ANTIFREEZE CHANCE

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
Im
Going to change the antifreeze in my B2650 I’m a little nervous about the pet cock on the block. And the drain in the radiator. Do both of these seal up pretty good? I’m worried about leaks after I’m done . Any special advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Im
Going to change the antifreeze in my B2650 I’m a little nervous about the pet cock on the block. And the drain in the radiator. Do both of these seal up pretty good? I’m worried about leaks after I’m done . Any special advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
If both are in good condition, they should close and seal fine after draining.

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
If both are in good condition, they should close and seal fine after draining.
The tractor is only 3 years old and I brought it new. So they should be in good shape. I’m not too sure about the pet cock on the engine block

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Pro tip:: Use a leaf-blower into the radiator-fill hole after draining. You may be surprised how much more fluid comes out of the drains.

Additionally, I usually fill with distilled water and run for several minutes then drain it again. This helps rinse any crud out of the system. I had to rinse/drain mine 3 times before it drained clear.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I drain my radiator each winter about this time to install my cab....or actually to hook up the heater in the cab when installed. The drain plug on the bottom of the radiator hasn't been a problem. I made this little tool to fit the groove in that plug better. Used with a slip joint pliars and it loosens/tightens without any issues.
DSC05786.JPG DSC05787.JPG
It's just a short piece of thin flat iron inletted into a short piece of pipe. Nothing fancy. The label is so I remember what it's for and don't throw it away in the summertime. 😄

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
My machine is a 2003 or 04. I did a full flush with distilled water on mine and cleaned the block petcock as it was silted shut and would not drain. BTW I don't believe in chemicals unless the system is fully caked up. Otherwise I simply flush with distilled water and then fully drain again. Refilling with good quality pre-mix or concentrate (if I can find it) mixed with distilled water.

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
I drain my radiator each winter about this time to install my cab....or actually to hook up the heater in the cab when installed. The drain plug on the bottom of the radiator hasn't been a problem. I made this little tool to fit the groove in that plug better. Used with a slip joint pliars and it loosens/tightens without any issues.
View attachment 69655 View attachment 69656
It's just a short piece of thin flat iron inletted into a short piece of pipe. Nothing fancy. The label is so I remember what it's for and don't throw it away in the summertime. 😄
Thanks Any advice on the petcock