClearEd the driveway twice, but could have done it once this evening. A little deep for the 2wd Honda 250 when I was pulling the kids in a tube, but still would move decent.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Here on the west side of Indy it rained all day Wed. and turned to sleet later in the day. Just checked the weather and shows we have another front moving in, looks like the snow they were predicting.. we'll see!

Jeremy feel free to keep all the snow you need up North for your projects.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
We up in northern Michigan need snow for our economy. We are getting robbed! We may get an inch in the next day. just watch, we will get hammered when nobody wants it, end of March or early April.
On one of my summer motorcycle rides I took a detour to visit friends at Copper Harbor on the UP. I still remember passing a 'measuring stick' of snow depth used during the winter. iirc the highest mark was 22'

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well its raining here inthe coal country, and going to 55f but I guess things will be going sideways later this evening and tomorrow, I mean where else can you have 55 and rain and still have winter weather watch being reported

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
We ended up with about 7" here. Plowed a couple of times to keep the driveway clear. The bad part was all the rain and 40* temps before it turned in to snow. Made for a lot of much and slush.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Well its raining here inthe coal country, and going to 55f but I guess things will be going sideways later this evening and tomorrow, I mean where else can you have 55 and rain and still have winter weather watch being reported
HERE in Indy

We ended up with about 7" here. Plowed a couple of times to keep the driveway clear. The bad part was all the rain and 40* temps before it turned in to snow. Made for a lot of much and slush.
I can still see the blades of grass here.. got lucky so far. Still blowing snow but really don't see it accumulating now. We were right on the edge of that storm all the way through.

litework

Equipment
Kubota LX 3310 HSDC, LA 535, RCR1860, SGC0660, BB1254, FDR1660
Aug 12, 2021
Virginia
I do. It's a somewhat rare treat here in Virginia. Now, the last significant snow we had was just after New Years and I was without power for a week so I've soured a little. I like moving snow around on the tractor and helping folks in my rural neighborhood.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
We've had more snow this winter compared to last winter but still not as much as I'd like. After a couple of weeks of nothing significant I was out on the tractor yesterday morning and this morning blowing and pushing a couple of inches of snow off 400 yards of driveway.

The more time I spend in the MX6000 HSTC the more I love the thing. I used to like removing snow but now I love it. I've got used to the larger blower and have figured out an efficient way to get snow cleared. I can take care of 9,000 sq.ft. of asphalt and 200 yards or gravel driveway significantly faster than I could with the BX25D and I'm a lot more comfortable while doing it. I hope we get a lot of snow this month and next.

mx6000_hstc_22.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
We've had more snow this winter compared to last winter but still not as much as I'd like. After a couple of weeks of nothing significant I was out on the tractor yesterday morning and this morning blowing and pushing a couple of inches of snow off 400 yards of driveway.

The more time I spend in the MX6000 HSTC the more I love the thing. I used to like removing snow but now I love it. I've got used to the larger blower and have figured out an efficient way to get snow cleared. I can take care of 9,000 sq.ft. of asphalt and 200 yards or gravel driveway significantly faster than I could with the BX25D and I'm a lot more comfortable while doing it. I hope we get a lot of snow this month and next.

View attachment 74409
Nice setup you have there. If I was going to be having to plow a lot over the winter I would look in to a cab for my BX. The wind and blowing snow when I was out earlier today was a little uncomfortable.

The past few winters the need to plow has been pretty limited. It has been cold enough, just not much snow

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I’d like a cab for my B3200 but finding one has been a challenge. We have about 6 or 7 on the ground and it is still coming down hard. Wind isn’t doing anyone any favors. I may wait till Friday to go plow us out

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yawn.... WHY do we pay these guys to forecast ?? The 20-30 sillymeters ended up being 6-8 ( <4"), the 10-15 now being yammered about will be 1-2......
anyone want a SSQA selfpowered dual auger snowblower ??

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Yep, I'm up north of Goshen, and I topped off the Bx, the JD430 and the generator with diesel, then went in to Farm Bureau and refilled the jugs. Also stopped at the grocery store and picked up a few items and headed home.
We'll see what it looks like in the morning. What ever it is, I'm ready.
Let it snow!
I’m just across the state line from you in Niles. Go michiana!

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
yawn.... WHY do we pay these guys to forecast ?? The 20-30 sillymeters ended up being 6-8 ( <4"), the 10-15 now being yammered about will be 1-2......
anyone want a SSQA selfpowered dual auger snowblower ??
By some networks it's the Bomb! Lol

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
They are talking about a foot of snow here by end of tomorrow.

View attachment 74409
Is this a Kubota commercial ? LOL Good one, maybe approach the corp and sell
em a picture.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy

View attachment 74409
I think we have a Winner!

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Could be exciting around here tomorrow. Forecast is 12-16" new snow
by the end of the day. Snow blowing the drive Saturday probably.

Cut out a couple heavy rubber mat pieces and hung them from the chute
deflector with a couple self tapping screws. Should help with the snow blow back
some. Heard about that idea here at some point.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
They are talking about a foot of snow here by end of tomorrow.

Is this a Kubota commercial ? LOL Good one, maybe approach the corp and sell
em a picture.
Could be I guess. The view looking out of the office window isn't bad either! :D

mx6000_hstc_23.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
We only got another couple of inches, maybe three inches over night. Went out at about 10AM and cleaned out all the usual driveways. Then around 1PM a friend that lived next to my father, just 1/4 down the road, called and aked if I could clean out his drive as his walk behind blower was out of commission. So I went down around 4PM and cleaned out his drive.

It's not a Kubota, but since I bought my BX, this is my snow removal machine. I had all the metal panels and seat pan on the tractor, and all the pieces of the blower blasted and powder coated two years ago. I also fabbed a new mount for the blower, as the one that was on it was a cobbled up mess that had the drive shaft running at a bad angle when it was raised and wore out joints ever few years. The parallelogram mount works great and the drive shaft is happy now.

Blowing Snow 02-02-22.jpg

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Forecast called for 6-12 inches and we got 11 or so. The bottom inch was slush before it froze. I don’t feel cheated. The band of heaviest snow was about 50 miles wide. The forecast discussion for the preceding 3 days dealt with two different jet streams merging. If they can come close to predicting path of a jet stream by plus or minus 50 miles that is pretty impressive.