Anybody have a PITA?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Just curious...I know I have some...probably the main one right now is...

...calling a vendor to ask a question, and after fighting my way through an automated system that has no intelligence, I finally end up with a person that speaks English as a third language...

...and I can't understand them!

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Time for you to take a Babble course so you can speak to them in their native language.
You're just a click away from learning a new language. It only costs $349.00 and they might have a black Friday sale!

Spanish:

Es hora de que hagas un curso de Babble para que puedas hablarles en su idioma nativo.

Estás a sólo un clic de aprender un nuevo idioma. ¡Solo cuesta $349,00 y es posible que tengan una oferta de viernes negro!

French:

Il y a une heure qu'il y a un cours de Babble pour que vous puissiez parler dans votre langage naturel.

C’est juste un clic pour apprendre un nouvel idiome. ¡Solo cuesta $349,00 et il est possible que vous ayez une offre de viernes negro !

Portuguese:

Há uma hora em que é um curso de Babble para que você possa falar em sua linguagem natural.

É apenas um clique para aprender um novo idioma. ¡Solo cuesta $349,00 e é possível que você tenha uma oferta de viernes negro !

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Time for you to take a Babble course so you can speak to them in their native language.
You're just a click away from learning a new language. It only costs $349.00 and they might have a black Friday sale!

Spanish:

Es hora de que hagas un curso de Babble para que puedas hablarles en su idioma nativo.

Estás a sólo un clic de aprender un nuevo idioma. ¡Solo cuesta $349,00 y es posible que tengan una oferta de viernes negro!

French:

Il y a une heure qu'il y a un cours de Babble pour que vous puissiez parler dans votre langage naturel.

C’est juste un clic pour apprendre un nouvel idiome. ¡Solo cuesta $349,00 et il est possible que vous ayez une offre de viernes negro !

Portuguese:

Há uma hora em que é um curso de Babble para que você possa falar em sua linguagem natural.

É apenas um clique para aprender um novo idioma. ¡Solo cuesta $349,00 e é possível que você tenha uma oferta de viernes negro !
In my PITA, how about Tagalog or Hindi? LOL but probably true...

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Tagalog:

Oras na para kumuha ka ng kursong Babble para makausap mo sila sa kanilang sariling wika.
Isang click ka na lang mula sa pag-aaral ng bagong wika. Nagkakahalaga lamang ito ng $349.00 at maaaring magkaroon sila ng black Friday sale!

Hindi:

आपके लिए बेबीबल कोर्स लेने का समय आ गया है ताकि आप उनसे उनकी मूल भाषा में बात कर सकें।
आप एक नई भाषा सीखने से बस एक क्लिक दूर हैं। इसकी कीमत केवल $349.00 है और उनके पास ब्लैक फ्राइडे सेल हो सकती है!
aapake lie bebeebal kors lene ka samay aa gaya hai taaki aap unase unakee mool bhaasha mein baat kar saken.
aap ek naee bhaasha seekhane se bas ek klik door hain. isakee keemat keval $349.00 hai aur unake paas blaik phraide sel ho sakatee hai!
Community Verified icon

I quit!! :)

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Tagalog:

Oras na para kumuha ka ng kursong Babble para makausap mo sila sa kanilang sariling wika.
Isang click ka na lang mula sa pag-aaral ng bagong wika. Nagkakahalaga lamang ito ng $349.00 at maaaring magkaroon sila ng black Friday sale!

Hindi:

आपके लिए बेबीबल कोर्स लेने का समय आ गया है ताकि आप उनसे उनकी मूल भाषा में बात कर सकें।
आप एक नई भाषा सीखने से बस एक क्लिक दूर हैं। इसकी कीमत केवल $349.00 है और उनके पास ब्लैक फ्राइडे सेल हो सकती है!
aapake lie bebeebal kors lene ka samay aa gaya hai taaki aap unase unakee mool bhaasha mein baat kar saken.
aap ek naee bhaasha seekhane se bas ek klik door hain. isakee keemat keval $349.00 hai aur unake paas blaik phraide sel ho sakatee hai!
View attachment 116671

I quit!! :)
Me too...especially since written translations have no purpose when speaking verbally...LOL

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Just curious...I know I have some...probably the main one right now is...

...calling a vendor to ask a question, and after fighting my way through an automated system that has no intelligence, I finally end up with a person that speaks English as a third language...

...and I can't understand them!
It just happened, to me....
Again....yesterday!

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I get them multiple times a day, not to mention the people who call constantly to tell me that my Medicare is up for renewal and they can save me money.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer it. If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll answer "Sheriff's Department, Homicide." At which point I'll usually hear "click......."

Reactions: 1 user

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
A.I customer service count?
I have a J.D. 650 that has low hours and is great condition. I only have 1 key and found a Amazon vendor that offered two keys for $9. One of the keys worked and the other did not. I contacted customer service A.I. and asked that instead of a refund they send me another key. No can do, send both keys back and get a refund was my only option. I asked, "Won't you just resell the keys at a lower cost as a return item"? Answer was yes, correct. I then asked won't another customer then get a defective key? Answer was yes, correct. In the end the cost to drive to free Amazon return drop off was more expensive then returning defective key. I ordered a second set of keys and both keys worked.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Do you realize when you pick up the phone, your number goes on a "Yes, someone answered" list that, your number is tagged into a robo-call system to receive more calls?

