Anyone else get excited about snow?

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I would definitely prefer the the temps of spring-fall over winter, but it is always a fun day when we get enough snow for me to break out the tractor and plow.

Here in northern Indiana we are supposed to get 13"+ over the next 2 days. I already checked all tractor fluids and made sure the battery was fully charged.

Also picked up another load of wood pellets, 15 gallons of treated diesel, 10 gallons of gas for the generator (our power goes out a bit), food and some beverages.

Hoping to get enough snow to build some ramps for the snow tube. I pull the kids behind the 4 wheeler and should be able to launch them pretty good. Always a great pre-ER visit activity!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don't really get excited because we have so many snow days. Most days I don't need to plow. Plowing can be fun. ;)

Last edited:

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Getting excited about snow? I haven't seen bare ground since before Thanksgiving. We have had at least a foot on the ground for weeks.

Hope it goes well for you and you are able to get out and enjoy some winter tractor time. :)

Enjoy!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Hardly got to use my blower last winter :( but making up for that now. So I was initially pumped going out in some "real" snow this year in December, which has worn off now that the 4th week in a row snow and wind have erased my trails and also required a full driveway and parking area go-over every week.

We're getting a good dump and blow as I write. About 6-8" with wicked NW winds now, blizzard called. At least all my trails are clearly visible and smooth by now and no more stray sticks to test my dwindling supply of auger and fan shear bolts.

I also made a trail that the tractor could handle getting onto the frozen +-50ft wide Birch River we live on, and have cleared a river trail to the ice for about a month now. Opened up a river rink down near a neighbor's lot on the other side of the river, he's got 5 children using it for skating fun. I love the sound of children skating and playing on the river, I actually don't skate anymore but yes the tractoring along the river headset blasting tunes in my bluetooth muffs, snow-blowing a skating and dog walking trail for the neighborhood, actually does please me greatly!

The neighbors driveways are going to take a few days after this mess blows by though, that's for sure.

And it always gets nasty windy from the NW and deep freezes after these snow storms pass, so with the
forecast calling for -30C lows and -20C max daytime, there's limits to how long I can ride that open station in the wind.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Getting excited about snow? I haven't seen bare ground since before Thanksgiving. We have had at least a foot on the ground for weeks.

Hope it goes well for you and you are able to get out and enjoy some winter tractor time. :)

Enjoy!
Amazing what a little latitude and altitude does for snow.
I'm just north of you.
It's been the first of November for snow here.
We have about 4 foot of hard pack / frozen snow on the ground here.

So yes I'm a little tired of snow right about now!

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yawn..... they were wrong the last time, got an inch NOT the 10+ they said we would. Only really had to use blower , once, last month...
not expecting them to be right......even gave away a walkbehind snowblower today.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I like moving snow around with the blower and snow blade, particularly when there's lot of it on the ground, but can't stand it when it warms up, the snow melts and the water turns to ice. We seem to be in that cycle at the moment. Either have lots of snow or no snow, but the in between really sucks. :cautious:

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
yawn..... they were wrong the last time, got an inch NOT the 10+ they said we would. Only really had to use blower , once, last month...
not expecting them to be right......even gave away a walkbehind snowblower today.
They are pretty good at yelling the sky is falling and then nothing. Hope they are somewhat right this time

Last edited:

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Just turned 48 but yes, I still look forward to playing in the snow. The toys just got bigger and more expensive over the years. Just need to dress warm for the open station.

This was after the 3rd dump in 3 weeks. Hard to tell scale in the picture but the banks are 8 ft high.
IMG_3226.jpg

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Just turned 48 but yes, I still look forward to playing in the snow. The toys just got bigger and more expensive over the years. Just need to dress warm for the open station.

This was after the 3rd dump in 3 weeks. Hard to tell scale in the picture but the banks are 8 ft high.
View attachment 74287
Definitely looks like quite a bit. We won’t get nearly that much. I am a little too far from the Great Lakes. It is really hit and miss here. Some winters I am moving snow almost every week. Other winters I am lucky if I get there tractor out more than a couple of times.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I’m with you Jeremy. Time in the heated cab, music on the iPhone-sure beats shoveling or being stuck in the house with the wife😳

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I’m with you Jeremy. Time in the heated cab, music on the iPhone-sure beats shoveling or being stuck in the house with the wife😳
Sounds like a good time to me. Except I don’t have the cab and the wife usually comes out too. She shovels the porch and the walkway.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
A few years back I prayed for snow….and drove many miles to find it. That’s when I was an avid snowmobiler. Now it’s a nuisance…and my snowmobiles are stowed away on sled stands. I still like the snow but it’s a lot of work. Built a pretty big deck on the house which I can’t put my tractor on to clean the snow! 😅

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Snow is good, insulates things like the ground in northern climes.
Been cold here, many below zero nights , one 23*F below and many 15 below.
Plus with snow get to pay for my new to me 2k$ 60" 3pt hitch snowblower which
I'm liking pretty well. Only used it a few time so far but easier than plowing which i did for 30 years. Having to always push it back suked. No more of that. Let it snow !
We snowmobile and x-c ski so snow is a big plus there too.
We just had a blizzard that was pretty exciting for 1/2 day.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I use to have a bumper sticker on my Jeep truck said think snow summer stinks

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Yep, I'm up north of Goshen, and I topped off the Bx, the JD430 and the generator with diesel, then went in to Farm Bureau and refilled the jugs. Also stopped at the grocery store and picked up a few items and headed home.
We'll see what it looks like in the morning. What ever it is, I'm ready.
Let it snow!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
We are forecast to get a foot overnight and tomorrow, then another 5” tomorrow night. It’s been a pretty open winter so I’m looking forward to plowing with my new tractor.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
We up in northern Michigan need snow for our economy. We are getting robbed! We may get an inch in the next day. just watch, we will get hammered when nobody wants it, end of March or early April.