Another Orange in town

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Was driving past the local Bad Boy dealer this morning and noticed they had a couple tractors sitting out front. Didn’t know they got into the sub/compact tractor market.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
there are so many colors out there to pick, why do (at least two) other manufactures land on orange for their color choice after Kubota?

interesting mix of specs when you compare their 24HP model to B2601
frame is longer, same width, taller. Front loader appears to exceed LA435, but the 3 point doesn't. I would give that tractor to my GF and rebadge it "naughty girl"

(PDFs below)

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
interesting mix of specs when you compare their 24HP model to B2601

frame is longer, same width, taller. Front loader appears to exceed LA435, but the 3 point doesnt. I would give that tractor to my GF and rebadge it "naughty girl"

(PDFs below)

Haven’t looked at them closely yet. Might stop by and kick the tires when I have some time. First I had seen them. I don’t know how well one would get along with the Spartan zero turn in the carport 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Kukje Machinery is owned by Tong Yang Moolsan. AKA "TYM".

TYM makes a number of branded tractors. They built the tractors Cabelas was selling a few years ago as well as those that currently being sold by Rural King as "RK Tractors". .

Over the years they've built Branson, Charger, Century, Millennium, Montana and a host of other bit players. At one point they were building some of Mahindra's tractors for them.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Here's what I dug up. Tractors are being build by Kukie Machinery Co.

TYM makes a number of branded tractors. They built the tractors Cabelas was selling a few years ago as well as those that currently being sold by Rural King as "RK Tractors". .

Over the years they've built Branson, Charger, Century, Millennium, Montana and a host of other bit players. At one point they were building some of Mahindra's tractors for them.

I think tractor companies choose an orange color to attract some market share from the leader, Kubota. Many people do not distinguish brands, but think all orange tractors are Kubota.

I have a friend who drive by a Kioti dealer two times a day for 8 years or so and when he saw the orange tractors just presumed they were Kubotas. Really questioned me when I told him they were Kioti, and a totally different company.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Interesting read:

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh

skeets cut the better light for the quarter mile win!

• Haha

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Interesting.
I don't think Bad Boy mowers had a very good reliability record in the past. Maybe they have improved.
Ditto my thoughts on the orange color.
Large Kioti dealer here in the area, every time I see their commercials I think they are selling Kubotas.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I am no marketing maven however the notion of " Bad Boy" does not stir positive emotions. Maybe a 20 year old named them or something.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Could you imagine the dumpster fire that would occur if someone started building green tractors that were just a teensy shade different green and yellow??

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Could you imagine the dumpster fire that would occur if someone started building green tractors that were just a teensy shade different green and yellow??
Apparently, it’s a problem for JD even if a youtuber has a green and yellow tractor on a t-shirt. ;)

Reactions: 1 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I think tractor companies choose an orange color to attract some market share from the leader, Kubota. Many people do not distinguish brands, but think all orange tractors are Kubota.
They're all copy cats. The original orange tractor was Allis Chalmers - we had a model C.

• Haha

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
bad boy's orange color could be changed sooner or later. That's all I'm saying.

When I worked at the dealer I would often get mowers in that had scratches on them from shipping them in those stacker trailers (they are packed in like sardines). We didn't get them in crates like TSC does. Anyway, I got real used to using a touch up pen on the mowing decks. Well once I was assembling an L3560 and installing loader, loader frame has some scratches on it, so out of curiousity I grabbed my bad boy touch up pen and touched them up. Absolutely 100% perfect match to my old eyes.

Them getting into the tractor business isn't really a great idea, although nothing I can do about it. I knew they were gonna do it as long as five years ago and I tried to warn them against doing it. But who am I besides a dumb butt grease monkey?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Interesting read:

Very interesting! They formed a tractor company just to offload 500 machines that were taken for unpaid bills.

I feel sorry for all of the people that bought one!