In other words...

You create the calls you hate.

Don't answer. If the call is important, they will leave a message. If you don't answer. 99% of the calls will be "click"

Try it if you do not believe me. To get the calls to stop, stop picking up the phone.

It will take your willpower. It will also take about 30 days for calls to simmer and become less annoying.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Do you realize when you pick up the phone, your number goes on a "Yes, someone answered" list that, your number is tagged into a robo-call system to receive more calls?

In other words...

You create the calls you hate.

Don't answer. If the call is important, they will leave a message. If you don't answer. 99% of the calls will be "click"

Try it if you do not believe me. To get the calls to stop, stop picking up the phone.

It will take your willpower. It will also take about 30 days for calls to simmer and become less annoying.
I have been not picking up.....for years!
Does not seem to make much difference.
Now, I just pick up, and say nothing!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OHHHHH OK never mind,,,,, I was thinking about the PITA I got rid of almost 40 years ago

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Maybe my best piece of info yet.

Something to try that has worked for me in the past many times. Push the French button to speak with a customer service rep in French. Usually the call centres with agents speaking French can also speak English.
Just something to try next time.

Reactions: 1 users

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
LOL. I don't answer even when I recogize the number!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
OHHHHH OK never mind,,,,, I was thinking about the PITA I got rid of almost 40 years ago
Mine went away 27 years ago, and was very expensive.
In retrospect.....absolutely worth it though!

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
LOL. I don't answer even when I recogize the number!
Since smartphones, no one calls, no one stops by. Text messages became (not mine) the new form of communicating, even though they drive by several times a week.

Everyone became an acquaintance.

Talk to the machine....

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

Spanish:

French:

Portuguese:

It really gives me a LAUGH …to hear a “Babbel” advertisement….. especially when they claim to be so expert in teaching other languages… such as when, in their advert,….they specifically offer to teach “chinese”.

(Hint for the unknowing: There is no such language as “chinese”.)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
used to date a Czech girl, and after that "failed" (she moved away and I stayed), a Russian. I learned a little of both. none of it repeatable. I'd like to forget the experiences, well most of them. The Czech was a good woman, and a better cook-I just couldn't keep up with her. Now I'm engaged to a southern redneck girl but that's ok, we understand each other just fine.

The coonasses are the ones I have a tough time with! Dated one in high school named Paula. Ya know how a dog tilts it's head when you make certain noises? That's pretty much how I looked at her whenever she talked. I'm like "huh???"

Nonetheless I'm not learning any second languages just to appease them. The VAST majority of America speaks English. If you're gonna do business here or live here, you're gonna be wise to learn English and speak it fluently such that everyone can understand you. If not, you're gonna have some challenges. You're not going to be very successful in changing 280 or so MILLION people's language to appease one or two people's wishes. Been through it.

when I worked at the kubota shop there was a guy who worked in service, and later in parts. Guy was a vet from Korea, older, but he was a patriot. He had a customer walk up to the counter and was talking to him in a very heavy spanish dialect. They could not understand each other. Finally he told the guy straight faced to go back where he came from or learn English. I can't totally disagree with him, but I did disagree with how he handled it. I would have been a little nicer about it. Jim wasn't nice to anyone, he told you what was on his mind.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I dated a French woman, and her English was fairly good. My French was none. She was a good cook and a great teacher. I learned life lessons from her that no English-speaking American woman could have ever thought of. Unfortunately for me, she dropped me like a hot potato when an older gentleman swept her off her feet because he was better-heeled than a 25-year-old kid. She was also a great artist and could draw in charcoal beautiful pictures. For you older folks that might wonder how long ago that was, when her brother came to visit I asked him what he did for work. He was President DeGaule's personal bodyguard. He looked like a giant standing next to his sister. I often wonder if she is still alive and still living in the US.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I dated a French woman, and her English was fairly good. My French was none. She was a good cook and a great teacher. I learned life lessons from her that no English-speaking American woman could have ever thought of. Unfortunately for me, she dropped me like a hot potato when an older gentleman swept her off her feet because he was better-heeled than a 25-year-old kid. She was also a great artist and could draw in charcoal beautiful pictures. For you older folks that might wonder how long ago that was, when her brother came to visit I asked him what he did for work. He was President DeGaule's personal bodyguard. He looked like a giant standing next to his sister. I often wonder if she is still alive and still living in the US.
Ooh la la, you just reminded me of the best 20 months of my life.
I was divorced, and 57 years old.
Beautiful, petite, French, and 12 years younger,..... but twice divorced.
She wanted "security".
I was afraid!

She moved on with a Dr., then CPA, but quickly dumped both.
Then married a charter boat capt, but got divorced.
Don't know where she is now, and really don't care.
Very classy woman, but unpredictable flashes of anger/instability.
Lucky she dumped me for the next guy!