Anyone else get excited about snow?

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
We up in northern Michigan need snow for our economy. We are getting robbed! We may get an inch in the next day. just watch, we will get hammered when nobody wants it, end of March or early April.
I'm east of you we had cold January here very little snow. Yesterday was our 1st day over 32* this year.

Many a times late April snow has to melt before mowing lawn here :rolleyes:

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Don't mind the snow. I hate this freeze/thaw cycle. It is like multiple mud seasons.
Dog and kid prints on foyer and up the stairs. Drives the wife crazy.
Float the plow and dig up gravel and mud. Lift the plow and fight ice a few days later.
Give me cold hard driveway

Reactions: 3 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Don't mind the snow. I hate this freeze/thaw cycle. It is like multiple mud seasons.
Dog and kid prints on foyer and up the stairs. Drives the wife crazy.
Float the plow and dig up gravel and mud. Lift the plow and fight ice a few days later.
Give me cold hard driveway
I am with you there. All the mud is no fun. Making good use of my muck boots.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Yep, I'm up north of Goshen, and I topped off the Bx, the JD430 and the generator with diesel, then went in to Farm Bureau and refilled the jugs. Also stopped at the grocery store and picked up a few items and headed home.
We'll see what it looks like in the morning. What ever it is, I'm ready.
Let it snow!
Been to the Goshen area quite a bit. I am in the Auburn area.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
I do, but only once it is already on the ground. Until the weather network starts getting yesterdays forecast correct, it is really hard to believe in tomorrows forecast.

Reactions: 1 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have seen snow a few times and I will admit that even at 78 years old, I would still get excited. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
When I want to ride the Harley, I don't want snow.
When it snows between 1am-5am, M-F, I don't want snow (who wants to get up early and snowblow for an hour so you can then drive to work?
When it snows on the weekends; bring it on !
Someday I'll build a cab for the BX so I can snowblow in comfort listening to AC/DC on the stereo(volume set to '11'), in my shirtsleeves,.

Reactions: 1 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Yeah well I was making almost as much money plowing in my spare time as i did working, drove the tax lady crazy,, lol
I just finished plowing my drive and the road in front of my property. I live on a dead end country road and was just wondering if the county would pay me top plow our 2.5 mile road so they didnt have to worry about it. I highly doubt it.....probably too much red tape

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
When I want to ride the Harley, I don't want snow.
When it snows between 1am-5am, M-F, I don't want snow (who wants to get up early and snowblow for an hour so you can then drive to work?
When it snows on the weekends; bring it on !
Someday I'll build a cab for the BX so I can snowblow in comfort listening to AC/DC on the stereo(volume set to '11'), in my shirtsleeves,.
Thunder Struck! Rock on Dude!

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Excitement is long gone. Stuff from 3 snowfalls is just hanging around forever. Forecast is for a couple inches of rain tomorrow and next day. Hopefully, it will melt most of it.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I just finished plowing my drive and the road in front of my property. I live on a dead end country road and was just wondering if the county would pay me top plow our 2.5 mile road so they didnt have to worry about it. I highly doubt it.....probably too much red tape
They'd need to tender, and you to have full insurance coverage.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'm 100 miles south of our friend Tughill Tom on Route 12.

I hope he gets all he wants and no more. They get A LOT of Lake Effect snow. You hear the area mentioned on the Weather Channel often.

I see snowmobile trailers heading north toward him all winter. Big tourist activity up there. "The Tug" is renowned for sledding in the Northeast.

Been in CNY all my life. Seen enough of the white stuff.

I don't snowmobile....I do miss my Harley.

My wife is a teacher, so she's off in bad weather. I work 51+ weeks a year...I still gotta drive in it....not fun.

I'm okay if we skip it.....

Bing Crosby and his "White Christmas" song can kiss my tuckus.... ;) 😊

Last edited:

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Yeah. Probably not an option. Might have been years ago when before all the stupid red tape….but no more

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I plowed today, but with my Polaris Ranger. No reason to get the tractor out at -2 F when my Ranger has doors/windshield/rear windshield. Not quite heat, but the cab gets some heat with it being over the engine.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Been to the Goshen area quite a bit. I am in the Auburn area.
We got about 6-8 inches last night. The JD430 got a couple of hours of run time cleaning out my drives and a couple of the neighbors drives. The lady next door has chickens, so she gave me a dozen eggs as payment for cleaning out her drive.
Had to run to the Dollar General a couple miles away at about 8:00PM, and we got another couple of inches since I cleaned the drives. We may get a couple more inches over night.

How much did you get in Auburn?